Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:45:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 400 up on Saturday  (Read 2197 times)

RedRover45

• Forum Member
400 up on Saturday
« on September 24, 2010, 12:25:48 am by RedRover45 »
Hangs head in shame but Im missing the expensive trip to Loftus Road on Saturday, to partake the more serene surroundings of the Globe Arena, Morecambe. Finally reached ground number 400 visited. Anyone else, apart from Rigo, done a decent amount ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NigelJ

• VSC Member
Re:400 up on Saturday
« Reply #1 on September 24, 2010, 12:45:05 am by NigelJ »
If Rovers aren't playing there, it doesn't count.  :P
Amazingly, although I had previously been to several grounds as a neutral, most of these I've now done following the Rovers (eg Wembley, Derby, Birmingham, Forest). Of all the grounds I've been to, and are still in use, only Old Trafford and Anfield remain for me to count them 'properly'

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 24, 2010, 09:51:01 am by Redandwhitewhizards »
What do you define as decent?

I have done most of the 92, and over 100 grounds in total if you count non league and national stadiums. I have done most whilst watching the Rovers - I much prefer watching the Rovers than random teams just so I can say I have been to their ground...

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 24, 2010, 01:13:22 pm by wilts rover »
I shall be making the expensive (but for me somewhat shorter) trip to Loftus Road on Saturday. However I shall be missing the Forest game as that weekend I will be in Naples and hope to see SSC Napoli V AS Roma at the Stadio San Paulo which will be a new one for me. Seen quite a few non league grounds when I lived down south but I am well short of your total, around 200 I should think. I would guess it is about 120 with Rovers.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 24, 2010, 04:06:13 pm by RedRover45 »
Redandwhitewhizards wrote:

I have done most of the 92, and over 100 grounds in total if you count non league and national stadiums. I have done most whilst watching the Rovers - I much prefer watching the Rovers than random teams just so I can say I have been to their ground...

So do I, vast majority of my 'other' grounds are when Rovers aren't playing, but as a one-off thought I'd treat myself to a day in Morecambe  :huh:

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 24, 2010, 04:07:08 pm by RedRover45 »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I think I'm somewhere near the 175 mark. Still not pleased with myself on that though, as I've only done two Scottish grounds and about half of the non-league grounds that I want to do. The only thing that narks me off with non-league football is that in the last few seasons quite a few clubs have either dropped like flies and fallen way down the pyramid, gone bust, or have been evicted from their home. Bromsgrove, Merthyr, Hendon, Runcorn, Leigh RMI, Scarborough, Farsley, Slough and Aylesbury are just a few examples I can think of from the top of my head.

Next up for me will either be St Mirren or a Unibond League ground tomorrow, as I've managed to get free entry to all Unibond League games for the rest of this season.

Marvellous Rigo, can I borrow it when you're not using it  :woohoo:

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 24, 2010, 09:40:25 pm by Padge_DRFC »
being a ref on the counties east and west unibond and conference north and following rovers since i was 5 probably around 200 grounds

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 24, 2010, 10:03:55 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
RedRover45 wrote:
Redandwhitewhizards wrote:

So do I, vast majority of my 'other' grounds are when Rovers aren't playing, but as a one-off thought I'd treat myself to a day in Morecambe  :huh:

Living the high life  :laugh:

Are you going in the seating section? You'll have to report back if it is as bad as it looks from the pictures.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 25, 2010, 12:05:45 am by tommy toes »
Tomorrow will be my 101st ground. All of them were Rovers games.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012