Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:13:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Strange starting team  (Read 2755 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
Strange starting team
« on September 28, 2010, 07:47:12 pm by deebee »
Sully JOC Locky Martis Friend Copps Woods Hird Shiels Oster Sharp.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ljm-drfc

• Forum Member
Re:Strange starting team
« Reply #1 on September 28, 2010, 07:55:16 pm by ljm-drfc »
Has SOD lost the plot! martis and lockwood in the same team, dropping gillett and muz ! no wonder were losing

I-was-there1976

« Reply #2 on September 28, 2010, 08:02:55 pm by I-was-there1976 »
could be worse

Its £27 to get in plus travel and parking costs

Ive just spent that on a fab Turkish meal and a bottle of wine. Yummy

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 28, 2010, 08:10:35 pm by Superspy »
ljm-drfc wrote:
Has SOD lost the plot! martis and lockwood in the same team, dropping gillett and muz ! no wonder were losing

yes we dropped a bollock, but perhaps if you had listened to SODs pre-match interview you'd understand why he's selected the team he has?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 28, 2010, 08:14:25 pm by Muttley »
Superspy wrote:
ljm-drfc wrote:

yes we dropped a bollock, but perhaps if you had listened to SODs pre-match interview you'd understand why he's selected the team he has?

For those of us that didn't hear it, care to enlighten us?

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 28, 2010, 08:16:07 pm by Superspy »
\"coventry have 5 or 6 players in their team who are 6 foot plus. our scouts have said they are going to be getting balls into the box over the top as fast as possible, so we made need to play 3 tall guys at the back to deal with the height issues\"

or words to that effect.

exactly the same thing he did at sheff utd 2 years ago.

obviously unfortunately this time its f***ed us.....at the minute, lol

DavTrav

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 28, 2010, 08:18:12 pm by DavTrav »
Stock's back cannot be that bad surely ... it just doesn't add up to me why our best player is repeatedly left on the bench - something to do with the contract situation??!

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 28, 2010, 08:20:36 pm by Superspy »
it could simply be that sod thinks out midfield has been playing well enough to justify him not being on the pitch. or he could be worried about the big coventry lads knocking him around, who knows.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 28, 2010, 10:07:04 pm by donnygreenjeans »
Losing the plot by dropping two players are only 5ft 7 and 5ft 6 and bringing in two players who are taller than Gillett and Mustapha to deal with the aerial threat of coventry? Then no he's not lost the plot at all.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 28, 2010, 10:12:29 pm by hoolahoop »
donnygreenjeans wrote:
Losing the plot by dropping two players are only 5ft 7 and 5ft 6 and bringing in two players who are taller than Gillett and Mustapha to deal with the aerial threat of coventry? Then no he's not lost the plot at all.

Of course he's not lost the plot but probably the game with the Oster substitution.
What was he thinking would happen , was he settling for 1pt. when 3pts. should have been in the bag!

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 28, 2010, 10:20:17 pm by donnyproletarian »
Should have gone for broke and brought Hayter on instead of Wilson.Chances are he would not have missed the sitter.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 28, 2010, 10:20:23 pm by RoversAlias »
Oster no doubt wasn't up to 90 minutes (how many games has he completed since his comeback?) and our only midfield sub options were 3 defensive midfielders. I don't get why he's suddenly decided Shiels needs to come in. Nothing against him personally but all of the battling holding midfielders were left out tonight-Stock, Willo and Gillett-and we had a 4-man midfield of flair players.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 28, 2010, 10:23:45 pm by hoolahoop »
Perhaps Willo should have been on at the start then ?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 28, 2010, 10:49:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Nothing against him personally but all of the battling holding midfielders were left out tonight-Stock, Willo and Gillett-and we had a 4-man midfield of flair players.

Did we lose the midfield battle ?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 28, 2010, 11:09:29 pm by hoolahoop »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Nothing against him personally but all of the battling holding midfielders were left out tonight-Stock, Willo and Gillett-and we had a 4-man midfield of flair players.

Did we lose the midfield battle ?

Going off the stats i.e. 14 corners, 12 'on target' shots I would doubt it.

VikingJames

« Reply #15 on September 29, 2010, 01:29:03 am by VikingJames »
We missed a Stock/Gillett tonight.

Woods had a mare. Shiels and Copps were quiet. Oster did well

I don't think the back three did us much good tonight. It didn't make that much difference defensively, and left us stretched on the break when the wing backs went bombing forward - that cost us 2 points, as that is how they got the winner.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 29, 2010, 07:24:49 am by DonnyNoel »
hoolahoop wrote:
donnygreenjeans wrote:

Of course he's not lost the plot but probably the game with the Oster substitution.
What was he thinking would happen , was he settling for 1pt. when 3pts. should have been in the bag!

Not really - the goal came down our left seconds after the substitution. I doubt Oster, Wilson or Makele would have been in a position to stop it.

As for pts being in the bag, yes they definitely should have been so I guess despite the dodgy start credit actually goes to SOD for going away from home with a system that countered their long ball threat and also gave us 6 or 7 serious (and I really mean f**king serious) chances. That the players didn't put them away (Copps, Woods, Friend and Wilson all should have scored) isn't something he can be held totally accountable for, although I accept theres a debate in there for having 2 strikers on the pitch.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012