Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 10:10:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Film of the game  (Read 1769 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Film of the game
« on January 02, 2011, 07:06:48 am by Donnywolf »
Anyone know :

If the kicks on Stocky are on film. Apparantly there were 2 of them one which put him on crutches

If the elbow thrown by one of them (Woolford) on one of us on the centre spot immediately before Sam Hird was sent off is on film

If YES is there any chance that the FA cabn take retrospective action ?????? This would need Rovers or someone else to bring either / both to their attention of course

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re:Film of the game
« Reply #1 on January 02, 2011, 08:49:02 am by The Red Baron »
The incident where Morgan elbowed James Hayter was clearly shown on film- and the BBC commentators drew attention to it. However, the FA chose to take no action, so I can't see them doing it now.

Retrospective punsihments for Scunny players won't help us anyway- and from what I saw of them today they're heading in one direction only- League One.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 02, 2011, 09:08:12 am by Donnywolf »
The Red Baron wrote:
The incident where Morgan elbowed James Hayter was clearly shown on film- and the BBC commentators drew attention to it. However, the FA chose to take no action, so I can't see them doing it now.

Retrospective punsihments for Scunny players won't help us anyway- and from what I saw of them today they're heading in one direction only- League One.

Yes TRB - but just to be clear - I was not saying we go back to the Hayter Morgan thing - just that Woolford ? had (like Morgan) taken a cynical look to see where the Rovers player was and thus IT was deliberate and should be looked at by the FA if avaialable

I am heartened by the fact they will go down myself but they should be brought to book for such behaviour as

a) elbowing a fellow professional
b) stamping on or kicking a fellow professional
c) kicking the ball at a fellow professional or others (see my Murphy thread)
d) running 60 metres and attempting to get the Ref to send off a fellow professional (Byrne)

Whatever happened to the PFA ffs ?

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 02, 2011, 09:54:12 am by Ian H »
Come on Mr Wolf .... a man of your age and experience.

The game has worked around people showing their opponents that they mean business - sly digs, niggles, dives, pulls etc. You don't actually believe that we don't have players that try to offset that, do you?

The big teams also had someone who kept making sure that the ref was aware and encouraging him to take action.

In their own eyes they aren't cheating unless the ref sees it - no allegience to a Professional Footballers Association will change that. No wonder no-one wants to be a referee, there is so little honesty on show and the FA aren't bothered .... enquiries cost money.

Bikka

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 02, 2011, 10:57:48 am by Bikka »
Yep lets not bother then  :unsure:

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 02, 2011, 11:16:10 am by Drover »
Yeah lets do nothing and all laugh when the next player gets his ankle broken or leg snapped by O Connor!
Plus making a deal out of it should embarrass the linesman and 4th official who did nothing.I believe J.R. is already disillusioned with some of the poor refereeing that goes on even at championship level.Remember the Wellens and Britton incident?,now I know its a disgusting act but does it warrant all the complaints and investigation that it got more than yesterdays event?

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 02, 2011, 12:03:27 pm by Woodhead Passer »
A bit irrelevant to what your talking about, but the title of this thread just fit this video ;)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koFGtEWzR1M[/video]

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 02, 2011, 12:20:11 pm by Ian H »
Bikka wrote:
Yep lets not bother then  :unsure:

FFS .... OK, go ahead, get your evidence together, make your case, start your witch hunt. Lets take it on ourselves to clean up all sport. Lets stop all types of \"gamesmanship\" (or CHEATING) ....

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying that \"Shit Happens\"

Perhaps Stock kicked O'Connor two seasons ago and he has bided his time to get his revenge - bring on your mitigation .... Oh: Two wrongs don't make a right!

If Stock feels hard done by he'll talk to SO'D & the club - but hey my little post means \"Yep, lets not bother then\"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012