Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:24:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: FM2011 as Rovers  (Read 45760 times)

lifes-better-red-and-white

• Forum Member
Re: FM2011 as Rovers
« Reply #450 on August 22, 2011, 09:09:56 pm by lifes-better-red-and-white »
I am top of league 1 at the moment,26th of January.

The board jumped into sell Lallana and Mendy but i got decent fees in January so i wasn't too bothered and i did replace with a lot of quality,signed Neil Danns,Jason Shackell,Adam Le Fondre,Keith Treacy and Jody Craddock although I've spent the 3.7m or somehthing that i had.

Preparing for life in the championship,Bassos been great but will he be good enough for the championship or will i need to look elsewhere,i may well try and get Alex Smithies...

Chamberlains just broke into my side and hes doing well.
Remember I'm Southampton.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #451 on August 22, 2011, 09:12:36 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"lifes-better-red-and-white\" post=178521
I am top of league 1 at the moment,26th of January.

The board jumped into sell Lallana and Mendy but i got decent fees in January so i wasn't too bothered and i did replace with a lot of quality,signed Neil Danns,Jason Shackell,Adam Le Fondre,Keith Treacy and Jody Craddock although I've spent the 3.7m or somehthing that i had.

Preparing for life in the championship,Bassos been great but will he be good enough for the championship or will i need to look elsewhere,i may well try and get Alex Smithies...

Chamberlains just broke into my side and hes doing well.
Remember I'm Southampton.

Does my head in, when they sell players from under you. Apparently the next game'll let you argue your case for keeping, but just speculation.

Basso's a good enough replacement for season 2, so I'd keep him and bring in Smithies, or Joe Lewis if you can't get him.

• Forum Member
« Reply #452 on August 22, 2011, 09:31:28 pm by lifes-better-red-and-white »
Yeah i was a bit pissed off when they sold Lallana for 1.2m to Forest,he was a massive part of my midfield and Mendy was instrumental in my side,pulling all the strings. :clapping:

I was a bit sad to see him leave but i got 2.9m from Everton for him so it wasn't too bad besides i think in the 5 or 6 players i brought in through January i think i got the better deal,Danns could be a great signing.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #453 on August 22, 2011, 09:32:29 pm by RedJ »
Danns is mixing it up in the PL for me, even in 2014, so good buy there.

• Forum Member
« Reply #454 on August 22, 2011, 09:37:12 pm by lifes-better-red-and-white »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=178531
Danns is mixing it up in the PL for me, even in 2014, so good buy there.

1m up front and 500k over 24 month's,I'm keeping tabs on a lot of players who will be out of contract come the end of the season from premiership clubs and I'll be quick to offer them contracts as long as they don't renew.
Michael Owen is one i am looking at fetching in if the wages aren't too high,could be some good freebies in there.

Hows Chamberlain,Schneiderlin and Smithies doing,thanks?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #455 on August 22, 2011, 09:38:53 pm by RedJ »
All at top teams, worth millions. Smithies turned down a move to Chelsea for Leicester for some reason though, after being at Liverpool..

• Forum Member
« Reply #456 on August 22, 2011, 09:43:21 pm by lifes-better-red-and-white »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=178537
All at top teams, worth millions. Smithies turned down a move to Chelsea for Leicester for some reason though, after being at Liverpool..

Ah that's good,i was a bit wary of offering Chamberlain a new deal incase he tailed off but it does seem that he can turn out quality,i will certainly offer Chamberlain a new deal tommorow,He has 2 and a half years left but a lot of teams are sniffing around,Smithies will eventually be mine,i have my heart set on him signing for me. :laugh:

I took a cheapish gamble on Arroan Cresswell of Tranmere,21 years old and a left back,signed him early in the season but left him at Tranmere for a year to develop a bit more,any idea how hes getting on?
I wasn't sure on him

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #457 on August 22, 2011, 09:49:26 pm by RedJ »
Cresswell. Well he doesn't end up as anything special, but he's solid in the NPC and League One. Worth it for the right price, and sometimes you can actually develop them  to be better than their PA if you work it right (rare though).

• Forum Member
« Reply #458 on August 22, 2011, 09:52:21 pm by lifes-better-red-and-white »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=178548
Cresswell. Well he doesn't end up as anything special, but he's solid in the NPC and League One. Worth it for the right price, and sometimes you can actually develop them  to be better than their PA if you work it right (rare though).

Ok thanks,he should be good enough cover atleast for next season i reckon,his stats are decent for a youngster...

Any suggestions as to who i could go for in the summer? Promotions a almost certainty

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #459 on August 22, 2011, 09:53:19 pm by RedJ »
What positions are you looking at covering?

• Forum Member
« Reply #460 on August 22, 2011, 09:57:59 pm by lifes-better-red-and-white »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=178554
What positions are you looking at covering?

Anywhere good really,obviously I'll have to balance it out a bit but a few will be released on frees,i have a good enough mid table side anyway already imo just needs a bit of tweaking with. :aok:

Free agents preferably as I'm not sure as to how much money i will get.

Striking isn't really a issue as i have Grittiths who has scored over 30 goals so far and only in January,i have Lambert and Brandy who has done well of the bench also have Barnard although i think I'll sell him on.

Goalkeeping should be ok as i think I'll for Smithies.

I have a good midfield with Chamberlain,Schneiderlin,Danns and a lot of cover...

So anywhere would be a nice suggestion please although they'll have to be pretty good to get into my side. :thumbsup:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #461 on August 22, 2011, 10:07:58 pm by RedJ »
If you're looking to keep spending low then I'd suggest raiding the PL reserves for youth loans.

Add Owen to your side, do anything to get him. I'd bring in a defender or two - Martin Kelly might be free at that point (forgotten) but I'd get him anyway, even if just on loan - definitely worth it. Kilgallon would be another good signing, again, even if just on loan. If I don't go straight up and I DON'T just restart I usually go down the route of loans.

• Forum Member
« Reply #462 on August 22, 2011, 10:09:53 pm by lifes-better-red-and-white »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=178560
If you're looking to keep spending low then I'd suggest raiding the PL reserves for youth loans.

Add Owen to your side, do anything to get him. I'd bring in a defender or two - Martin Kelly might be free at that point (forgotten) but I'd get him anyway, even if just on loan - definitely worth it. Kilgallon would be another good signing, again, even if just on loan. If I don't go straight up and I DON'T just restart I usually go down the route of loans.

Thanks,I'll look into them.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rtid:

Hopefully get another 2 month done tommorow and confirm promotion ;) :cheer:

• Forum Member
« Reply #463 on August 22, 2011, 10:13:32 pm by lifes-better-red-and-white »
Also how good is Leigh Grittiths on yours?
Nearly 40 goals this season for me. :woot:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #464 on August 22, 2011, 10:15:09 pm by RedJ »
Griffiths is banging them in in the Championship, had sides in the PL like WBA sniffing for him according to his profile and the transfer rumours thing.

• Forum Member
« Reply #465 on August 22, 2011, 10:18:22 pm by lifes-better-red-and-white »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=178565
Griffiths is banging them in in the Championship, had sides in the PL like WBA sniffing for him according to his profile and the transfer rumours thing.

Ok thanks,what a player hes turning out to be for me ... :)

• Forum Member
« Reply #466 on August 24, 2011, 09:29:21 pm by lifes-better-red-and-white »
Right went up with Southampton,finished 2nd on 102 points. :aok:

Signed a few players but still early July.

Sol Campbell.
Kieron Dyer.
Alex Smithies.

A few more but i forgot who :laugh: I'll tell you tommorow
Any other suggestions on frees

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #467 on August 24, 2011, 09:31:40 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"lifes-better-red-and-white\" post=179252
Right went up with Southampton,finished 2nd on 102 points. :aok:

Signed a few players but still early July.

Sol Campbell.
Kieron Dyer.
Alex Smithies.

A few more but i forgot who :laugh: I'll tell you tommorow
Any other suggestions on frees

That's a good start, I'd just go with my earlier suggestions really though, as I say it's easier to get fringe players from other clubs in and you pay less money :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #468 on August 26, 2011, 11:08:11 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Febian Brandy on a free transfer for anyone starting up, he is god.  I got him for Brentford at the start of my game and he was unbelievably good.

In my Derby game at the start of the 20-21 season and my chairman has just sold my upcoming Brazilian left winger for 15M, he was worth more than that IMO.  I've got a better left winger in the team but that's not the point.  Replaced him with 34 year old Cristiano Ronaldo, lost some of his pace but the ability more than makes up for it.

• Forum Member
« Reply #469 on August 26, 2011, 10:27:12 pm by lifes-better-red-and-white »
Had a couple of eventful days on fm. :blush:

As you know i was Southampton,took them up easily and made some good signings for the championship but jesus christ it didnt go as planned :chair:  I was 12 games in and had only 1 point and was getting hammered by 3 or more goals every game :pinch:  My 13th game was against Preston and i was beaten 11-0 yes eleven. :coat: :coat: :coat:

I took the descision to resign rather than be sacked.

Joined Walsall who were bottom of leauge 2,quite a drop i know :sick:  Couldn't sign anyone so made to do with what i had,in a remarkable turn of games i have managed to take them just 3 points off the play-offs at Christmas,could i take them up? :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #470 on August 26, 2011, 11:11:41 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=179517
Febian Brandy on a free transfer for anyone starting up, he is god.  I got him for Brentford at the start of my game and he was unbelievably good.

In my Derby game at the start of the 20-21 season and my chairman has just sold my upcoming Brazilian left winger for 15M, he was worth more than that IMO.  I've got a better left winger in the team but that's not the point.  Replaced him with 34 year old Cristiano Ronaldo, lost some of his pace but the ability more than makes up for it.

That's a good shout - banging them in for me as Donny on my new save (still probably won't end up typing up cos I always get too far in :laugh:) too!

Hate when they sell players off without letting you stop them! Just did that to me with Stock, but managed to get Pall Gallagher and another player whose name escapes me with it, so worth it. Ronaldo will never come to me, no matter who I am or how much I offer..

Quote from: \"lifes-better-red-and-white\" post=179603

As you know i was Southampton,took them up easily and made some good signings for the championship but jesus christ it didnt go as planned :chair:  I was 12 games in and had only 1 point and was getting hammered by 3 or more goals every game :pinch:  My 13th game was against Preston and i was beaten 11-0 yes eleven. :coat: :coat: :coat:

Joined Walsall who were bottom of leauge 2,quite a drop i know :sick:  Couldn't sign anyone so made to do with what i had,in a remarkable turn of games i have managed to take them just 3 points off the play-offs at Christmas,could i take them up? :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

:laugh: unlucky! keep calm and carry on :P

Best thing to do - jump before push and you save reputation and increase the chance of getting back in at that level.

Walsall are a decent side, I've done them before and enjoyed it. Going up going up going up :thumbsup:

• Forum Member
« Reply #471 on August 27, 2011, 12:07:15 am by lifes-better-red-and-white »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=179607
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=179517

That's a good shout - banging them in for me as Donny on my new save (still probably won't end up typing up cos I always get too far in :laugh:) too!

Hate when they sell players off without letting you stop them! Just did that to me with Stock, but managed to get Pall Gallagher and another player whose name escapes me with it, so worth it. Ronaldo will never come to me, no matter who I am or how much I offer..

Quote from: \"lifes-better-red-and-white\" post=179603

:laugh: unlucky! keep calm and carry on :P

Best thing to do - jump before push and you save reputation and increase the chance of getting back in at that level.

Walsall are a decent side, I've done them before and enjoyed it. Going up going up going up :thumbsup:

My save files decided to corrupt ffs

Started as Luton,got Joe Mills in on loan,talking to Brandy too

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #472 on August 27, 2011, 12:11:13 am by RedJ »
Do you have the option checked that lets you save the file 3 times, rolling? I also save things more than once now (to prevent losing everything).

If you can get Brandy, he should be a real threat.

• Forum Member
« Reply #473 on August 27, 2011, 12:47:39 am by lifes-better-red-and-white »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=179610
Do you have the option checked that lets you save the file 3 times, rolling? I also save things more than once now (to prevent losing everything).

Terry Dixon.
Luke Moore.
Lee Trundle.
Jack Sampson
King Gyan
Vincent Derge (gk)
James Ashworth
Danny Murphy
Wilfried Zaha - Loan from Palace.

Obviously won't sign them all but Dixon,Sampson and Zaha look certainties :kiss:
Yeah thats my save file 3 rolling...

All targets...

• Forum Member
« Reply #474 on August 27, 2011, 12:48:51 am by lifes-better-red-and-white »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=179610

Yep already checked :coat:

Only happened once though in a year though.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #475 on August 27, 2011, 12:59:17 am by RedJ »
Mine corrupts regularly for some reason :( usually after I've done something big like won the league :headbang:

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #476 on August 27, 2011, 09:07:50 am by mushRTID »
How do you all have time for this???

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #477 on August 27, 2011, 09:21:41 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I don't play much hence why it's taken me 10 months to do 10 seasons.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #478 on August 27, 2011, 11:21:29 am by RedJ »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=179630

Sleep problems for me :laugh:

• Forum Member
« Reply #479 on August 27, 2011, 11:36:39 pm by lifes-better-red-and-white »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=179630

I have to secretly take the laptop to the toilet or something and go on it why the missus isn't looking, :sick: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Won every game,mid september with Luton. B)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012