Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:46:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: For Gartom  (Read 2116 times)

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
For Gartom
« on January 17, 2011, 11:02:32 pm by Old Popsider »
Gareth, you have the ear of JR as we all know. Next time you speak to him please put forward the comments made by those in the previous thread regarding his comments in the Press.

Perhaps if he does have something to say along those lines, then a quick consultation with you may just get him to tone down his rhetoric a little, because as you can plainly see although we all love the man to bits for his total dedication to DRFC he can be a bit too abrasive at times. Folks quite justifiably get rather irritated at some of his ill thought out comments, he probably doesn't set out with the intention of upsetting folks but that is unfortunately what he does do.

JR probably does know just how tight times are on the money front for the ordinary man/woman in the street and really ought to take this into account before letting rip in the press.

Maybe if he vented his displeasure in the right direction i.e. DRFC office staff, then he may get a better reaction from the paying supporters.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re:For Gartom
« Reply #1 on January 17, 2011, 11:06:25 pm by RedJ »
Also, please, please, please say something about the shocking marketing department.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 17, 2011, 11:11:59 pm by BobG »
I hope the Star will see fit to publish a letter I've just emailed them in response to John's comments tonight.... Lets' see.

Why don't others write to the Star, and the Free Press, on the subject? Get a campaign going like. That'll get John's attention! But if you do, please remember that the running of the club is NOT down to JR. That's the responsibility of the Chief Executive, Mr Morris. John's role is oversight and strategic direction. Well, that and putting his hand in his pocket :) So please make sure criticisms are aimed in the right direction - and that for every criticism a solution is prposed that won't cost the Earth. Otherwise it gives those in responsible positions a very, very easy out. And then nothing will change.

BobG

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 17, 2011, 11:39:10 pm by hoolahoop »
BobG wrote:
I hope the Star will see fit to publish a letter I've just emailed them in response to John's comments tonight.... Lets' see.

Why don't others write to the Star, and the Free Press, on the subject? Get a campaign going like. That'll get John's attention! But if you do, please remember that the running of the club is NOT down to JR. That's the responsibility of the Chief Executive, Mr Morris. John's role is oversight and strategic direction. Well, that and putting his hand in his pocket :) So please make sure criticisms are aimed in the right direction - and that for every criticism a solution is prposed that won't cost the Earth. Otherwise it gives those in responsible positions a very, very easy out. And then nothing will change.

BobG

I wouldn't pay Morris in washers, he should have been given the boot a long time ago.  :angry:

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 17, 2011, 11:53:58 pm by benaldo »
BobG wrote:

BobG

And there Bob we have another big issue. I agree with you, poor old John Ryan slogs his guts and his wallet out for the club when it should be up to the chief exec to be handling the media, if at all! The cheif exec should be sorting out all the things John gets involved in personally. Maybe then JR will feel his blood pressure going down?
I've said it before, I think this club would be better off without Morris, at least we'd save the wages. I honestly don't know what he does except chair a few meetings and probably nod his head when told to do so by JR, Watson and TB. Something doesn't work out for me in regards to Dave Morris and what he does and doesn't do. I seem to remember years ago some people giving Morris some flack for something or other and JR said then that he was his personal assisstant outside of football (I think I've got that right?) and if we weren't happy with it then we should take our criticsms to JR direct. Sounded a bit of a threat to me at the time, but there may be some truth in it? Perhaps Morris has been working for JR for years and theres a loyalty thing going on?
I've never spoken to Dave Morris, he's probably a very nice man, I just can't figure out what he does.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 18, 2011, 12:21:39 am by RobTheRover »
benaldo wrote:
and JR said then that he was his personal assisstant outside of football (I think I've got that right?)

I think that was actually Dave Parker in that quote, Benaldo.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 18, 2011, 08:55:03 am by Wellred »
BobG wrote:

BobG

Sorry Bob but as JR is one of the owners of the club and the man who appointed Morris Minor it IS down to JR how the club is run.
There is a saying in business that \"You are only as good as the people that work for you\"
Get rid now John and please tone the moaning down a bit.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 18, 2011, 10:42:52 pm by BobG »
No. It's not Wellred. The owner has chosen to appoint a Chief Executive. The role of CE is pretty clearly defined. John has therefore handed that responsibility over to him.John does not have a role in day to day and operational management. he can, if he chooses, remove and/or replace both the incumbent in the role or the role itself, but until he does the former we are stuck with Morris doing that work, and until he does the latter, John has no role to play.

Cheers

BobG

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 18, 2011, 11:22:17 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
Spot on bob

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 18, 2011, 11:30:37 pm by Wellred »
BobG wrote:
No. It's not Wellred. The owner has chosen to appoint a Chief Executive. The role of CE is pretty clearly defined. John has therefore handed that responsibility over to him.John does not have a role in day to day and operational management. he can, if he chooses, remove and/or replace both the incumbent in the role or the role itself, but until he does the former we are stuck with Morris doing that work, and until he does the latter, John has no role to play.

Cheers

BobG

As you quite rightly say Bob.JR has appointed a CE to run the club. That person is making a right mess of it.
If JR is happy with the way the CE is running it then he deserves all he gets.
So stop moaning at the people of Doncaster and look a bit closer to home for where the problems lie.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012