Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:22:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: sod stays  (Read 2729 times)

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
sod stays
« on December 23, 2010, 01:31:44 pm by drfc_burton_drfc »
on sky sports news now they understand

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyHodge

• Forum Member
Re:sod stays
« Reply #1 on December 23, 2010, 01:34:23 pm by DonnyHodge »
breaking news bar indeed on sky sports news. Delighted. My top xmas present come early!!!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 23, 2010, 01:36:49 pm by graingrover »
brilliant ... what an endorsement of the faith JR has placed  in SOD . The players and supporters will all get a great boost especially after all the Blades fans's courtship!!

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 23, 2010, 01:36:56 pm by JonWallsend »
Still proceed with caution from me. It was the same Sky Sports that reported SOD was definitely joining Burnley.

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 23, 2010, 01:38:59 pm by drfc_burton_drfc »
also on OS

VikingJames

« Reply #5 on December 23, 2010, 01:55:27 pm by VikingJames »
Great news!

Can't help but think that this is a massive boost to the club. To manage to fend off 2 bigger clubs in the space of a year shows a statement of intent for me, and I'm sure the players will be delighted too.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 23, 2010, 02:00:18 pm by RoversAlias »
What does it actually say on SSN? Cos the club statement does not state anywhere that this is the end of this, there's nobody saying 'O'Driscoll is staying at Doncaster, he won't go to Sheffield United'.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 23, 2010, 02:02:15 pm by Filo »
Great news! but a word of caution, the statement does n`t actually say he`s staying, but for now, over to Blades mad to shove it their arses! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 23, 2010, 02:03:09 pm by Rovers Return »
RoversAlias wrote:
What does it actually say on SSN? Cos the club statement does not state anywhere that this is the end of this, there's nobody saying 'O'Driscoll is staying at Doncaster, he won't go to Sheffield United'.

My thoughts exactly! The word missing is 'yet'.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 23, 2010, 02:09:37 pm by jmt »
It's actually 3 bigger clubs, he was offered the portsmouth job in the summer,.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 23, 2010, 02:11:57 pm by godlike1 »
Free press website has an article saying that hes staying as well with an apparent club spokesman saying the club are delighted he's staying to push for the playoffs. Does this mean jr and sod have some exciting plans in the jan transfer window?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 23, 2010, 02:12:06 pm by RedJ »
The Donny FB page also confirmed, if any of you have them as a friend.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 23, 2010, 03:08:28 pm by Superspy »
i do, but all theyve done is post what is said on th OS anyway. as other people have said though, it doesn't say that he's staying with us, it says he isn't part of the process at sheff utd, i see that as meaning there has been no contact, which i thought was pretty obvious because sheff utd have said they probably wont appoint before xmas....i dont think this is over yet...but i still dont think he'll go. :)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 23, 2010, 03:20:38 pm by bobjimwilly »
Someone on bladesman made a good point regarding a statement that was released on 10th December about Speed and the Wales job:

http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10418~2240729,00.html

If SOD was definately staying, he would say so without reservation. All he has said today is he is not [currently] part of the process  :huh:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 23, 2010, 06:25:51 pm by graingrover »
nowhere did he use the word 'currently' cos had he done so it would have meant do not bet on my loyalty // but I think we can !

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 23, 2010, 11:52:28 pm by bobjimwilly »
graingrover wrote:
nowhere did he use the word 'currently' cos had he done so it would have meant do not bet on my loyalty // but I think we can !

If he was 100% staying, why wouldn't he say \"Im not interested in the job and I'm 100% committed to the Rovers until the end of the season\" (at least)?

I wish he would anyway...  :(

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 24, 2010, 12:11:12 am by CusworthRovers »
I don't think he would be foolish enough to say I'm committed to DRFC. He's too smart for that. Put simply, there are enough managers out there at big clubs who are on thin ice. If he is linked with a big club that is on a sound footing, then he may go. That may be January, off season or anytime really. Hence he would be silly to say I am committed to DRFC. If he went in Jan/August/next season, I'm sure many would hold that comment against him and call him a pig to a dog.

Whilst ever he's here, I am sure he's 110% committed. I would be shocked/surprised if he was touting his services elsewhere, but that's not to say some club will come a courting him. In all honesty who can blame them. We are victims of our own success and the hype of the media bestowed on us in recent times.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 24, 2010, 01:13:26 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just as we as fans have emotions, the players themselves do.

As astute as SOD is when he is careful about the words he chooses, he's opened himself up for more questions from all associated with DRFC.

He's also opened himself up for criticism from the sidelines and you know as well as I do, there will be 'fans' who are chomping at the bit to have a dig.

It might be a blessing in disguise if the Ipswich game were postponed.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 24, 2010, 01:56:21 am by danrover82 »
Whilst it doesn't say he is going or staying, he has said its unwelcome speculation. Which if we are clutching at straws for a statement of intent is a good sign?

He probably hasn't said either way, because he knows himself, all the publicity about him and DRFC is better than none and hopefully helps try to get a few bums on seats over xmas.  I woudln't put it  past DRFC orchestrating what SOD should feed the press for now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012