Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 01:26:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ryan: What a desperate little man  (Read 21372 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re:Ryan: What a desperate little man
« Reply #60 on September 16, 2010, 10:27:02 pm by mushRTID »
Boomstick wrote:
'We are the champions, champions of wembley'.....

Seriously, this would sound awesome.

'We are the champions, champions of wembley'

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on September 16, 2010, 10:32:24 pm by hoolahoop »
mushRTID wrote:
Boomstick wrote:
'We are the champions, champions of wembley'.....

Seriously, this would sound awesome.

:scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

cas rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on September 16, 2010, 10:55:20 pm by cas rover »
we shouldn`t  mock the afflicted
some illnessess are caused by brain damage
and we should be thankful that we haven`t been infected by this scum virus
 :headbang:  :evil:  :headbang:

donnybez

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on September 16, 2010, 11:49:09 pm by donnybez »
Its funny because this outbreak is usually restricted to Leeds (and areas of Sheffield like Hillsborough) however there seemed to be a minor one in Donny in the late 90's however the infections under control now....well as controlled as them animals can be

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on September 16, 2010, 11:49:48 pm by Superspy »
maybe we should just take the continental approach to chanting and scream clap and cheer every time a donny player gets the ball, boo and whistle every time a leeds player gets it, haha.

sham69

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on September 17, 2010, 09:08:31 am by sham69 »
donnybez wrote:
Its funny because this outbreak is usually restricted to Leeds (and areas of Sheffield like Hillsborough) however there seemed to be a minor one in Donny in the late 90's however the infections under control now....well as controlled as them animals can be

Oi, Why mention Hillsbro? Keep this thread between Donny and Leeds please!  ;)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re:Ryan: What a hero
« Reply #66 on September 17, 2010, 10:58:04 am by BillyStubbsTears »
hoolahoop wrote:
philsky wrote:
Dont get me going about the trip to Wembley.

What a fantastic game until my wife, two kids and myself headed for the tube.

Genuinely, could we enjoy the outcome ?

Not a bloody chance, you could feel the tension as we walked to the tube, and the Leeds fans did their utmost to spoil the end of the day.

I will never forgive them.NEVER.

RTID

Neither will I or my family, we were spat at and had ale thrown all over our young'un. You have some right w**kers at your club and you need to grow up.
I also detest your lot with a vengeance you are sore winners and ba***rds as losers.  :angry:

I was genuinely surprised by how many thick as pigshit retards in Leeds shirts I encountered that day. Starting the moment I got on the train from Reading where we'd been staying with the in-laws, to find a carriage full of middle-aged men in Leeds shirts, mumbling to each other as I walked past, \"Daarrrnny fan.\" \"Eeeee's a Daarnny fan\". Like it was some sort of intellectual work of genius, to deduce from the fact that I was wearing a red and white hooped shirt and was heading in the general direction of Wembley, that I was a Donny fan. It was like a bunch of 14 year old public schoolboys being introduced to a beautiful woman and standing there shuffling their shoes, looking at their hands and mumbling \"pretty lady\" whilst not having a f**king clue how to deal with this unexpected social occurence.

Then, on my way back through Reading station that night, I was assailed by another middle aged voice shouting in a Cockney accent, \" 'Cat at 'at caarrnt. 'aving a lorrrff.\" I assume he actually meant \"Look at that caaarrrnnnnt\" by his first sentence, though to be honest it did just sound like a bad Scrabble hand. I spun round to see a vile squat little 50 year old in a Leeds shirt gurning at me, winked at him, said, \"Oh aye cock, I'm having a reight laugh,\" and went about my way.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on September 17, 2010, 11:10:52 am by inSODwetrust »
Re:Ryan: What a hero 6 Minutes ago    
hoolahoop wrote:

philsky wrote:

Not a bloody chance, you could feel the tension as we walked to the tube, and the Leeds fans did their utmost to spoil the end of the day.

RTID

Neither will I or my family, we were spat at and had ale thrown all over our young'un. You have some right w**kers at your club and you need to grow up.
I also detest your lot with a vengeance you are sore winners and ba***rds as losers.

I was genuinely surprised by how many thick as pigshit retards in Leeds shirts I encountered that day. Starting the moment I got on the train from Reading where we'd been staying with the in-laws, to find a carriage full of middle-aged men in Leeds shirts, mumbling to each other as I walked past, \"Daarrrnny fan.\" \"Eeeee's a Daarnny fan\". Like it was some sort of intellectual work of genius, to deduce from the fact that I was wearing a red and white hooped shirt and was heading in the general direction of Wembley, that I was a Donny fan. It was like a bunch of 14 year old public schoolboys being introduced to a beautiful woman and standing there shuffling their shoes, looking at their hands and mumbling \"pretty lady\" whilst not having a fcuking clue how to deal with this unexpected social occurence.

Then, on my way back through Reading station that night, I was assailed by another middle aged voice shouting in a Cockney accent, \" 'Cat at 'at caarrnt. 'aving a lorrrff.\" I assume he actually meant \"Look at that caaarrrnnnnt\" by his first sentence, though to be honest it did just sound like a bad Scrabble hand. I spun round to see a vile squat little 50 year old in a Leeds shirt gurning at me, winked at him, said, \"Oh aye cock, I'm having a reight laugh,\" and went about my way.

I will always remember on the way home from Wembley on the supporters coach, stopping off at a service station with about 20 other Rovers coaches, and as we were walking towards the entrance, with a massive grin on our faces, wearing our red and white hoops with pride, a group of about ten Leeds fans just stood at the entrance, and were chanting 'Your support is F***ing Sh*t', and not even one Rovers fan reacted. QUALITY!

:scarf:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on September 17, 2010, 11:18:43 am by Filo »
inSODwetrust wrote:
a group of about ten Leeds fans just stood at the entrance, and were chanting 'Your support is F***ing Sh*t', and not even one Rovers fan reacted. QUALITY!

It`s like a piece of dogshit on the pavement, you know it`s there but you just walk around it and ignore it  :laugh:

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on September 17, 2010, 11:33:37 am by DearneValleyRover »
inSODwetrust wrote:
Re:Ryan: What a hero 6 Minutes ago    
hoolahoop wrote:

philsky wrote:

RTID

I also detest your lot with a vengeance you are sore winners and ba***rds as losers.

I was genuinely surprised by how many thick as pigshit retards in Leeds shirts I encountered that day. Starting the moment I got on the train from Reading where we'd been staying with the in-laws, to find a carriage full of middle-aged men in Leeds shirts, mumbling to each other as I walked past, \"Daarrrnny fan.\" \"Eeeee's a Daarnny fan\". Like it was some sort of intellectual work of genius, to deduce from the fact that I was wearing a red and white hooped shirt and was heading in the general direction of Wembley, that I was a Donny fan. It was like a bunch of 14 year old public schoolboys being introduced to a beautiful woman and standing there shuffling their shoes, looking at their hands and mumbling \"pretty lady\" whilst not having a fcuking clue how to deal with this unexpected social occurence.

I will always remember on the way home from Wembley on the supporters coach, stopping off at a service station with about 20 other Rovers coaches, and as we were walking towards the entrance, with a massive grin on our faces, wearing our red and white hoops with pride, a group of about ten Leeds fans just stood at the entrance, and were chanting 'Your support is F***ing Sh*t', and not even one Rovers fan reacted. QUALITY!

Yeah I was at that service station, every single Rovers fan just walked past with big grins talking amongst each other and totally blanked the clowns as if they didn't exist, to my mind they didn't.

Tonight however as nice as it is to enjoy past glories things are different, I would hope that rather than the predictable 'Leeds scum' chant we actually sang for our team, Molly Malone, Zigger Zagger etc.. with as much passion and voice as the scum chant will undoubtably get as we are there to support the Rovers and quality of Football we produce rather than acknowledging moronic behaviour.
I doubt this will happen unfortunately. :(

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on September 17, 2010, 12:38:18 pm by RobTheRover »
I was there too, and I saw the best and worst of Leeds fans there.

Passed the gurning monkeys on the way in, gave them a big cheesy smile, had my slash, and whilst stood in the shop buying a sandwich, a group of Leeds fans in front were shaking the Donny fans hands and saying good luck and we deserved to beat them on performance.  As we left with their good wishes ringing in our ears, we came across a young Donny fan who had been smacked in the mouth for no apparent reason.

Bikka

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on September 17, 2010, 02:09:49 pm by Bikka »
We don't care about Rov'ham,
We don't care about Lids,
All we are about is DRFCeeeee  :P

donnybez

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on September 17, 2010, 02:20:58 pm by donnybez »
I guess i was lucky, cause I happened to be on the one tube where we outnumbered the ONE Leeds fan

After all these post Wembley horror stories, i guess its thank f**k we dont have a tube in Donny

Btw my Villa mate has put a big bet that we'll win and Sharp will score first :laugh: deserves a chant of \"You dont know what your doing!\" ?

blakey

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on September 17, 2010, 03:07:10 pm by blakey »
Boomstick wrote:
PDX_Rover wrote:
Nowhere in that piece does John Ryan say Doncaster are bigger than Leeds.  Just better. Which, arguably, we are.  It's a fair point.  And Rovers lost a whole generation fans to teams like Leeds and the Sheffield clubs because we were lower league, even non-league for the majority of the past 40+ years. Again, understandable.

Leeds fans would do well to remember who their chairman is. A fcuking torrid little man.

There is no argument, Rovers ARE better and have been for the past 5 years, and will be for the forseable future. That is a fact

5 years. How did you work that little 'fact' out then?

It will only be a matter of time before Leeds go back to the prem and establish themselves and I would say within 3 years we will be there. Why did Kasper Schmeichel go to Leeds? He is clearly the best keeper in this division by far and better than a lot of keepers in the prem and Leeds is a stepping stone for him we know that but he wouldn't have gone anywhere else in the championship. I also know 3 big names in the prem came for him and rejected them.
The point im trying to make is that Leeds will attract who they want to now. We have made a decent start overall and will continue to strengthen in the loan window and in Jan and this process will continue over the next coming years til we are promoted. Donny blew all their cash on a striker who didn't even want to go and wanted to fight for his place at Sheffield. We signed Ross McCormack for a quarter of what you paid for Sharp and is proven to score 20 goals in this league.

Over time Leeds will be streets apart from you again. Doncaster Rovers has reached its peak,Leeds are in the rebuiding process.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on September 17, 2010, 03:11:31 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
blakey wrote:
Boomstick wrote:
PDX_Rover wrote:
Nowhere in that piece does John Ryan say Doncaster are bigger than Leeds.  Just better. Which, arguably, we are.  It's a fair point.  And Rovers lost a whole generation fans to teams like Leeds and the Sheffield clubs because we were lower league, even non-league for the majority of the past 40+ years. Again, understandable.

Leeds fans would do well to remember who their chairman is. A fcuking torrid little man.

There is no argument, Rovers ARE better and have been for the past 5 years, and will be for the forseable future. That is a fact

It will only be a matter of time before Leeds go back to the prem and establish themselves and I would say within 3 years we will be there. Why did Kasper Schmeichel go to Leeds? He is clearly the best keeper in this division by far and better than a lot of keepers in the prem and Leeds is a stepping stone for him we know that but he wouldn't have gone anywhere else in the championship. I also know 3 big names in the prem came for him and rejected them.
The point im trying to make is that Leeds will attract who they want to now. We have made a decent start overall and will continue to strengthen in the loan window and in Jan and this process will continue over the next coming years til we are promoted. Donny blew all their cash on a striker who didn't even want to go and wanted to fight for his place at Sheffield. We signed Ross McCormack for a quarter of what you paid for Sharp and is proven to score 20 goals in this league.

Over time Leeds will be streets apart from you again. Doncaster Rovers has reached its peak,Leeds are in the rebuiding process.

Why did Schmeichel sign for Leeds?  Why did he sign for Notts County? Money I expect.

Ross McCormack better than Sharp?  Well I've seen both in a Rovers shirt and I know which one gives 100 percent and which one used to be out on the piss in town most nights.

sham69

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on September 17, 2010, 03:16:06 pm by sham69 »
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The Aston Villa team of 1897 that won The DoubleThis is a list of the major honours won by football clubs in England. It lists every English football club to have won any of the three major domestic trophies and five major European competitions which have existed at different times,[1] or the two global competitions FIFA recognizes.[2] These honours consist of the English football championship—The Football League up to 1992 or Premier League thereafter—the FA Cup, the League Cup, the Champions League or its predecessor the European Cup, the European Cup Winners' Cup, the UEFA Cup or its predecessor the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, and the FIFA Club World Cup or its predecessor the Intercontinental Cup.

Competitive football started in England with the FA Cup, the oldest football competition in the world,[3] first being competed for in the 1871–72 season when Wanderers beat Royal Engineers 1–0.[4] League football followed in the subsequent decade when The Football League was founded in 1888, with Preston North End winning the first title.[5] The Football League, which was renamed the First Division upon expansion of the league in 1892, remained the highest division of the English football league system until 1992 when the Premier League was founded.[6] The Football League also added a second major cup competition in 1960, when it founded the League Cup, invititation to which is restricted to the 92 members of the league. Liverpool, without a league title league since the 1989–90 season, jointly hold the record of 18 league championships with Manchester United, who have won 11 Premier League titles.[7] Liverpool hold the record number of League Cup titles with seven victories in the final,[8] and Manchester United have won the most FA Cups with the 2004 title being their 11th.[9][10]

European competition started in 1955 with the European Cup and the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, which was succeeded by the UEFA Cup for the 1971–72 season.[11] The Cup Winners' Cup followed in 1960 but was discontinued in 1999.[12] As of the 2006–07 season, 32 English teams have competed in the three main European competitions, 13 of which have lifted at least one trophy,[13] with four of those winning the European Cup—Aston Villa, Liverpool, Manchester United and Nottingham Forest.[14]

Intercontinental competition started in 1960 with the Intercontinental Cup, which consisted of a two-legged tie between the European Cup and the South American Copa Libertadores winners from 1960 to 1979. In 1980, it became known as the Toyota Cup, and consisted of a single match played in Japan. The last edition was played in 2004, whereupon it was replaced by the FIFA Club World Cup, a knock-out tournament featuring the champions of all six continental confederations.[15] Manchester United were the first and, as of 2010, the only English team to win either of these competitions, winning the Intercontinental Cup in 1999 and the Club World Cup in 2008.[2]

Contents [hide]
1 Honours table
2 See also
3 References
4 External links

[edit] Honours table
Key
Domestic League
League = Champions of
Premier League or
(until 1992) Football League
 Domestic Cup Competitions
FAC = FA Cup
LC = League Cup

Primary European Competitions
CL = Champions League
EC = European Cup
 Other European Competitions
UCWC = UEFA Cup Winners' Cup
FC = Inter-Cities Fairs Cup
UC = UEFA Cup
EL = Europa League
 Worldwide Competitions
CWC = Club World Cup
ICC = Intercontinental Cup

Club League FAC LC CL/EC UCWC/FC
EL/UC CWC/ICC Total Last trophy Notes
1 Liverpool 18 7 7 5 3 0 40 2006 FAC [16]
2 Manchester United 18 11 4 3 1 2 39 2010 LC [17]
3 Arsenal 13 10 2 0 2 0 27 2005 FAC [18]
4 Aston Villa 7 7 5 1 0 0 20 1996 LC [19]
5 Tottenham Hotspur 2 8 4 0 3 0 17 2008 LC [20]
6 Chelsea 4 6 4 0 2 0 16 2010 FAC [21]
7 Everton 9 5 0 0 1 0 15 1995 FAC [22]
8 Newcastle United 4 6 0 0 1 0 11 1969 FC [23]
9 Blackburn Rovers 3 6 1 0 0 0 10 2002 LC [24]
10 Nottingham Forest 1 2 4 2 0 0 9 1990 LC [25]
10 Wolverhampton Wanderers 3 4 2 0 0 0 9 1980 LC [26]
10 Manchester City 2 4 2 0 1 0 9 1976 LC [27]
13 Sunderland 6 2 0 0 0 0 8 1973 FAC [28]
13 Sheffield Wednesday 4 3 1 0 0 0 8 1991 LC [29]
15 West Bromwich Albion 1 5 1 0 0 0 7 1968 FAC [30]
15 Leeds United 3 1 1 0 2 0 7 1992 League [31]
17 Sheffield United 1 4 0 0 0 0 5 1925 FAC [32]
17 Wanderers 0 5 0 0 0 0 5 1878 FAC [33]
19 Huddersfield Town 3 1 0 0 0 0 4 1926 League [34]
19 Portsmouth 2 2 0 0 0 0 4 2008 FAC [35]
19 Preston North End 2 2 0 0 0 0 4 1938 FAC [36]
19 Bolton Wanderers 0 4 0 0 0 0 4 1958 FAC [37]
19 West Ham United 0 3 0 0 1 0 4 1980 FAC [38]
24 Burnley 2 1 0 0 0 0 3 1960 League [39]
24 Derby County 2 1 0 0 0 0 3 1975 League [40]
24 Leicester City 0 0 3 0 0 0 3 2000 LC [41]
24 Ipswich Town 1 1 0 0 1 0 3 1981 UC [42]
28 Bury 0 2 0 0 0 0 2 1903 FAC [43]
28 Old Etonians 0 2 0 0 0 0 2 1882 FAC [44]
28 Norwich City 0 0 2 0 0 0 2 1985 LC [45]
31 Barnsley 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1912 FAC [46]
31 Blackburn Olympic 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1883 FAC [47]
31 Blackpool 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1953 FAC [48]
31 Bradford City 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1911 FAC [49]
31 Cardiff City[50] 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1927 FAC [51]
31 Charlton Athletic 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1947 FAC [52]
31 Clapham Rovers 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1880 FAC [53]
31 Coventry City 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1987 FAC [54]
31 Notts County 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1894 FAC [55]
31 Old Carthusians 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1881 FAC [56]
31 Oxford University 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1874 FAC [57]
31 Royal Engineers 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1875 FAC [58]
31 Southampton 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1976 FAC [59]
31 Wimbledon 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1988 FAC [60]
31 Birmingham City 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1963 LC [61]
31 Luton Town 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1988 LC [62]
31 Middlesbrough 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2004 LC [63]
31 Oxford United 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1986 LC [64]
31 Queens Park Rangers 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1967 LC [65]
31 Stoke City 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1972 LC [66]
31 Swindon Town 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1969 LC [67]

donnybez

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on September 17, 2010, 03:16:40 pm by donnybez »
blakey wrote:
Boomstick wrote:
PDX_Rover wrote:

Okay cross examination time again

Kasper best keeper in Championship? No, top 10 maybe but definatly not the best. He went for the money most likely, and where did i get that opinion from? His time at Notts County, no 'Premier League' class keeper would drop from The top to go all the way to the bottom for 'a challenge'.

Leeds wont attract who they want to now. Lets get real, Do you think Messi would go to Leeds? Do you think Rooney would at this moment in time? Do you think Leeds really are going to be back in the top 10 teams in England in 5 years time?

Sharp wanted to stay at Sheffield Utd, yes, but he also wanted to come here as he did last year and proved he isn't some past it striker. As for Ross, when you have the service, the goals will come and from i gather, mostly from the goal scoring charts, he hasn't the service required.

Oh and as for the mass signings in January i heavily doubt Tight fist git Bates will want to blow his cash on more players

Do yourself a favour. Look at Leeds United and really ask would anybody want to play here? with the fans that regulary appear in the CCTV Crime programs then Fans of the year awards

sham69

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on September 17, 2010, 03:19:02 pm by sham69 »
Sorry about my last post, I didnt mean to put all that up. Leeds are 15th, so yes they have history, that counts for nothing tonight though. I think thats what Rovers fans are trying to say....

irishcontingent

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on September 17, 2010, 04:00:44 pm by irishcontingent »
blakey wrote:
Boomstick wrote:
PDX_Rover wrote:

I tell you what, i will wager with you £100 that LUFC will get no where near premiership in next ten years, nor will LUFC EVER be the force they used to be again.

blakey

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on September 18, 2010, 10:08:34 am by blakey »
Boomstick wrote:
PDX_Rover wrote:

Here are some facts for you.!!

Doncaster 48%   Leeds 52%
Attempts  3     6
Attemps off  5    7
Corners 5    7

And here are more facts.
We outplayed you in your own back yard,especially in the second half. I remember the days when you outplayed us in league one. Hmm different now isn't it!!!!

Now here is a bit of fiction for you.
(Doncaster official site. SHARP'S GOAL BELIEF) Believes he can score in EVERY game.!!

Missed a sitter and still hasn't scored from open play. Davide Somma was far the better player who gave your defenders a torrid time. Max Gradel also had your defender in his pocket.

You look an average team.!!

FACT!!!! :lol:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on September 18, 2010, 10:14:58 am by Filo »
blakey wrote:
Boomstick wrote:
PDX_Rover wrote:

Attempts  3     6
Attemps off  5    7
Corners 5    7

And here are more facts.
We outplayed you in your own back yard,especially in the second half. I remember the days when you outplayed us in league one. Hmm different now isn't it!!!!

(Doncaster official site. SHARP'S GOAL BELIEF) Believes he can score in EVERY game.!!

Missed a sitter and still hasn't scored from open play. Davide Somma was far the better player who gave your defenders a torrid time. Max Gradel also had your defender in his pocket.

We were that average, you could n`t score against us, yes we were below par, but if that was your best performance of the season, I would be very worried if I were you!

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on September 18, 2010, 10:17:49 am by mutleyrover »
You missed off the only fact which matters Blakey

Doncaster 0 - 0 Weeds (Both teams even)

Oh, have a look at the league tables.  These show the best teams at the top, worst at the bottom.  Sure you know how they work.

Now f**k off back to your own forum until we have the pleasure of visiting that dump of a ground still stuck in the 1970s.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on September 18, 2010, 10:18:16 am by RobTheRover »
OPINION, actually.

I watched a game where you brought a containing game, and we didnt really click.  Nett result, a fairly watchable 0-0, but not a classic.

At least my pre-conceived prejudices that Bradley Johnson and Neil Kilkenny are horrible little shits was upheld.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on September 18, 2010, 10:24:59 am by Filo »
blakey wrote:
Davide Somma was far the better player who gave your defenders a torrid time.

Yeah, he gave them that much of a torrid time, tell us how many he scored  :laugh:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on September 18, 2010, 10:34:22 am by BillyStubbsTears »
It's taken us 7 years but we've finally got to the point where we can use that classic condescending put down line to a plucky little new promotee.

\" Yeah, Leeds played ok but only because that was our poorest performance of the season.\"

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on September 18, 2010, 10:40:15 am by Filo »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
It's taken us 7 years but we've finally got to the point where we can use that classic condescending put down line to a plucky little new promotee.

\" Yeah, Leeds played ok but only because that was our poorest performance of the season.\"

New promotee`s always raise their game against the established teams  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on September 18, 2010, 10:50:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Filo wrote:
BillyStubbsTears wrote:

New promotee`s always raise their game against the established teams  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Local derby against a team that has been better than them for years, spanked them at Wembley and has the critics drooling over their sumptuous football? Of COURSE they are going to raise their game. It was their Cup Final.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on September 18, 2010, 10:59:56 am by Boomstick »
blakey wrote:
Boomstick wrote:
PDX_Rover wrote:

Attempts  3     6
Attemps off  5    7
Corners 5    7

And here are more facts.

So we played shit, and you played your performance of the season. Result = 0-0, sounds about right.

edwingray

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on September 18, 2010, 12:05:22 pm by edwingray »
Morning gents,

watched yesterday's game on the net and have to say the result was fair, both teams played well and were pretty even. Maybe Leeds had a couple of chances more, but not enough to say we dominated you.

Was very impressed with some of the football that Donny played, as I was with some of Leeds' attacking play. Was good to see two teams at least try to play football for most of the match.

Before the season started I had this one down as a comfortable home win, however, after the Barnsley debacle, I thought you might suffer the backlash. Still, perfectly happy to come away with the point.

As much as I'd like Donny to do well, I still reckon come the end of the season, we'll finish above you, but if it'S us first and you second then that would be ideal.

As for John Ryan, I know he says some strange things at times, but the article is fair enough, though in these globalised days, automatically supporting your local team doesn't really count anymore.

Still, at least you have a chairman who can say that he saved your club.

blakey

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on September 18, 2010, 12:12:36 pm by blakey »
Filo wrote:
blakey wrote:
Boomstick wrote:
PDX_Rover wrote:

Attempts  3     6
Attemps off  5    7
Corners 5    7

And here are more facts.

We were that average, you could n`t score against us, yes we were below par, but if that was your best performance of the season, I would be very worried if I were you!

0-0 yes but we will take the 1 point away from home thankyou, you dropped 2 points at home.
Leeds played average but a lot better than our last game Vs Barnsley. You didn't click cos we didn't let you click the same as we didn't let Forest click after they dominated posession after the first 15 minutes. Sign of winners!!
I doubt you will get anything at Elland Road. Apart from the opening day we have been impressive. We humiliated you yesterday so im definately looking forward to your visit.!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012