Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:11:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: an idea to help attendances ?  (Read 5640 times)

redbrez

• VSC Member
an idea to help attendances ?
« on September 01, 2010, 10:54:01 am by redbrez »
we must have 1,000 to 3,000? previous season ticket holders after the last three or four seasons hat are not sth now.,could the club not contact these people with a letter and questionnaire why they ain't sth still or do they still attend games?
and they could give them a card which will allow them to buy tickets at say $20 and give them details on how the supporters club have a savings club,and maybe other ideas to make it easier to save or buy there season tickets IE (that danum savings club? ).
would this help increase the attendance?,and help out previous sth who might be struggling financially.
might need tweaking a bit but at least it would Target people that have been sth before,and probably would take up the opportunity if the only reasons are financial?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re:an idea to help attendances ?
« Reply #1 on September 01, 2010, 10:59:35 am by Filo »
The club have the CRM software that can do all that and more, but for some unknown reason it has never been utilised properly!

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 01, 2010, 11:10:30 am by redbrez »
yes but on that system it could have twenty thousand names on it,with probably ten thousand names on it that have only been to two games the league play offs and johnstone's paint.
with my idea it targets once loyal sth holders who have attended regularly so in a way deserve the discount of twenty pound for a game which is about the going rate for a person who is a sth now.
these people are more likely to take up the offer than people who have just been to two games? and it would cost less money to mail a few thousand people than target ten thousand.
can we not ask gartom to bring this subject up again with jr,and lets hear from gartom what explanation the club come up with has regards why we don't use this software?

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 01, 2010, 11:39:08 am by Redandwhitewhizards »
I thought the club had already targeted people who didn't renew their season tickets and found that price was the main reason?

My view is that you are either a season ticket holder or you aren't - the club cannot go offering discounts to people who used to be season ticket holders on a regular basis as they will alienate the current fan base who have put their money where their mouth is and have bought a season ticket.

I am all for increasing the fan base, but telling someone they can pay on a match by match basis at season ticket holders prices isn't the answer unless you want around 6,000 pissed off people.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 01, 2010, 11:43:13 am by redbrez »
it wouldnt piss me off but get your point thats why it might need tweaking a bit,say make it 22 pound ? i just want the keepmoat full and more revenue for the rovers.

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 01, 2010, 11:50:21 am by Redandwhitewhizards »
All that would happen is that you would see a vast decline in season ticket holders and an increase on those that pay on the day - the monetary savings are the main reason why most people buy season tickets, if that was taken away, what incentive would people have to part with their money upfront? Even more so for those who may miss games due to work/holidays or less likely to want to come if we go through a rough part.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 01, 2010, 11:50:45 am by 5minstogo »
The pricing strategy won't be changed this season, it would be unfair to those who have purchased season tickets. (Which for the first time in years I am not)

The prices have been submitted to the Football League and as far as I am aware there are a limited amount of times that you can offer special price reductions.

So thats it for this season, if it causes reduced attendances who knows. No doubt we'll get told we don't deserve a successful team.

danny1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 01, 2010, 12:12:29 pm by danny1 »
Just wished We had scunny ticket prices. Adults 15 pound and under 18 5a

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 01, 2010, 01:03:34 pm by NigelJ »
danny1 wrote:

What a totally misleading statement. :angry:

Scunthorpe do not charge £15 for every game, just the same as we don't charge £28 for every game.

In fact, we have £15 tickets for category 3 games. Although we haven't had any category 3 games yet, we will, no doubt, have several later in the season. Just look at the fixture list. All of our local derbies, and bigger draw teams have fallen in the first part of the season, hence why all games up to now have been category 1 or 2. I will bet that the Swansea game will be category 3, and several in 2011.

Another thing which is annoying me with all these discussions, is the continual 'I'm not paying £28 to watch a football match' comments. You don't have to. Get a Category B seat, and pay £25. Continually mentioning the £28 price for category 1 games is misleading to anyone reading this board. They would think that this is the only price, when it is in fact, the top price for the top category seats in the top category games.

Rant over.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 01, 2010, 03:06:41 pm by MrFrost »
NigelJ wrote:
danny1 wrote:

Scunthorpe do not charge £15 for every game, just the same as we don't charge £28 for every game.

In fact, we have £15 tickets for category 3 games. Although we haven't had any category 3 games yet, we will, no doubt, have several later in the season. Just look at the fixture list. All of our local derbies, and bigger draw teams have fallen in the first part of the season, hence why all games up to now have been category 1 or 2. I will bet that the Swansea game will be category 3, and several in 2011.

Another thing which is annoying me with all these discussions, is the continual 'I'm not paying £28 to watch a football match' comments. You don't have to. Get a Category B seat, and pay £25. Continually mentioning the £28 price for category 1 games is misleading to anyone reading this board. They would think that this is the only price, when it is in fact, the top price for the top category seats in the top category games.

Rant over.

You reckon we'll have several? I'll bet that we don't have one.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 01, 2010, 03:07:20 pm by MrFrost »
5minstogo wrote:
The pricing strategy won't be changed this season, it would be unfair to those who have purchased season tickets. (Which for the first time in years I am not)

The prices have been submitted to the Football League and as far as I am aware there are a limited amount of times that you can offer special price reductions.

So thats it for this season, if it causes reduced attendances who knows. No doubt we'll get told we don't deserve a successful team.

I reckon prices will go up a quid when the VAT is increased in January.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 01, 2010, 03:26:01 pm by NigelJ »
MrFrost wrote:
NigelJ wrote:
danny1 wrote:

Rant over.

How much are you betting? I'll take you up on that offer. Shall we say £100?

hatfield reg

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 01, 2010, 04:14:13 pm by hatfield reg »
Why not let all season ticket holders bring a friend for £15 to see if we can generate a bit of interest. They could use vouchers out of your season ticket book.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 01, 2010, 04:26:37 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
NigelJ wrote:
MrFrost wrote:

Not the first time Frosty has offered a wager on this topic and has disappeared into the shadows when someone takes up the bet.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 01, 2010, 07:17:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
we must have 1,000 to 3,000? previous season ticket holders after the last three or four seasons hat are not sth now.,could the club not contact these people with a letter and questionnaire why they ain't sth still or do they still attend games?

The club have contacted a selection of ex ST holders (I don't know what percentage)seeking feedback on the reasons why they have not bought. No surprises in the response.

Gartom has confirmed that there is due to be a meeting soon to with JR to discuss these issues. There are plans in the pipeline to try and redress the balance with a scheme(s) which will be appealing to non ST holders without undermining the value of a season ticket.

However, being on the outside looking in, I have no idea when anything will be launched, how much the product(s) will be and how it will be marketed.(I hope they do reach out to those ex ST holders as we know the audience is there)

These are key issues that the club needs to get right and, let's hope they get it more right than wrong this time.

I'm sure Gareth will be doing his upmost to ensure our voices are heard, or more importantly the voices of the silent ones who have already walked !

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 01, 2010, 07:47:19 pm by redbrez »
good, i hope they push and push jr in the meeting to make him see sense and it might show some people at the rovers could do a better job at marketing.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 02, 2010, 11:38:19 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Snods Shinpad 2 wrote:
NigelJ wrote:
MrFrost wrote:

Not the first time Frosty has offered a wager on this topic and has disappeared into the shadows when someone takes up the bet.

He's already taken up my bet that will go to charity when it does happen.  Whether he pays or not?

Back on topic, why doesn't the club utilise people like me?  I need work experience, just finished a business and finance degree and would work on a project for the club for either a small fee or even voluntary as it would boost my CV. It would help me get experience and allow the club some cheap labour.  I'm going to write them a letter and e-mail saying the same, let's see if I get a reply.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 02, 2010, 01:50:30 pm by mutleyrover »
As the majority of local / attractive home games are prior to Christmas, maybe the club can come up with a sensible price for a half season ticket!

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 02, 2010, 02:27:23 pm by Wello »
Maybe target the schools and do something radical like give free tickets to school kids, like dish 3000 out get the school kids hoocked and then, if Like any young child they will badger there parents to take them when the offers stop. worth a punt dont see any other ideas. but one thing folk in doncaster wont pay £28 pound a ticket as its proving. I think DRFC have already budgeted for the Tax increase thats why the ticket prices have gone up. Its nothing to do with player wage why they have gone up, but the club will say that to ease questioning.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 02, 2010, 02:33:04 pm by Nudga »
Why don't we keep it simple and be pro-active and have £20 tickets in ALL sides of the ground for EVERY match.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 02, 2010, 04:13:12 pm by Superspy »
they already do give free tickets out at schools.

VikingJames

« Reply #21 on September 02, 2010, 04:20:50 pm by VikingJames »
Superspy wrote:

Not much good if a parent has to pay 25 quid to go with the kid.

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 02, 2010, 04:50:26 pm by Wello »
yeah about 30 which is a class full, we need school fulls there to fill the ground with only 8 thousand there a game. aiming at the youth is the only way to grow the fan base.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 02, 2010, 06:04:59 pm by DonnyRTID »
VikingJames wrote:
Superspy wrote:

Jeez, it's like getting blood out of a stone with some folk. :cry:

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 02, 2010, 09:07:51 pm by VixDRFC »
VikingJames wrote:
Superspy wrote:

I'd have to double check at work tomorrow but I'm pretty certain the tickets they give to schools have a £0.00 price on them like the ones Alliance members get meaning a parent can take their child. I know the school I work at sends a letter to parents with the tickets (for the younger years at least) saying they hope the parent will go with the child. My workmate's a blade as is her whole family but when the youngest got tickets for a Rovers match from school he and his dad went (and enjoyed it though it happened to be the match before we played the Blades ;) )

Its fine giving out a set of tickets but if the child wants to go again and the parents can't afford this regularly you're back to square one. Having said that I know at least one family who go home and away regularly and it all came from the son being given a ticket at school

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 02, 2010, 10:10:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
ts fine giving out a set of tickets but if the child wants to go again and the parents can't afford this regularly you're back to square one. Having said that I know at least one family who go home and away regularly and it all came from the son being given a ticket at school

Yeah. The quid a quid thing and the offers through schools are positive however, lacks foresight and imagination.

The club needs to remember the kids need to be accompanied by an adult, so how much are they going to pay and how much will they be expected to fork out for the add ons of food and drink.

The issue of family tickets has been discussed before and it's a difficult one to pitch right without undermining the benefit of purchasing individual Season Tickets.

However, the club should be able to come up with a solution that would allow groups of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids, or 1 adult and 3 kids !) to purchase match day tickets at a very highly discounted rate.

Now, if I was the the club I wouldn't give a toss if people 'adopted' kids in order that they could take advantage of these discounted tickets, or kids were mixed and matched from other folks families.

The point is we would get 4 people in that would not otherwise attend.

On the subject of kids prices, can someone tell me why we have 2 tiers of prices for u16s ? Surely a kids a kid who's not earning and therefore if they take up a seat the price has to be the same ?

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 02, 2010, 10:24:19 pm by VixDRFC »
About tie \"adopted\" kid bit I work with a kid who is (according to him) a Leeds fan (because his dad is) yet they never go to watch Leeds, by his own admission he has watched Rovers live far more than he's watched Leeds because of the rest of his family and \"quid a kid\" etc

This may be totally unworkable and I'll probably get laughed off the boards but surely the Rovers in the Community team have CRB checks as they work in schools - how about setting up a club where kids can go and watch the Rovers without a parent, being watched by Rovers staff. If dad is working and mum wants to go shopping surely its better than leaving junior at home or dragging them round the shops and it could create a new generation of supporter

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 02, 2010, 10:27:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Like a creche you mean ?

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 02, 2010, 10:30:13 pm by VixDRFC »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Like a creche you mean ?

I run one at work, we dress it up as a \"Homework Club\"

Would solve the problem of what happens after you give free tickets and kids want to go again but parents can't afford

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 02, 2010, 10:34:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's an option although you'd have to pay the 'minders' and let's face it, I wouldn't want to be one of them.

The ideal solution would be that the parents CAN afford it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012