Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:43:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ipswich Town vs Doncaster Rovers  (Read 25736 times)

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
Re:Ipswich Town vs Doncaster Rovers
« Reply #120 on January 22, 2011, 05:06:56 pm by drfcsteve »
You're right MrFrost, obviously O'Driscoll is shit, lets get rid of him.

Get a grip FFS.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on January 22, 2011, 05:08:32 pm by MrFrost »
i_ateallthepies wrote:
Top of my head, we have seven players injured all of whom would probably be selected ahead of players in the team today.

Get some perspective FFS!!!

Who?
Martis? Would he get in ahead of Lockwood? Doubtful
Dumbuya? Would you play him in front of JOC? No
Woods? Possibly
Stock? Yes
Thomas? No
Gillet? Yes

Can't think of who the other is, but there you have 2 maybe 3 who would have got into the team. Lets stop using injuries as an excuse and face facts.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on January 22, 2011, 05:08:44 pm by drfcsteve »
Seriously think some people on here need to get some perspective.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on January 22, 2011, 05:09:18 pm by MrFrost »
drfcsteve wrote:
You're right MrFrost, obviously O'Driscoll is shit, lets get rid of him.

Get a grip FFS.

Where did I say that? Jesus Christ.
I said questions need to be asked.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on January 22, 2011, 05:09:25 pm by Akinfenwa »
Our midfield cannot handle the pressure when teams take the game to us in the second half, they just lose it, hence the pressure. And our defence isn't great at the best of times, never mind the opposition having the freedom of our half to pick their passes and create chances. Looking at the stats they were all over us second half. Getting sick of this inevitable collapse every away game. We have now got the 3rd worst away defence in the league.

I-was-there1976

« Reply #125 on January 22, 2011, 05:10:23 pm by I-was-there1976 »
drfcsteve wrote:
Seriously think some people on here need to get some perspective.

i think Wickes sell it. Its on offer this weekend

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on January 22, 2011, 05:11:02 pm by Metalmicky »
MrFrost wrote:
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Balls.

A lot of good things. A bit of soft defending, a deflection from a shot has done us.

I asked SOD tongue in cheek on Wednesday if he could encourage the players shoot more often. He gave me such a dirty look !!

I keep seeing it and I keep hearing it. If only so and so took a shot when he had the chance etc. They take a pop at goal and it goes in.

we need to be more ruthless at both ends.

Sounds like Killa had a good game. Shame Keegan didn't get on especially when Wilson got injured.

Still plenty of time left to make a go of it.

Wake up and smelly the coffee pal. Scoring isn't the problem.
So what one of the goals was deflected? It makes no odds and your using it as an excuse.

We are shit at the back. We desperately need a keeper who is commanding and who inspires confidence in the back four.

I think it is plain to see there is unrest in the camp and morale is low. Something has to change and quick. Like I said, we only need to be looking in one direction.

I wouldn't say that it is plain to see unrest - based on what....????  Yet another totally over the top reaction - OK, we are going through a bad patch and are struggling without many of our first team squad, but I haven't seen any unrest - frustration perhaps, but no unrest.  Stop stirring the pot man and calm down......

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on January 22, 2011, 05:12:59 pm by MrFrost »
Metalmicky wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Balls.

A lot of good things. A bit of soft defending, a deflection from a shot has done us.

I asked SOD tongue in cheek on Wednesday if he could encourage the players shoot more often. He gave me such a dirty look !!

I keep seeing it and I keep hearing it. If only so and so took a shot when he had the chance etc. They take a pop at goal and it goes in.

Sounds like Killa had a good game. Shame Keegan didn't get on especially when Wilson got injured.

So what one of the goals was deflected? It makes no odds and your using it as an excuse.

We are shit at the back. We desperately need a keeper who is commanding and who inspires confidence in the back four.

I think it is plain to see there is unrest in the camp and morale is low. Something has to change and quick. Like I said, we only need to be looking in one direction.

I wouldn't say that it is plain to see unrest - based on what....????  Yet another totally over the top reaction - OK, we are going through a bad patch and are struggling without many of our first team squad, but I haven't seen any unrest - frustration perhaps, but no unrest.  Stop stirring the pot man and calm down......

I'll give Sullivan pushing one of his own players as an example.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on January 22, 2011, 05:15:53 pm by Metalmicky »
MrFrost wrote:
Metalmicky wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Balls.

An example of what exatcly - I can't believe you're suggesting that this indicates unrest in the camp.............  :blink:

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on January 22, 2011, 05:16:16 pm by ScillyRover »
MrFrost wrote:
Metalmicky wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Balls.

Wouldn't you if said player had pinched one of your jelly babies in a packet at the foot of the post.  :laugh:

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on January 22, 2011, 05:17:57 pm by i_ateallthepies »
MrFrost wrote:
i_ateallthepies wrote:
Top of my head, we have seven players injured all of whom would probably be selected ahead of players in the team today.

Who?
Woods? Possibly
Stock? Yes
Thomas? No
Gillet? Yes

Can't think of who the other is, but there you have 2 maybe 3 who would have got into the team. Lets stop using injuries as an excuse and face facts.

1. Martis? has been Sean's first choice
2. Dumbuya? would be ahead of Chambo for many with the  performances he put in
3. Woods? definately
4. Stock? obviously
5. Thomas? favoured ahead of Locky before injury
6. Gillet? you agree
7. Joe Mills, would be first choice if not injured and loan extension sorted.

Do you reckon we should be able to take that degree of weakening and still not be suffering?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on January 22, 2011, 05:18:49 pm by Filo »
The poor second half performances are not just away from home, they happen at home as well. We usually dominate the first half, go in at half time confident the opposition manager changes something and we can`t respond, we`re getting sussed out pretty quick these days, our substitutions are often too late to make any difference, we have one style of playing and if that does n`t work we`re f**ked!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on January 22, 2011, 05:21:01 pm by MrFrost »
i_ateallthepies wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
i_ateallthepies wrote:

Who?
Woods? Possibly
Stock? Yes
Thomas? No
Gillet? Yes

3. Woods? definately
4. Stock? obviously
6. Gillet? you agree

Do you reckon we should be able to take that degree of weakening and still not be suffering?

So Martis and Thomas would have played? What about Killa? Dumbuya is a right back so you'd play him there and JOC at left back out of position? Woods definately with Stock, Oster, Coppinger and Gillet? Wouldn't work. Mills isn't here so he doesn't come into it.

Look at it in reality, only 2 or 3 of the injured players would have made the starting line up today.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on January 22, 2011, 05:21:32 pm by Akinfenwa »
It's only away from home where we leak goals though. The defence at home is actually pretty good, believe it or not after last week.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on January 22, 2011, 05:24:46 pm by jmt »
Our best defence for me would be dumbo...killa......joc.....chambo, have we been the same without dumbo? We are looking relegation favourites at the moment, a bit of a scunny, decent going forward but gash at the back. We have got worse season on season in the championship, no more a footballing team, which is why we have managed to stay up and punch above our weight, we look every bit a league 1 club from top to bottom.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on January 22, 2011, 05:27:04 pm by MrFrost »
jmt wrote:
Our best defence for me would be dumbo...killa......joc.....chambo, have we been the same without dumbo? We are looking relegation favourites at the moment, a bit of a scunny, decent going forward but gash at the back. We have got worse season on season in the championship, no more a footballing team, which is why we have managed to stay up and punch above our weight, we look every bit a league 1 club from top to bottom.

Go and have a look at the leaue positions from our first and second years in this division.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on January 22, 2011, 05:30:40 pm by i_ateallthepies »
MrFrost wrote:
i_ateallthepies wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
i_ateallthepies wrote:

Who?
Woods? Possibly
Stock? Yes
Thomas? No
Gillet? Yes

3. Woods? definately
4. Stock? obviously
6. Gillet? you agree

So Martis and Thomas would have played? What about Killa? Dumbuya is a right back so you'd play him there and JOC at left back out of position? Woods definately with Stock, Oster, Coppinger and Gillet? Wouldn't work. Mills isn't here so he doesn't come into it.

Look at it in reality, only 2 or 3 of the injured players would have made the starting line up today.

The point is not that all of these would play, but they all would be (were) favoured ahead of players in the team presently... which is about the strength in depth.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on January 22, 2011, 05:33:56 pm by MrFrost »
i_ateallthepies wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
i_ateallthepies wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
i_ateallthepies wrote:

Who?
Woods? Possibly
Stock? Yes
Thomas? No
Gillet? Yes

3. Woods? definately
4. Stock? obviously
6. Gillet? you agree

The point is not that all of these would play, but they all would be (were) favoured ahead of players in the team presently... which is about the strength in depth.

Your original point is that they all would have played ahead of players selected today. They wouldn't. Martis and Thomas wouldn't have come in ahead of Killa. Dumbuya woudn't have come in ahead of JOC. You couldn't accomodate Woods, Stock, Gillet, Oster and Coppinger without dropping Sharp or Hayter which wouldn't have happened.

I'm sick of hearing injuries as an excuse. Time we started putting right what is actually going wrong instead of blaming it on this that and the other.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on January 22, 2011, 05:36:22 pm by i_ateallthepies »
You must be right then Frosty.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on January 22, 2011, 05:40:54 pm by Metalmicky »
MrFrost wrote:
i_ateallthepies wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
i_ateallthepies wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
i_ateallthepies wrote:

Who?
Woods? Possibly
Stock? Yes
Thomas? No
Gillet? Yes

3. Woods? definately
4. Stock? obviously
6. Gillet? you agree

Your original point is that they all would have played ahead of players selected today. They wouldn't. Martis and Thomas wouldn't have come in ahead of Killa. Dumbuya woudn't have come in ahead of JOC. You couldn't accomodate Woods, Stock, Gillet, Oster and Coppinger without dropping Sharp or Hayter which wouldn't have happened.

I'm sick of hearing injuries as an excuse. Time we started putting right what is actually going wrong instead of blaming it on this that and the other.

I'm not sure it's excuses, merely facts.  With any team if you take away two or three regulars you upset the balance of the team.  Teams who have fewer injuries and continuity tend to perform better than teams that are forced to chop and change.

For the record, it took us 28 games for us to reach 34 points last season, so we are not in such bad shape - just on a bad run.  It happens to all teams throughout the season.  I'll take our position ahead of the Blades.............  Keep smiling Frosty

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on January 22, 2011, 05:43:45 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
One thing is for certain. It is absolutely essential we pick up all three points on Tuesday night.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on January 22, 2011, 05:53:34 pm by jmt »
I'm not talking league positions, I'm talking the style of play, in our first season it was the best football I have ever seen, and also the best some opposition teams had seen, could the same be said for the last two seasons?

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on January 22, 2011, 05:55:39 pm by Barmby Rover »
Yes.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on January 22, 2011, 06:02:25 pm by besty »
On a positive slant:-

We may have 3rd worst away record in division for goals conceded but we have 4th best record for goals scored away from home!

Bet thats cheered you up eh?

Oh ok ill get me coat :S

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on January 23, 2011, 09:02:41 am by Metalmicky »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
One thing is for certain. It is absolutely essential we pick up all three points on Tuesday night.

Not really essential is it.  If we were to lose 10-0 on Tuesday, but then win our next 20 matches then our loss would pale into insignificance.................. therefore it ain't essential!

It is like people asking for 110 percent - it's totally impossible, but people still want it ........................  :silly:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on January 23, 2011, 09:45:26 am by The Red Baron »
Metalmicky wrote:
Thinwhiteduke wrote:

Not really essential is it.  If we were to lose 10-0 on Tuesday, but then win our next 20 matches then our loss would pale into insignificance.................. therefore it ain't essential!

It is like people asking for 110 percent - it's totally impossible, but people still want it ........................  :silly:

I think three points would be good, but not essential. A clean sheet would be a huge bonus as well.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on January 25, 2011, 01:32:32 pm by bobjimwilly »
I know this thread has been pretty much covered from every angle now but just wanted to say I've now watched the highlights and to I get the impression Ipswitch were fairly lucky to get the win and a draw was probably deserved by the lads. The winner was a dead fluke, going miles wide with a cheeky deflection to just manage to sneak in off the post. Hayter should have also probably equalised near the end when he hit the side netting.

Onwards and upwards - let's thrash the dingles tonight!

RTID  :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012