Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 08:32:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Andy Warrington  (Read 6285 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re:Andy Warrington
« Reply #30 on November 27, 2010, 01:58:43 am by BobG »
Agreed. You win :):) He was an ace goalkeeper!

Sleep tight

Bob

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 27, 2010, 02:04:52 am by Viking Don »
You know I want your babies. I'll cheer 'em up you misery.  B)

Tell your mate to just threaten to send you round to sort 'em out. That'll do it. All the best mate.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 27, 2010, 02:18:44 am by BobG »
:):)

I'll tell him I'm sending you round. Scare him to bloody death!

Sitting here wondering which Bank to rob......

Bob

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 27, 2010, 04:03:12 am by Viking Don »
BobG wrote:
:):)

I'll tell him I'm sending you round. Scare him to bloody death!

Sitting here wondering which Bank to rob......

Bob

BARCLAYS.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 27, 2010, 07:33:13 am by Nudga »
IMO Andy Warrington is a legend in as much the same way as Paul Barnes and Sir Francis Tierney are. Yes, his strength wasn't in dealing with crosses but it wasn't like he let in bucket loads. He was brave, very brave, just ask his jaw and his leg. He was a magnificent shot stopper, brilliant reflexes and he organised very well. He also had a brilliant rapport with the fans, hence his own song was usually sung the loudest. He was/is also a genuine all round nice bloke. I'm also with BST on the Chester game, that was definatly a Gordon Banks/Pele moment. In terms of what Rovers goalkeepers have achieved, Andy Warrington should be at number two, one behind Neil Sullivan.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 27, 2010, 08:06:43 am by jmt »
Number three for me, sully in fist place with Paul critchton 2nd just for his three penalty saves in a row, he even got a trophy from saints and greavsie, quality.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 27, 2010, 08:11:21 am by philsky »
Andy Warrington was a part of the group of guys who moved the club huge distances and in a relatively short time.

I bet he looks back and reflects on a wonderful period in Rovers' history and primarily that he was involved.

He must have been with us a good 6 or 7 years and I guess the league title, against all the odd, is surely his proudest moment.

That period for me was great fun and involved players who earned bugger all money and found that magic dust for a while.

Yes, the Dave Cameron save and the following penalty save were up there with Sir Francis for importance

RTID

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 27, 2010, 09:17:33 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Is that Dave Cameron save on youtube? I couldn't find it. It needs uploading as an important piece of Rovers' history.

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 27, 2010, 11:03:49 am by Ian H »
Probably not - but as folklore goes there must have been about 3000 of us at the Deva by now.

Andy Warrington -  .... doesn't matter about his shot stopping or his crosses, whether he was better or worse than Sulli or Dennis ...... \" Legend\"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012