Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:54:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 10 quid to watch rovers at Leicester or not???  (Read 18758 times)

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
Re:10 quid to watch rovers at Leicester or not???
« Reply #90 on December 08, 2010, 11:19:17 am by Rovers Return »
CusworthRovers wrote:
I'm really struggling here boys. I'm going stir crazy. The postponed Barnsley game has merely served to make my feelings 10 fold worse......I'm still without tickets on a massive principle and moral journey by me. I'm weak boys, I think...I think....I think I'm going to buy some tickets..........arrrrgghhh

Me too but I will wait until the last minute.......just in case

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on December 08, 2010, 11:31:48 am by MrFrost »
5 of us have tickets in the home end. Should be fun!.
We've sold 570 according to the KMS site, although that was updated last week.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on December 08, 2010, 11:34:51 am by hoolahoop »
CusworthRovers wrote:
I'm really struggling here boys. I'm going stir crazy. The postponed Barnsley game has merely served to make my feelings 10 fold worse......I'm still without tickets on a massive principle and moral journey by me. I'm weak boys, I think...I think....I think I'm going to buy some tickets..........arrrrgghhh

I know how you are feeling Cussie , that's one of the reasons I'm going. Come on join our merry band of warriors, morals or a lack of watching the Rovers ? It's a hard decision and I'm sure you will come to the wrong decision for the right reasons........see you there.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on December 08, 2010, 12:15:30 pm by rover-n-out »
Rang the T/O at 12-05pm today and was topld we have over 300 tickets left. Can't make my mind up whether or not to pay £22-00 (Senior) ticket price, or think \"knackers to it, I'm not being taken advantage of if they can't offer me a reduced rate as their supporters are\". Will see what develops nearer the time.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on December 08, 2010, 02:48:07 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I'm not going on principle although it's killing me to do so.

Rover's Player will be loud and proud in my home Saturday unless they change their policy.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on December 09, 2010, 10:28:23 am by silent majority »
For all those who will be paying full price on Saturday make sure you keep your tickets. Talks are ongoing with the FL at the moment, but it may take a while.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on December 09, 2010, 10:31:48 am by Filo »
Instead of the FL investigating individual cases they could issue an across the board statement telling all clubs that ripping off away fans will not be tolerated, and the punishments will be financially severe!

Fanatical Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on December 09, 2010, 11:22:40 am by Fanatical Rover »
Hi I sent an email to the Leiceester City Ticke Office asking it to be forward to the Chief Executive Lee Hoos and got the following back

\"Thank you for writing to Leicester City Fanzone.

Whilst I can appreciate your frustration over the pricing for the Doncaster Rovers Fixture, Leicester City consulted with the Football League before making their decision and have followed their rules regarding local promotions.

If you are unhappy with the decision, I would suggest writing to the Customer Services Department at the Football League for further guidance.

We wish you and your club every success for the future\".

Kind Regards,

Tom Bettles

On Behalf of Fanzone

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on December 09, 2010, 11:30:13 am by silent majority »
Filo wrote:
Instead of the FL investigating individual cases they could issue an across the board statement telling all clubs that ripping off away fans will not be tolerated, and the punishments will be financially severe!

If only life was that simple! The problem is Leicester are following FL rules on match day promotions. We are trying to change the rules which are consistent with their policy. The rules are being adhered to but not our interpretation of the policy. These things are never easy.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on December 09, 2010, 11:46:09 am by Rovers Return »
Fanatical Rover wrote:
Hi I sent an email to the Leiceester City Ticke Office asking it to be forward to the Chief Executive Lee Hoos and got the following back

Whilst I can appreciate your frustration over the pricing for the Doncaster Rovers Fixture, Leicester City consulted with the Football League before making their decision and have followed their rules regarding local promotions.

If you are unhappy with the decision, I would suggest writing to the Customer Services Department at the Football League for further guidance.

Kind Regards,

Tom Bettles

On Behalf of Fanzone

Ditto  :angry:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on December 09, 2010, 11:59:24 am by Filo »
Rovers Return wrote:
Fanatical Rover wrote:

Kind Regards,

Tom Bettles

On Behalf of Fanzone

Ditto  :angry:

Also Ditto! it looks like a bog standard up yours to me!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on December 09, 2010, 12:09:00 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Fao Silent Majority.
 Did you see my earlier post re the new parts of the Equality Acts This   would suggest that the FL policy could be against the law

Equality Act provisions which came into force on 1 October 2010•
The basic framework of protection against direct and indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation in services and public functions; premises; work; education; associations, and transport.
www.equalities.gov.uk/equality_bill.aspx

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on December 09, 2010, 12:15:03 pm by Rovers Return »
Dear Mr Bettles,

Many thanks for your reply although it was disappointing to receive.

I understand that your interpretation of the rules but morally you are incorrect and it is another nail in the coffin of promoting  football in a positive light. You have missed a fantastic opportunity to show your club in a good light and create a real atmosphere with what would have been a large away following. Alas, a lot of our fans have resisted buying tickets until your decision. Most are not going to bother, unlike myself who will be sat in your home end along with a few hundred other Doncaster fans. We are your guests on Saturday but are not being made welcome and are being treated shabbily.  Should your season take an upturn by the time the return fixture comes around I find myself hoping that Doncaster Rovers returns the gesture. The revenue generated by 3,500 Leicester fans will certainly help to subsidise cheaper home tickets.

Regards,

Just replied. I find myself wanting the Rovers to return the gesture. :angry:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on December 09, 2010, 12:25:14 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Could somebody be watching this thread as people suddenly seem to be getting standard bullsh1t letters

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on December 09, 2010, 07:29:30 pm by silent majority »
Dagenham.Rover wrote:
Could somebody be watching this thread as people suddenly seem to be getting standard bullsh1t letters

People are suddenly getting bullshit letters because we have complained to Leicester and the FL that the Leicester City Charter states all correspondence will be acknowledged within 48 hours, we pointed out that this wasn't happening.

I also noted your comment earlier about the Equalities act. Unfortunately this kind of thing goes to court and sooner or later costs a great deal of money in legal fees. That creates a problem, we are essentially a volunteer organisation without the necessary funds to sponsor every annoyance that comes our way, we have to pick and choose. We do have a good legal team and they will provide us with a lot of free advice but if you want to take on the establishment, i.e. the Police, you have to have deep pockets or good sponsors.

This one is much easier to deal with directly with Leicester and the FL because we can be successful without seeking legal redress.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on December 09, 2010, 07:31:00 pm by silent majority »
Rovers Return wrote:
Dear Mr Bettles,

Many thanks for your reply although it was disappointing to receive.

I understand that your interpretation of the rules but morally you are incorrect and it is another nail in the coffin of promoting  football in a positive light. You have missed a fantastic opportunity to show your club in a good light and create a real atmosphere with what would have been a large away following. Alas, a lot of our fans have resisted buying tickets until your decision. Most are not going to bother, unlike myself who will be sat in your home end along with a few hundred other Doncaster fans. We are your guests on Saturday but are not being made welcome and are being treated shabbily.  Should your season take an upturn by the time the return fixture comes around I find myself hoping that Doncaster Rovers returns the gesture. The revenue generated by 3,500 Leicester fans will certainly help to subsidise cheaper home tickets.

Regards,

Anthony O’Hara

Just replied. I find myself wanting the Rovers to return the gesture. :angry:

So when we get questioned on Saturday as we enter the home end I know who to blame!  ;)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on December 09, 2010, 07:52:46 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Point taken SM, I do understand but it could just be worthwhile gently pointing out to them that whilst we are all trying to work together there is the possibillity that some of the policys could be illegal.
You never know they might look at it themselves first  ;)

more than one way to skin the proverbial cat etc

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on December 09, 2010, 08:39:29 pm by CusworthRovers »
I got the same bog standard reply also...........I noticed Ryan made reference to it in the DFP and that he would offer cheap prices to Leicester, if the scenario is reversed. In a clever sort of way, I really hope we are in a position to do this and make them look even more like shit.

By the way, I have wilted and tickets are now in my possession. I'm in self flagellation mode until Saturday.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on December 09, 2010, 09:29:58 pm by Superspy »
CusworthRovers wrote:
I got the same bog standard reply also...........I noticed Ryan made reference to it in the DFP and that he would offer cheap prices to Leicester, if the scenario is reversed. In a clever sort of way, I really hope we are in a position to do this and make them look even more like shit.

By the way, I have wilted and tickets are now in my possession. I'm in self flagellation mode until Saturday.

i haven't and i still wont be going, hopefully the live stream from the other thread will work and i'll be happily watching it on my tv without lining LCFCs robbing pockets.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on December 09, 2010, 09:40:22 pm by CusworthRovers »
I wish I had your b*llocks mate. Sadly, the recent lack of DRFC has really done my craving no good at all. I've been on cold turkey man. I tell you what, I'll hide behind my hands and not look.

Actually, the fact that it's on the t'internet would have made it a better self argument, however I'd bought the chuffs yesterday.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on December 09, 2010, 11:13:08 pm by Superspy »
CusworthRovers wrote:
I wish I had your b*llocks mate. Sadly, the recent lack of DRFC has really done my craving no good at all. I've been on cold turkey man. I tell you what, I'll hide behind my hands and not look.

Actually, the fact that it's on the t'internet would have made it a better self argument, however I'd bought the chuffs yesterday.

oh believe me, i've missed it like hell too, im just picking and choosing my away games this year as me and the significant other are saving for a house, but if they had reduced the tickets to a tenner i would have gone, oh well, their loss.

MK32

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on December 10, 2010, 09:08:25 am by MK32 »
Hi all,

I've been watching this one closely as my girlfriend is from the Leicester area and so this was one of the first fixtures that we looked out for. The full priced tickets have been bought for the away end whilst we have a couple of her friends paying the reduced prices in the home end. From a positive point of view, they are disgusted that we are getting ripped off and have sent an e-mail to the football club pointing out the damage that they feel that this is causing to the image of \"their\" club. I'm expecting the same bog standard reply to their comments but will post anything that they pass my way for information.

Has anybody thought of some kind of subtle demonstration that the press could pick up on and point out the differences?

See you there!!

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on December 10, 2010, 10:45:38 am by weststander »
MK32 wrote:
Hi all,

I've been watching this one closely as my girlfriend is from the Leicester area and so this was one of the first fixtures that we looked out for. The full priced tickets have been bought for the away end whilst we have a couple of her friends paying the reduced prices in the home end. From a positive point of view, they are disgusted that we are getting ripped off and have sent an e-mail to the football club pointing out the damage that they feel that this is causing to the image of \"their\" club. I'm expecting the same bog standard reply to their comments but will post anything that they pass my way for information.

Has anybody thought of some kind of subtle demonstration that the press could pick up on and point out the differences?See you there!!

How about a banner and/or chant \"Rip Off Leicester\"

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on December 10, 2010, 11:14:07 am by VivaRovers »
I've whacked this article up on Viva Rovers and its currently picking up a few views.

As for a chant for the day, to the tune of the Johnstones Paint Trophy one...

\"For sixteen quid more
For sixteen quid mor-or-ore
Same game that you're at
For sixteen quid more\"

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on December 10, 2010, 03:42:18 pm by hoolahoop »
silent_majority wrote:
Dagenham.Rover wrote:
I realise you are saying football league policies are being contravened and thats whats being worked on, but also the law of the land is surely being contravened

No, the FL policy goes further than the law of the land.

SM surely you can't be serious ? :unsure:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on December 10, 2010, 03:59:11 pm by hoolahoop »
VivaRovers wrote:
I've whacked this article up on Viva Rovers and its currently picking up a few views.

\"For sixteen quid more
Same game that you're at
For sixteen quid more\"

Congratulations as ever a superb editorial fella.  :cheer:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on December 10, 2010, 04:01:55 pm by Filo »
CusworthRovers wrote:
I wish I had your b*llocks mate.

Are you missing your own since you had the operation like? ;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on December 10, 2010, 04:15:06 pm by hoolahoop »
OmnipresentSam

* Ian Marshall

* Supported City Since:Since I was born.

Posted Yesterday, 07:29 PM

View PostJCWfox, on 09 December 2010 - 06:57 PM, said:
The official Website reports that we have sold 3,000 discounted tickets, however with the prices being cheap, I would expect more to be sold tomorrow.
Anybody have any ideas what the attendance will be?

Students at De Montfort can get tickets for £6. Although not brilliantly advertised, I can imagine that bringing a few more people in..

Taken from the Foxes site.........it gets worse by the minute, now a £20 price hike!

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on December 10, 2010, 04:47:57 pm by Rovers Return »
4 of us less than £20.00 B)  :(  :angry:  :woohoo:  :angry:

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on December 10, 2010, 04:58:14 pm by weststander »
VivaRovers wrote:

\"For sixteen quid more
Same game that you're at
For sixteen quid more\"
[/b]

or simply to tune of \"Come on Rovers\".......\"Rip off Leicester\"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012