Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 05:10:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets hear your snow reports then ?  (Read 27548 times)

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
Re:Lets hear your snow reports then ?
« Reply #60 on December 01, 2010, 11:02:20 am by Dr Fundlekrotch »
Here in Newark its bloody deep.  My staff haven't got away with it, though.  I've been round to pick a few of them up!  The only one I haven't got to lives in the middle of nowhere and was actually complaining that she got 7 or 8 inches last night.  Is it an employment tribunal offence to openly snigger at that sort of thing from your employees?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on December 01, 2010, 11:03:30 am by MrFrost »
Is any more forecast for today BBC seems to think so, but its glorious sunshine and already melting in Kirk Sandall.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on December 01, 2010, 11:14:11 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well as promised I left the car at home this morning and walked to work (round the corner from the Keepmoat) and it was carnage on the roads. I was walking quicker than some cars were moving.

Jack-knifed lorry blocking White Rose way, then got to work only to find the bosses were just about to call everyone to tell them not to bother.

Did my good samaritan bit to help a few drivers back on the road and have returned back to sunny Balby.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on December 01, 2010, 11:16:38 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Pretty here, but brrrrrr.

Frosty, radar suggests more showers will move through during the day.  FWIW none of my office went in and we're working from home (hence me being on the forum), it's turned bad up in Leeds now too, so I'm better off here. My old man got stuck in Sheffield last night so he's stayed over at work.  I don't blame him it was carnage on the M1 last night.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on December 01, 2010, 11:24:45 am by 5minstogo »
Just been to the Co-Op in Scawthorpe for essentials (beer) no milk or bread products anywhere to be seen. I'm sure some folk think they'll never eat again.  Roads not as bad as I thought they would be but no chance I'm driving anywhere today.

Also just started to snow again.

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on December 01, 2010, 11:24:54 am by RoversDave »
MrFrost wrote:
Is any more forecast for today BBC seems to think so, but its glorious sunshine and already melting in Kirk Sandall.

Melting my arse, no sun here and I'm less than half a mile away from KS

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on December 01, 2010, 11:29:38 am by Drover »
It started to melt tentatively about an hour ago here but now the sun's gone and it's started snowing again!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on December 01, 2010, 11:31:41 am by MrFrost »
RoversDave wrote:
MrFrost wrote:

Melting my arse, no sun here and I'm less than half a mile away from KS

You must have your eyes shut then as the sun has been out a good hour now. Just come cloudy again now.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on December 01, 2010, 11:33:52 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
We all know what follows the snow. When this lost melts we're in for the floods. If I lived in Sprotbrough, Toll Bar etc., I'd be planning ahead.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on December 01, 2010, 11:36:14 am by weststander »
Looking at the various pics, the scenes seem consistent with what I see locally (I live 8 miles SE of Lincoln and all the local roads are B roads). Spent 2 hours yesterday clearing the drive of about 4 inches of white stuff which has been replaced with even more overnight. Snowing now and more heavy falls forecast overnight and tomorrow. In short I will a minor miracle if I get off my drive before Saturday.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on December 01, 2010, 11:48:28 am by Filo »
Just spent the last 2 hours digging the car out and clearing the drive, has anyone got any spare oxygen?  :)

AlonzoDrake

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on December 01, 2010, 12:22:25 pm by AlonzoDrake »
Thanks for all these fascinating pictures and snow reports. I've been in New England for almost 25 years, and this is about standard for winters here, Dec through March. However today, not a sign of snow and 15 C (60 F) is forecast for Greater Boston -- which is very unseasonable.

BTW -- loved the Waterdale webcam link! All that area was Glasgow Paddocks and the old Donny Museum when I was a kid. There used to be a good webcam of the interchange when that was being built. Are there any other Donny webcams online? Just done a a quicj search and couldn't find any.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on December 01, 2010, 12:27:16 pm by MrFrost »
No mate, no webcams for Donny which is a shame. There's one in my office though.
That Waterdale one is to following the construction of the CCQ (new council offices and theatre). The one for Frenchgate was for the same purpose and was shut down after completion. I believe there was one for the stadium aswell.

adge

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on December 01, 2010, 12:36:41 pm by adge »
i´m in tenerife
can you keep these photo´s coming , they look great over here where it´s hot.
as long as it clears for christmas when i come back

Keith Myath

« Reply #74 on December 01, 2010, 01:02:50 pm by Keith Myath »
Upto our knees in our back garden in Bottesford near Scunny im guessing about 20-22 inches. Coppers are pulling over anyone with uncleared snow on their cars, there givings fixed penalty fines and 3 pts to those hard of thinking (Or locals as i call em)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on December 01, 2010, 01:03:23 pm by Filo »
I`ve just been out in the car foraging for essentials (bread & milk) and though the main routes are getting a bit better the minor roads are a nightmare, and why do drivers in 4 x 4`s think they are invincible and have no consideration for other road users?  :angry:

DadsleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on December 01, 2010, 01:05:34 pm by DadsleyRover »
In Tickhill its the worst I can ever remember and I am 55. Also no bread or milk in the village at 10 am but I will check later.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on December 01, 2010, 01:05:38 pm by Filo »
Keith Myath wrote:
Upto our knees in our back garden in Bottesford near Scunny im guessing about 20-22 inches. Coppers are pulling over anyone with uncleared snow on their cars, there givings fixed penalty fines and 3 pts to those hard of thinking (Or locals as i call em)

Understandable but at the same time typical of Humberside police, never miss an opportunity to gain some revenue!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on December 01, 2010, 01:08:18 pm by Filo »
as I type the Snow is falling once again in Stainforth, pretty heavy as well!

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on December 01, 2010, 01:14:23 pm by Drover »
adge wrote:
i´m in tenerife
can you keep these photo´s coming , they look great over here where it´s hot.
as long as it clears for christmas when i come back

VikingJames

« Reply #80 on December 01, 2010, 01:22:08 pm by VikingJames »

And it's just started snowing again here in Hatfield.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on December 01, 2010, 02:58:26 pm by bedale rover »
been snowing every day since last wednesday in the north east we turned round on the A1 at newton aycliffe as we felt worried about the snow on the road snowed over the w/e but only a couple of inches then more snow on monday so havent been to work all week and has been snowing even more today they had a thunder snow storm in sunderland

so here are a couple of pics from not so sunny bedale!

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on December 01, 2010, 03:17:21 pm by RoversDave »
Thanks to my neighbours for the use of their Snowman

He over 6 foot so he can't play for us.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on December 01, 2010, 03:31:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's Steve Brooker !!

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on December 01, 2010, 03:44:44 pm by bedale rover »
and i will try once more!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on December 01, 2010, 03:50:28 pm by MrFrost »
Whats the latest on the roads? Main routes clear?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on December 01, 2010, 04:00:09 pm by Filo »
MrFrost wrote:
Whats the latest on the roads? Main routes clear?

Main routes clearish but it would n`t take much to make them bad again, minor roads a nightmare, put it this way buses are not running, there`s limited trains and the Taxi`s I work for have n`t run all day and the decision has just been taken that we are not working tonite

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on December 01, 2010, 04:34:14 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
My poor Dad is stuck at work for a second night as he can't get out of his building.  Something like 33cm they have there and its at the bottom of a hill, he was hopeful as the ploughs went through, but it started snowing heavily ruining all that.

Snowing again here and still 22cm of snow on our drive and street, doubt I'll be going to work again tomorrow.

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on December 01, 2010, 04:38:34 pm by Hounslowrover »
No snow fallen today in sunny Hounslow, though very cold.  I am hoping to get up to Thorne on Friday and stay with my sister befor the game on Saturday - isn't sounding too good in South Yorks at the moment, any idea when a decision will be made on the game?

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on December 01, 2010, 04:48:34 pm by drfc_burton_drfc »
snowing heavy in skellow again about 12 - 15 inch deep not risking it to sherburn in elmet not a chance !!!!!!!!!!!!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012