Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:43:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pompey  (Read 6204 times)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
Pompey
« on October 22, 2010, 06:42:43 pm by The L J Monk »
Looks like they are in huge trouble now.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Sacha-Gaydamak-Puts-Future-Of-Portsmouth-In-Jeopardy-1522.aspx

What happens to the points teams accrued from them if Pompey go bust and can't complete their fixtures?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
Re:Pompey
« Reply #1 on October 22, 2010, 06:43:59 pm by watto-drfc »
points gained by other clubs against them will be deducted

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 22, 2010, 06:46:56 pm by idler »
I wouldn't want them to go under but you look at players like Nugent and Gray and wonder how they can afford them when us and other clubs like us  can't.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 22, 2010, 06:48:54 pm by MrFrost »
What chance of fans getting their ticket money back for our away game there.......

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 22, 2010, 06:59:35 pm by idler »
Don't know, was gonna buy mine tomorrow :)

I-was-there1976

« Reply #5 on October 22, 2010, 07:01:41 pm by I-was-there1976 »
their website wont load

it could be all over

I bet the players are gutted (for about 3 seconds)

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 22, 2010, 07:08:02 pm by Savvy »

If it does happen, Dr Suess will be spewing on his green eggs and ham! The annoying fecker!!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 22, 2010, 08:05:39 pm by not on facebook »
iam getting sick to back teeth of reading/hearing about pompey this
portsmouth that followed by the addministration word.

you have to feal for their fans fans for sure but for the sakes of football
and the rest of the 91 league clubs the sooner portsmouth fc close down
the better.

if the above should happen i pray to god that the football league/fa/fifa/uefa
and whoever elses start to talk to each other and shake football by its neck.

the rooney events of late have brought everyman and his dog to the attention
that there is underlying problems within the structure of football today.

whats that saying 'you have to be crule to be kind'

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 22, 2010, 08:26:39 pm by not on facebook »
thnak f**k for that as i was thinking iam on me own on this one

MartinB

« Reply #9 on October 22, 2010, 08:44:02 pm by MartinB »
No not on your own.

FCUK Pompey! Skint teams should make all players redundant! just like real companies do!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 22, 2010, 08:48:48 pm by donnievic »
Thet could at least wait a month til after we play them,i have already ready got train tickets

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 22, 2010, 08:56:33 pm by hoolahoop »
MartinB wrote:
No not on your own.

FCUK Pompey! Skint teams should make all players redundant! just like real companies do!

I'm with you all too, good riddance especially after they have brought player after player in a la Cardiff..........FECK OFF.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 22, 2010, 09:18:23 pm by BobG »
I've just read that article on the Pompey site. It was written by an educated man doing his level best to contain his anger - but not always succeeding :) But, two points spring to mind after reading it:

1) So much, once more, for the 'fit and proper persons' test. The FA and the FL should be utterly ashamed of themselves.
2) How would you feel if it was Rovers in that position? We have been, before now. We will be, again, one day. It's all very well to say they should close as they are clearly living beyond their means, but at any individual point in time there are well run clubs, badly run clubs and disastrously run clubs. and the clubs move between categories with frightening rapidity. So wish them ill, but spare a thought for the day when JR leaves.

BobG

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 22, 2010, 09:48:10 pm by not on facebook »
the sole reason why i wish pompey go to the wall is so the powers of FL and FA,
wake up smell the coffee and start to do something productive about the whole state of
football finds it sen in today.

its going to take a big club going to the wall for rest of football to loose its
'iam allrite jack' attitude i like to think.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 22, 2010, 09:58:53 pm by BobG »
It's a laudable idea Oslo. I share it - sometimes. But it means the death of someone elses' club. Not only does that hurt, a lot, but it could easily, very easily, be us next. There's more than a few 'I'm alright Jack' types on here. What would they be saying then?

So I don't know which way to lean to be honest. Something, surely, has to change? But the cost is tragically high - even if the FA and FL actually do do something useful as a result - which I am definitely not banking on. Ostriches. That's all they are. Ostriches. The evidence goes back 20 years and more now.

BobG

PS I wouldn't want to be Gayedemak for all the tea in China :) Someone will catch up with him sooner or later. That's a cast iron certainty.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 22, 2010, 10:02:32 pm by Nudga »
It baffles me how these Kitsons pass the \"fit and proper persons test\". It shouldn't be allowed that anyone can buy a football club through bank loans. If they haven't got cold hard cash to buy, then f**k em off. Simples.

Oh, and lets have a bloody wage cap while we're at it.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 22, 2010, 10:08:47 pm by Pintolager »
I'd be very surprised if Portsmouth did go out of business as I think that something will be settled at the last minute. There is too much at stake here for everyone to miss out. It's clubs such as Chester, Maidstone and Aldershot that suffer because they are only \"small clubs\".

MartinB

« Reply #17 on October 22, 2010, 10:42:20 pm by MartinB »
f*ck Rooney (for a grand a time)
f*ck the FA
f*ck Sven Goran Eriksson
f*ck stupid ticket prices
f*ck Sky Sports
f*ck overpaid footballers
f*ck pompey
f*ck Crystal f*cking Palace (Edgar Davids 6 months after being in admin!)
f*ck Rotherham (just because)
f*ck Sheff Weds & Leeds (pay your tax!)
f*ck football in general

Football the working mans ballet?

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 22, 2010, 11:31:46 pm by BigH »
Hmmm.

There's a bit of a theme here. Liverpool, Pompey, United...

The so called football funding model is disntegrating before our eyes. All we need is for Abramovich and the Sheikh to wander off into te sunset and we've got a derelict Premiership.

Fact: if you pay 90% of your income in salaries you are bust. I can feel a Sepp Blatter edict coming on.

Fact is that there have been any number of accidents waiting to happen for years. Thank God our directors are sober(ish).

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 23, 2010, 12:59:45 am by CusworthRovers »
There's another link in all this

Redknapp......W Ham, Pompey, only a matter of time before Spurs implode. Although one cannot blame him entirely, if Chairmen keep giving him cases of cash for players, then he'll gladly spend it on players that they realistically cannot afford and maybe a few pennies for himself (allegedly)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 23, 2010, 06:50:50 am by Donnywolf »
... and dare I add Southampton to that list ?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 23, 2010, 07:38:59 am by Donnywolf »
donnievic wrote:
Thet could at least wait a month til after we play them,i have already ready got train tickets

I have a Hotel booked which is non returnable and was just thinking right up to yesterday of flying down for the game \"just for the hell of it\" Luckily did not buy the tickets

That may be a financial loss to me and a lucky escape with the flights but I would STILL sooner be in my shoes that that of the Pompey faithful

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 23, 2010, 07:51:35 am by RobTheRover »
I cant believe the views of those revelling in Portsmouth's demise.  What about \"Fans United\", what of the spirit of defiance we shared with Brighton fans in 96/7?  Football clubs are the centre of many people's worlds, an escape from the drudgery of real life for a couple of hours.

I cannot find a single molecule of my being that would celebrate a club being no more.  Chester was an exception, as the majority of fans wanted it to be wound-up to remove the head of the Hydra.  But this is way different.

Things clearly cannot go on as they are in football, and a full root and branch review of how clubs get into such a state needs to happen.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 23, 2010, 08:21:40 am by Donnywolf »
I'm with you on that all the way

Probably some people on here are too young to rememeber the \"Coffin carrying\" days when OUR CLUB was facing such extinction

And do they remember tears and flower laying v Colchester which could have been our last League game EVER/ \"All\" we were doing was being relegated from the League and there was real grief - but did not mean we did not have a Team. At least we were still going so along with you I hope Pompey survive as do any other Club(s) that will inevitably find themselves in the same boat

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 23, 2010, 09:22:36 am by not on facebook »
for the sake of football it will take for a club of portsmouth standing to go to the wall or another club of same likes,before heads start to come out of the sand.

this must be the 4th time we find pompey in this situation,and they have allways
found a way round the expectations of running a FC.they dont go from season to season
as they go from month to month,its not good
if your family pet was suffering this much you would have put the pet down.

either close up the shop at pompey, or put in very tight controls and guidence
from today on how the club should be going about its day to day running.

the powers that be just let whoever take over the running of the ship at fratton
park and let them get on with it with out no close controll what so ever.

if pompey get out of this mess who would bet against them not been in threat of addministration a couple of months down the line.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 23, 2010, 09:30:45 am by RobTheRover »
You might well be right about that Oslo, which is why the review needs to happen.  And its not just about administration...

It should consider:

The fit and proper person test - how do so many wrong 'uns not get weeded out?

Leveraged buyouts - How can, for example, the Glazers buy Man Utd and transfer the price they paid to be a debt of the club?  Thats just wrong.

Player power - Mr Bosman has got a lot to answer for.  I'm not saying the situation we had before was ideal either, just that there needs to be a middle ground found.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 23, 2010, 09:50:51 am by jucyberry »
I feel desperately sorry for them tbh..

I cannot understand how people can be so gleeful about something as sad as this.

think of it like this, many on here have wittled on for months about the cost of season tickets, we can't afford them ect.. Yet most have gone with out and struggled to find that money... it will be no different for their fans, people will have laid out precious cash they can ill afford to lose only to look at the fact that now they have a book of nothing that is usless.

Then you get the thought that they love their team just as passionately as the most fervent Rovers supporter, they must be totally gutted.

I have no idea how many people will be losing their jobs if pompy folds, but poor bas**rds spare them a thought too.

Triblaisim is all well and fine, but at the end of the day, as has already been pointed out, who knows when we will be just a JR away from a similar smoking gun?

Rovers supporters wil be made up of two camps, those who can remember the coffin days, (and even I can remember seeing that on tv) and those either too young or too new to know it.

For those who can remember a little empathy would be nice, and for those who don't, thank god and pray no one ever has to write about Donny Rovers like that ever again.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 23, 2010, 10:01:06 am by Barmby Rover »
It would be easier to be sympathetic if they hadn't just carried on being ridiculous with money they don't have THIS season as well and trying to gain unfair advantage through it. A real Premiership attitude, go down, but go down cheating! I have no doubt they will not fold, it is another ploy being used in their negatiations with somebody they owe money to, trying to get out of paying anything back by using the ire of their fans. Either way you really struggle to support them in the same way as we would a Chester, Brighton, Wrexham etc etc.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 23, 2010, 10:16:21 am by The Red Baron »
RobTheRover wrote:

Player power - Mr Bosman has got a lot to answer for.  I'm not saying the situation we had before was ideal either, just that there needs to be a middle ground found.

In the midst of his rant about Rooney, Ian Holloway said something very sensible about Bosman. It was that the system we had in this country at the time would not have allowed the Bosman case. Namely that a player offered less money than he was on would have been allowed to move on a free. The Bosman case tore that principle up and replaced it with a kind of anarchy.

I don't blame Bosman so much as the governing bodies- FIFA and UEFA- and the European Commission that could between them have adopted the English system as a reasonable compromise. In addition, between them they managed to get that agents' bonanza the Transfer Window brought in at the same time.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 23, 2010, 10:19:32 am by The Red Baron »
Barmby Rover wrote:
It would be easier to be sympathetic if they hadn't just carried on being ridiculous with money they don't have THIS season as well and trying to gain unfair advantage through it. A real Premiership attitude, go down, but go down cheating! I have no doubt they will not fold, it is another ploy being used in their negatiations with somebody they owe money to, trying to get out of paying anything back by using the ire of their fans. Either way you really struggle to support them in the same way as we would a Chester, Brighton, Wrexham etc etc.

I heard one of the administrators on the radio this morning. There seems to be a lot of brinkmanship involved and I personally doubt they'll fold.

I agree with you though- I'd have more sympathy for their plight if they'd signed free transfers rather than Premier League players on Premier League wages- the likes of Lawrence and Kitson- when their transfer embargo was lifted.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012