Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:04:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Palace v. Donny  (Read 14836 times)

I-was-there1976

Re:Palace v. Donny
« Reply #60 on November 27, 2010, 04:58:47 pm by I-was-there1976 »
does anyone know how many corners we had ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VikingJames

« Reply #61 on November 27, 2010, 04:59:10 pm by VikingJames »
Poor result that. Very disappointing.

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on November 27, 2010, 05:02:08 pm by CottyRover »
I-was-there1976 wrote:

Could have been 15?  :)

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on November 27, 2010, 05:02:34 pm by nice one rovers »
We can take some consolation from the Palace player comentary  team  saying that it's their biggest  win against the biggest team they have played so far it this Championship season, and that Doncaster played supreme football!

I-was-there1976

« Reply #64 on November 27, 2010, 05:03:50 pm by I-was-there1976 »
CottyRover wrote:
I-was-there1976 wrote:

Could have been 15?  :)

Ive just checked the table and we are top of league on corners and only playng 80 minutes. Get the f**k in there  :silly:

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on November 27, 2010, 05:51:08 pm by mushRTID »
nice one rovers wrote:
We can take some consolation from the Palace player comentary  team  saying that it's their biggest  win against the biggest team they have played so far it this Championship season, and that Doncaster played supreme football!

Brilliant.

How many points does that give us?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on November 27, 2010, 06:14:38 pm by RoversAlias »
Win some, lose some. I expected a tough game today and probably not a winning effort. We're still doing really well, we can't bang in the goals every week. Hell we had 6 attacking players on at once near the end today, just not our day I'm afraid.

The boys will be gearing up for the Barnsley game by lunch on Monday I imagine. We're still in a damn good position in this league.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on November 27, 2010, 06:23:29 pm by nice one rovers »
mushRTID wrote:
nice one rovers wrote:

Brilliant.

How many points does that give us?

Mush, cheer up. Our lass says, It's only a game. I'll get my c.......

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on November 27, 2010, 06:40:08 pm by mushRTID »
Yes your right. We were up against the best keeper in the league today.

Lets just batter them six fingered shits instead.

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on November 27, 2010, 06:48:25 pm by gillinghamrover »
http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,19764,11065_3283586,00.html

Lazy feckin SSN journos.Apparently we are now without a win in 4 league matches! Forgot we beat Pompey 3 games ago!

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on November 27, 2010, 07:46:47 pm by DRFCSouth »
Bit disappointed today. Had a lot of possession 1st half and got hit with a sucker punch. We had a few chances before their goal and a hell of a lot of good football played. We didn't come out strongly at the start of the second but finished pretty well. I think this will continue to be the way things go with our results. It was similar at Coventry. We don't look that threatening on corners though, 15 and I can't remember threatening the goal too much with those 15. Their keeper was outstanding, always impressed with him. He made a few great saves, as did Sully. Sully kept us in it at times, as did the post. Don't think we should be too disappointed, we will batter someone at some point the way we play.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on November 27, 2010, 08:49:52 pm by hoolahoop »
DRFCSouth wrote:
Bit disappointed today. Had a lot of possession 1st half and got hit with a sucker punch. We had a few chances before their goal and a hell of a lot of good football played. We didn't come out strongly at the start of the second but finished pretty well. I think this will continue to be the way things go with our results. It was similar at Coventry. We don't look that threatening on corners though, 15 and I can't remember threatening the goal too much with those 15. Their keeper was outstanding, always impressed with him. He made a few great saves, as did Sully. Sully kept us in it at times, as did the post. Don't think we should be too disappointed, we will batter someone at some point the way we play.

15 corners and only 7 (yes 7!)shots on or off target ALL game, have we forgotten to shoot again.  :ohmy:

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on November 27, 2010, 08:58:12 pm by DRFCSouth »
It is sometimes one pass too many. We quite often look like the cleverest team in the league on the ball with the intricate passing but its not always needed. They did get some quality shots off but none close enough to make  you think \"he should have scored there\". Can't complain too much though, they did play some great stuff and I'd rather them get beat 1-0 and play like that than 1-0 and do nothing and play hoof ball. I know that might attract some criticism, some people would say a loss is a loss but its generally entertaining watching us. We just need more of a killer instinct at times.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
Match Report: Palace 1-0 Rovers
« Reply #73 on November 28, 2010, 05:07:50 pm by VivaRovers »
For those who couldn't make it to South London yesterday there's a match report now available here on Viva Rovers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012