Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:38:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: On the Topic of double dyed scumbags  (Read 1238 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
On the Topic of double dyed scumbags
« on February 04, 2011, 03:03:55 pm by Sprotyrover »
There is an Irish energy company which has been buying up loads of fuel oil suppliers in the UK they keep the origional company name and now own 60%+ of the entire market.

Fuel Oil retails at 43p per litre and they are selling it for a whopping great 72 p per litre.

All fair in love and war you might say.

but what stinks is the fact that they also own three cheap fuel finder web sites and of course they only show companies owned by them in the find cheap fule oil suppliers in your area results.

They own all of the Fuel oil suppliers within 60 mile of Hebden bridge so every poor bugger out there who is on fuel oil (and most are in rural areas)have to pay the full whack.

Its daylight robbery. :angry:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re:On the Topic of double dyed scumbags
« Reply #1 on February 04, 2011, 03:44:22 pm by BobG »
Ah but it's capitalism for you....

Must admit that trick with the web search is an original one to me. Clever - and likely to fuel the revolution....

BobG

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 04, 2011, 05:46:43 pm by Sprotyrover »
BobG wrote:

Must admit that trick with the web search is an original one to me. Clever - and likely to fuel the revolution....

BobG

Ah yes Thales of Miletus did something similar in the 6th century BC, correctly identifying good weather and a bumper Olive crop he bought up all of the Olive presses in the region and became very wealthy by charging the growers for their use B)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 04, 2011, 08:30:16 pm by BobG »
Clever man. I've not come across that anecdote before either. On a similar theme I've wondered for a while now if it would be a damn good idea for my descendants to buy up as much coastal land & property as possible as we seem likely to end up being the Costa del Sol of the later 21st century. The Mediterranean coasts are going to become semi desert so if you've got any spare cash, buy coastline!

I wondered the same about river front properties in Prague in the 12 months after their revolution. I'd been there while it was still Communist and there were simply acres and acres of semi derelict warehouses and whatnots all along the river. I didn't because it'd be difficult doing it from long range in a legal system of which no one here has any experience and with the liklihood of unpleasant local gangs. But in some ways I do wish I'd taken the plunge. They're worth a bloody fortune now.

Cheers

BobG

PS It was a better, nicer and vastly cheaper city when it was Communist!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 04, 2011, 09:31:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sprotyrover wrote:
BobG wrote:

BobG

Ah yes Thales of Miletus did something similar in the 6th century BC, correctly identifying good weather and a bumper Olive crop he bought up all of the Olive presses in the region and became very wealthy by charging the growers for their use B)

Never did quite understand that one, given that weather is a chaotic process that renders accurate long-term forecasting impossible.

Mind, they were clever in them days. They had folk who held up the sky on their shoulders, rode winged horses and fought half-bull-half-man type things.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012