Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 08:57:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Take a listen  (Read 7606 times)

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
Re:Take a listen
« Reply #30 on February 07, 2011, 12:24:28 pm by DaveOfDonny »
We've got someone/people lined up, from little theatre, but me and Glynn need to meet up so he can sing the guide vocals for it, unless you just wana record it on your pc and send it over?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 07, 2011, 12:43:45 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Even if I had a mic (which I haven't), the software I use doesn't allow me to record the vocals as I would like.

I tried bouncing down your mp3 into a mono mix then created a new stereo mix with the mono mix in one channel and a new separate blank channel to add the vocals into (in order to then bounce it down into another mono mix). Unfortunately the software won't allow me to play one channel while recording into the other like a portastudio would. I might be able to *ahem* 'find' some software that will do what I want it to but I haven't got any way of doing it at the moment.

So it might be quicker and easier if I came to your equipment and recorded the guide vocals there?

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 07, 2011, 12:49:16 pm by DaveOfDonny »
My 'equipment' is just a pc with a mic plugged in :)

But yeah, let me know when your able to come over, bit busy for next couple er days, but got spare time over the weekend and next week?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 07, 2011, 01:04:44 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
My equipment is just a PC, what the difference is is the software that you're using...

Pretty much free all day Thursday, Friday evening, not Saturday (there's a match to go to!), and pretty much free after that apart from Monday evening...so let me know when's good.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 07, 2011, 01:14:03 pm by DaveOfDonny »
I'll let you know as soon as I do then mate :)

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 07, 2011, 01:55:20 pm by BRMC_rover »
DaveOfDonny wrote:
Oh yeah! Anyway, if anyone goes on my site to listen to a song, please add youself as a fan! I've recently overtaken Toby Fosters Band in the Reverb Yorkshire charts! :)

Aaanyway, does anyone remember on Donny-Mad when someone was uploadin all those photo's of the stadium construction? That was me :) I mention it because I recently logged into the backoffice and found that all the photo's had gone! whoever took over the site deleted em! Gutted :(

Anyway, back on topic, singers, any on this forum?

Track sounds good! Sounds perfectly geared for a good chorus in how you'v structured it. I have an old track on my old bands myspace that im lead vocal in. I havent seen the lyrics you have but if you want to take a listen at http://www.myspace.com/freesalute id be more than happy to have a go. It'd be an honour to be involved in anything cultural within the Rovers. I believe there's an old demo on there that isnt great but should give you an idea. (I took most recordings down when our band split as I wrote them and im tight and didnt want anyone else stealing our work.  :) )

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 07, 2011, 02:36:37 pm by DaveOfDonny »
Great stuff! Anyone and evryone is welcome, I'll let you know when were recording! It'll more than likely be at little theatre over next couple of weeks :)

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 07, 2011, 03:43:40 pm by BRMC_rover »
DaveOfDonny wrote:
Great stuff! Anyone and evryone is welcome, I'll let you know when were recording! It'll more than likely be at little theatre over next couple of weeks :)

Ah, did nt read all the 2nd page of this thread earlier and spot The Talented Mr Wigley's post. Wasnt trying to step on anyones toes, just happy to offer so that your hard work isnt stalled at needing a vocal. Happy to help if needed mind.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 07, 2011, 03:51:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Please don't be misled when I say 'guide vocal'!

As a singer I am very much at the Jeremy Hardy end of the scale!

The idea of the guide vocal is to give a rough idea of how I see the words fitting into the tune (they don't follow the beat religiously, for effect) and where I see pauses/breathing pauses also fitting in. This is purely for the benefit of whoever records the final version and not intended to be any part of that version at all.  :)

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 09, 2011, 01:29:28 am by DaveOfDonny »
Will probably have to be next week, busy all week this week, but deffinately some time next week :)

bruno

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 09, 2011, 09:18:57 am by bruno »
Hi Dave
I am a singer songwriter from Donny and a Rovers season ticket holder and following this thread with interest. I would be happy to put the vocal down for you, you can check out my new album called Electric Nights at www.myspace.com/indiegoblue or type indie-go blue in Youtube.
Cheers

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 09, 2011, 10:10:28 am by DaveOfDonny »
Awesome, will check that out :D

We're getting as many singers as we can together for the final recording, I think the verses will be done solo, and the chorus will have numerous people singing at once to give it that sort of 'chant' like feel.

I'll be in touch anyway

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 10, 2011, 12:17:53 pm by DaveOfDonny »
bruno wrote:
Hi Dave
I am a singer songwriter from Donny and a Rovers season ticket holder and following this thread with interest. I would be happy to put the vocal down for you, you can check out my new album called Electric Nights at www.myspace.com/indiegoblue or type indie-go blue in Youtube.
Cheers

Just checked it out, very good! You shall be joining our team of singers :)

bruno

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 10, 2011, 03:58:26 pm by bruno »
Hi Dave
Cool, I have sent you a friend request on Facebook so you can contact me through that.
Cheers

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 12, 2011, 01:37:24 pm by DaveOfDonny »
Don't seem to have got your friend request  :blink:

Final Battle: Rovers Edition should be played before kickoff today, as the players come out :) If not, Then Sine FM lied!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 12, 2011, 06:36:33 pm by RedJ »
They lied. It wasn't played, which is a shame, as it's good.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 13, 2011, 11:57:03 pm by RedJ »
Anything new for us? just keeping the thread alive :P

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 14, 2011, 12:01:19 am by DaveOfDonny »
just waiting to record the guide vocals, and then the final recording can take place, the song should (in theory) be finished within 2 weeks! :D

And I know! the evil guys at sine didnt play it :(

By the way, I've uploaded a non-rovers song if anyone fancies a listen, its called The Journey Home :) in the process of singing for it, but its the instrumental so far :)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 14, 2011, 12:07:56 am by RedJ »
:laugh: hopefully we'll have it at the Watford game. Might give something to look forward to (at least we'll have one thing if this shite run continues much longer :laugh:)

I was disappointed that Final Battle wasn't played yesterday (well, Saturday).

It sounds good, \"The Journey Home\", give it a listen guys :-)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 14, 2011, 12:56:19 am by Glyn_Wigley »
DaveOfDonny wrote:
just waiting to record the guide vocals

Just let me know when you want to give it a go.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 14, 2011, 02:42:22 am by DaveOfDonny »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
DaveOfDonny wrote:
just waiting to record the guide vocals

Just let me know when you want to give it a go.

Sent you an e-mail :)

bruno

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 14, 2011, 09:57:41 am by bruno »
Hi David i've sent another request on facebook,alternatively you can email me on collins-andrew118@sky.com
Cheers
Andy

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 15, 2011, 01:29:03 pm by donny dave »
David has only really been producing music from last November although the odd piece are around 12 months old.
There has been a little delay in completing this piece due to the fact he is still building up the equipment he needs (microphones & stands etc) plus the software which does not come cheap.
Added to that he is currently looking for a job so money is abit tight.(open to any offers of employment)
He currently does not earn a penney from his music and does it for the love of it.
Hopefully things will start to progress again latter this week.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012