Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 05:39:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: FAO Andy Thompson  (Read 2088 times)

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
FAO Andy Thompson
« on December 17, 2010, 11:41:30 pm by Wokingviking »
How did you manage to get the game on tonight?  I live down south and it's freezing here and I know it's far worse up north so you must have done well.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re:FAO Andy Thompson
« Reply #1 on December 17, 2010, 11:56:00 pm by Filo »
It was touch and go whether the game got abandoned, the pitch looked like concrete towards the end of the game, i`ve been in the house an hour and a half, the heating is set at 24c and i`m still chilled to the bone!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 17, 2010, 11:58:18 pm by hoolahoop »
Great job AT , thanks for all your hard work and the lads that work with you of course. ;)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 17, 2010, 11:59:54 pm by Viking Don »
It was pretty funny seeing the guys at half time with the pitch forks, basically just touching the pitch with 'em, wouldn't even pierce the surface. There was one guy spending ages touching up an area of the pitch outside the touchline. That's commitment for you.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 18, 2010, 12:00:13 am by Dagenham Rover »
Filo wrote:
It was touch and go whether the game got abandoned, the pitch looked like concrete towards the end of the game, i`ve been in the house an hour and a half, the heating is set at 24c and i`m still chilled to the bone!

As I said Filo I was told it was a case of start the game and see how it went, lets face it that pitch is supposed to be hard at the best of times.

But well done Andy and staff for getting it on

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 18, 2010, 12:19:09 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Glad someone started this thread as I was thinking exactly the same thing. I walked across some grass near the stadium on the way there and it was rock hard. I was half expecting it to be called off when I got there.

Hats off for the groundstaff for the hard work and the ref for not calling it off.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 18, 2010, 12:21:03 am by Superspy »
another thumbs up from me, i still can't quite feel my fingers, how the game went ahead i have no idea, but im bloody glad it did given the outcome. well done andy and the team.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 18, 2010, 12:55:13 am by RedJ »
We're from oop north, so naturally, we're absolute hardcore.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 18, 2010, 10:06:24 am by CusworthRovers »
Well done Andy.

Hold on you pufta's, I thought it was warm. I was in my shorts and vest with my my flip flops on.

When our old mucker the MC inadvertently called it off at HT I was already picking up my stuff to leave before he even finished the sentence.

Glad he never. Anyways I carried on laid back catching the heat rays from the floodlights. I'm expecting their goalie blaming the hard ground for his dive and the ball bobbling. He made a point of doing it to the ref during the 2nd half

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 18, 2010, 10:12:14 am by Filo »
CusworthRovers wrote:
Well done Andy.

Hold on you pufta's, I thought it was warm. I was in my shorts and vest with my my flip flops on.

When our old mucker the MC inadvertently called it off at HT I was already picking up my stuff to leave before he even finished the sentence.

Glad he never. Anyways I carried on laid back catching the heat rays from the floodlights. I'm expecting their goalie blaming the hard ground for his dive and the ball bobbling. He made a point of doing it to the ref during the 2nd half

I suppose this time of year that`s all you can find when you`re nicking out of those charity bags, folk will be holding on to their old warm rags this time of year

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 18, 2010, 10:18:41 am by BLIR »
CusworthRovers wrote:
I was in my shorts and vest with my my flip flops on.

Flip Flops? Sooooo 90's

Sandals are the way forward  :cheer:

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 18, 2010, 02:32:16 pm by scuzzer »
It was an incredible effort to get that game on last night and great credit to all involved who've had stick in the past when games have been lost in far better conditions.

Coldest game i've ever been to, but there was a little warm buzz in the 91st minute to make it all worthwhile.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 18, 2010, 02:42:18 pm by Filo »
scuzzer wrote:
It was an incredible effort to get that game on last night and great credit to all involved who've had stick in the past when games have been lost in far better conditions.

Coldest game i've ever been to, but there was a little warm buzz in the 91st minute to make it all worthwhile.

That warm feeling you got was probably because you pissed yourself in the exitment at the end  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 18, 2010, 02:44:28 pm by scuzzer »
Filo wrote:
scuzzer wrote:

That warm feeling you got was probably because you pissed yourself in the exitment at the end  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I wish i could have found it to have a piss!  :lol:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 18, 2010, 02:48:53 pm by Filo »
scuzzer wrote:
Filo wrote:
scuzzer wrote:

I wish i could have found it to have a piss!  :lol:

Yep, I bet it looked like a rosette  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 18, 2010, 02:55:55 pm by Colin C No.3 »
another well done & thanks here Andy.

How those bloody ducks nonchalantly jump into the lake as you walk by is beyond me!

Mind you, couldn't help but notice a couple of 'The Smoggies' put their tops back on after Stockie tucked away the winner. So, so sweet.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012