Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:13:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stand up and sing for us  (Read 2197 times)

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
Stand up and sing for us
« on September 14, 2010, 12:35:03 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
I'm not going to go on preach about this but it'd be nice to see the Rovers fans show some passion on Friday night; this is one night this season where it’d be nice to prove the doubters wrong and show that we’re not a ‘town full off Leeds fans’ or ‘here to see the Leeds’. Stand up, sing, contest every refereeing decision; lets make this a home game. Get behind the lads.

WSBBA - the spirit of Belle Vue

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VikingJames

Re:Stand up and sing for us
« Reply #1 on September 14, 2010, 01:48:37 pm by VikingJames »
Friday night? What about tonight?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 14, 2010, 01:50:20 pm by Filo »
VikingJames wrote:
Friday night? What about tonight?

Exactly! get some practice in tonight!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 14, 2010, 01:58:46 pm by dknward2 »
Think that we need to start singing to the players as soon as they come out show them that we are right behind them from the kick off

gavuez1723

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 14, 2010, 02:01:31 pm by gavuez1723 »
Seems like everyone has forgotten about tonight's game because we are playing Chelsea rejects Utd on Friday its absurd  :headbang:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 14, 2010, 02:08:00 pm by ravenrover »
WSBBA_Ben wrote:
I'm not going to go on preach about this but it'd be nice to see the Rovers fans show some passion on Friday night; this is one night this season where it’d be nice to prove the doubters wrong and show that we’re not a ‘town full off Leeds fans’ or ‘here to see the Leeds’. Stand up, sing, contest every refereeing decision; lets make this a home game. Get behind the lads.

Why do you HAVE to shout and bawl to show your support for the team? When I was a young lad many years ago I stood with Archie and the boys and sang and shouted as loud as anyone. Now in my old age I go to WATCH a football match.
I've paid for a seat I want to sit in it, I don't want to have to be jumping up and down (except when we score) every pair of plates.
Also why are some people on here obsessed with beating Leeds? It's just another match I am more bothered about beating the likes of Barnsley or the Blunts and now I live and drink in Nottingham beating the likes of Forest, Leicester and Derby. Tonight I am bothered about beating Norwich!!
Why should the atmosphere be any different on Friday as opposed to tonight or any other night?
I now show my appreciation to good football in my own way but not to the extent of shouting and swearing at the opposing fans (lets face it thats what most of our current chants are about) or droaning on about being part of Sean O'Driscolls red and white army for 5 minutes. If you want to to sing and shout that's fine by me but let other people enjoy the match in their own way and show their appreciation in their own way in my case part of it is by buying a ticket every match and travelling neary 80 miles each time to watch a home game.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 14, 2010, 03:09:08 pm by Ldr »
ravenrover wrote:
WSBBA_Ben wrote:

Why do you HAVE to shout and bawl to show your support for the team? When I was a young lad many years ago I stood with Archie and the boys and sang and shouted as loud as anyone. Now in my old age I go to WATCH a football match.
I've paid for a seat I want to sit in it, I don't want to have to be jumping up and down (except when we score) every pair of plates.
Also why are some people on here obsessed with beating Leeds? It's just another match I am more bothered about beating the likes of Barnsley or the Blunts and now I live and drink in Nottingham beating the likes of Forest, Leicester and Derby. Tonight I am bothered about beating Norwich!!
Why should the atmosphere be any different on Friday as opposed to tonight or any other night?
I now show my appreciation to good football in my own way but not to the extent of shouting and swearing at the opposing fans (lets face it thats what most of our current chants are about) or droaning on about being part of Sean O'Driscolls red and white army for 5 minutes. If you want to to sing and shout that's fine by me but let other people enjoy the match in their own way and show their appreciation in their own way in my case part of it is by buying a ticket every match and travelling neary 80 miles each time to watch a home game.

Best post on the subject ever, from a fellow exile (250 mile round trip)

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 14, 2010, 03:16:48 pm by Superspy »
even more proof we need a singing section, like it wasn't evident enough already :D

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 14, 2010, 03:33:29 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
ravenrover wrote:
WSBBA_Ben wrote:

I'd love to think the atmosphere will be good tonight; but as it was against Bristol & Hull...the fans don't seem to want to get involved and get behind the lads. Every 3 points is important, but we have more chance of creating an atmosphere with a decent following in the home end.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 14, 2010, 03:58:26 pm by ravenrover »
WSBBA_Ben wrote:
ravenrover wrote:
WSBBA_Ben wrote:

I'd love to think the atmosphere will be good tonight; but as it was against Bristol & Hull...the fans don't seem to want to get involved and get behind the lads. Every 3 points is important, but we have more chance of creating an atmosphere with a decent following in the home end.

Totally agree, if you want to sing and shout sit in the South Stand but as for a \"decent following\" have you noticed the mass exodus from the South Stand usually from 70mins onwards and also from the East stand. I find it ridiculous that we have complaints about paying £28 for a ticket and still leave before the end.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 14, 2010, 04:12:44 pm by Superspy »
i wonder how many of the early leavers DO moan about the ticket price.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012