Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 05:21:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jimmy - Discuss  (Read 3705 times)

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
Jimmy - Discuss
« on December 11, 2010, 09:54:21 pm by Wokingviking »
Never thought I'd say this, but \"Mr Consistency\" is suddenly struggling.  He's obviously not happy about it himself as he went straight down the tunnel today when he was subbed.  He had a torrid time at Pompey against Utaka (sp?) 'cos of pace, and he's been mediocre (or less) since.

Graingrover on here reckoned he needs a rest.  All season he's been asked to play all over the place in defence with a different back four nearly very week and that can't have been easy.  I reckon he could probably do with a bit of a rest un all.

Alison may kill me for questioning Jimmy...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re:Jimmy - Discuss
« Reply #1 on December 11, 2010, 09:58:43 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
No consistency in where he's playing, that's not good for anyone really.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 11, 2010, 10:48:26 pm by hoolahoop »
True but why is he backing off all the time even when he has cover behind him if it goes wrong ?
Quite simply he is not closing space and making either interception or tackle. This has been going on for quite a lot of games now. :S

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 11, 2010, 11:09:23 pm by MiKA »
Its true that Jimmy had a poor game today but who didn't, its our defence on the whole that is letting us down and the disharmony just spreads up the pitch.  Our attacking players seem to test the defence and the keeper of every team we play (except for today) but it all seems in vain when they just come back up to our end and score at will.

.......... Leicester had 6 shots on target today according to the match stats, Sulli just saving 1 wasn't exactly a good shot/save ratio   :dry:

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 11, 2010, 11:11:53 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Top man is Jimmy; but he is paying the price for being too flexible in covering every role. Hopefully when we get every one fit, he will slot back into RB and get his confidence back. I have every belief in him and hope he will be back on his game on Friday night.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 12, 2010, 01:13:02 am by graingrover »
Well I do not just judge JOC on today's performance and take the piss taking comments from our adversary supporters about him as shallow .. but he is very insecure.His indecision which lead to today's penalty goal was cringe worthy!
   BUUUUUUUUUUUt . Nobody today was up for it, except our Billy . They should donate their bleeding wages to the Donny Royal Infirmary!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 12, 2010, 01:39:01 am by wilts rover »
If you want to you can pick faults with all our players, Jimmy is too slow to be a top quality fullback and too small to be a top quality centre half - but he is still one the best players in our team. Its not about indiviuduals, its how those individuals combine as a team - and there needs to be an improvement on that part.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 12, 2010, 10:03:06 am by The Red Baron »
I don't think Jimmy is comfortable at left back at all. That's why I think Muzzy has gone over there recently- probably more because he's the sort of lad who'll \"give it a go\" rather than anything else.

With hindsight (a wonderful thing!) we made a mistake in extending Mills' loan. Nothing wrong with how the lad played, but more with the assessment of his injury- what was reported as a minor ankle sprain has kept hin out six weeks! We should have looked to get someone else in before the loan window shut.

opinionated old git

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 12, 2010, 10:26:31 am by opinionated old git »
I've been concerned about Jimmy for some time too. This is the worst he's played since he came to the club and he seems totally devoid of confidence, resulting in him making mistakes that he would normally never make.
Doesn't matter where you play to some extent in that certain situations will still arise and need a decision making. Am I correct in thinking that their third goal today came from our corner where the ball came out to Jimmy who gave it away and they then broke away and scored? Doesn't matter if he's playing left, right, centre or goalkeeper he knows that you can't give the ball away there.

For me, Jimmy is symptomatic of a general malaise within the team. Something is wrong whereby the players seem to be very unsure and hesitant at the moment.

Even when we were getting results (Swansea, Sheff U, Millwall) we only played well in patches and our passing game seems to be a thing of the past.

\"Aresenal of the North\"? Not at the moment I'm afraid!

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 12, 2010, 10:34:26 am by scuzzer »
I'd have to say that i thought Martis was our second best player yesterday to the obvious MoM, he looked far more confortable at RB than he has at CB and looked good on the ball down the right.

I'd had a few jars but i was susprised how good he looked, Jimmy on the other hand had a stinker on the left, i'd love to see the stats of how many goals we concede come down our left, whether its Jimmy, Muzzy or AN Other covering over there, the sooner we can get Chambers back the better, for me he's by some distance our best LB. It also questions how much help they get from the midfield on that side.

All i want for Christmas is a clean sheet, at the minute i'm not sure which Christmas that it'll be when we get it.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 12, 2010, 12:36:52 pm by Savvy »
Wish we had another 10 J O'Cs, end of!

alison o connor

« Reply #11 on December 12, 2010, 09:44:51 pm by alison o connor »
yes she will:)

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 13, 2010, 07:32:38 pm by benaldo »
I think he's seen by SOD as a \"cure all\" for our ropey defence. While he can be an excellent defender, SOD uses him in far too many positions for my liking. He should be given a slot at CB in my opinion and stick to it, it's where he seems to be most effective. I reckon him and Thomas would be our best CB pairing, putting Jimmy on the left is just a desperate move of a manager who really is unsure why his defence isn't working and, more importantly, what to do about it!

jackthelad1

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 13, 2010, 07:35:19 pm by jackthelad1 »
We need 1 or 2 new defenders, or injuries to clear up quickly! Simple as.

Why the hell are we paying Dennis Souza? What was actually the point of us signing him???

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 13, 2010, 07:39:28 pm by benaldo »
I think Souza is back-up to the back-up! :unsure:

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 13, 2010, 08:05:41 pm by i_ateallthepies »
benaldo wrote:
I think he's seen by SOD as a \"cure all\" for our ropey defence. While he can be an excellent defender, SOD uses him in far too many positions for my liking. He should be given a slot at CB in my opinion and stick to it, it's where he seems to be most effective. I reckon him and Thomas would be our best CB pairing, putting Jimmy on the left is just a desperate move of a manager who really is unsure why his defence isn't working and, more importantly, what to do about it!

Do you want to tell me who else was going to play LB?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 13, 2010, 09:04:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
reckon him and Thomas would be our best CB pairing, putting Jimmy on the left is just a desperate move of a manager who really is unsure why his defence isn't working and, more importantly, what to do about it!

I just think it's no coincidence that we seem to have got worse since Thomas' inclusion. We we're ropey on defending crosses, which we still are, and now we're getting cut open down the middle too.

I had hoped Thomas was the answer, a leader and organiser, but sadly it seems he's more like Corporal Jones, \"Don't panic, don't panic !\" and all around him are doing just that.

Unfortunately, he's turned out to be more mouth and no trousers !

Let's get Jimmy back in to the middle as soon as we can.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 13, 2010, 09:12:43 pm by CusworthRovers »
I felt for Thomas on Saturday. He had to come forward into midfield to start the first line of defence as there was nothing there. That cost him his position a few times. Whether that was right or wrong he was trying to do something to stem the flow.

I would still go with ( and I suspect Sean might also):

JOC ......Thomas....Martis......Chambo

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 13, 2010, 10:15:18 pm by graingrover »
but on the subject of the thread ... JOC is really off the boil and if you watch his movement in the back line he is trying to cover everywhere but is actually not DECISIVE anywhere anymore.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012