Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:29:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: the club really do get things wrong  (Read 6166 times)

yapper1901

• Forum Member
Re:the club really do get things wrong
« Reply #30 on February 08, 2011, 03:16:38 pm by yapper1901 »
Filo wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:
Filo wrote:
The Burnley game was on 1st February, the bloke and his lad bought the ticket on 28th January, which on my Calendar comes before the 1st of February, if I`m wrong please simplify it for me. I saw the original article and it said they purchased before the Burnley game, which they did. It never did, or had said they purchased at the game. I don`t see what your problem is, apart from the fact that someone trumped you on being the first to get next years season ticket, I bet you`re one of those that puts your Christmas tree up in October and gets annoyed when the neighbour beats you to it!

Nah it's unlucky to put your tree up till 14 days before Christmas
They described it in the article that the guy purchased it just before the burnley game which would suggest to me it was at the burnley game
Now I guess its how you read it but by the fact they removed it from the article suggest that's what they meant and plus if he purchased it on the 28th why not just say that why say it was before the burnley game

And really I don't care because the kids story is a better one for the club it was just funny to me that they would change it for a better story. And then i carried on replying as you have people like you who have to comment on every post without reading

That`s where you`re wrong, I did read the thread and the original article, the original article didn`t say \"just before\", it said \"before\" you`re changing your slant on things to justify your original post, in different posts in this thread you have said that they purchased \"at\" the Burnley game, \"before\" the Burnley game and \"just before\" the Burnley game. Before you go on a rant, you need to establish the facts, you clearly haven`t, and you`ve had an explanation from a member of staff from the ticket office, I jokingly made a reference to contacting the Samaritans as you wouldn`t be happy about being trumped, I then in a later post asked if your reply to the explanation was an apology, you then went on to suggest that I hadn`t read the whole thread, including the article, you had no evidence of that but seemed a bit miffed that your posts were being taken apart. Who cares who` buys the first season ticket, why make a song and dance about it? it clearly pissed you off that someone beat you to it, or you wouldn`t have posted in the first place!

once again it obvious was not simple enough for you i wont explain it again as everything seems to go over your head.
one thing i will say is go and read the article now and see if you see any mention of when it was purchased and then ask yourself why it was removed.

i was never miffed by the fact someone had beat me to anything as if you read my orginal post i was under the impression at that point it was purchased at the burnley game and i was just pointing out that i had purchased before

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 08, 2011, 03:25:47 pm by Filo »
yapper1901 wrote:
Filo wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:
Filo wrote:
The Burnley game was on 1st February, the bloke and his lad bought the ticket on 28th January, which on my Calendar comes before the 1st of February, if I`m wrong please simplify it for me. I saw the original article and it said they purchased before the Burnley game, which they did. It never did, or had said they purchased at the game. I don`t see what your problem is, apart from the fact that someone trumped you on being the first to get next years season ticket, I bet you`re one of those that puts your Christmas tree up in October and gets annoyed when the neighbour beats you to it!

Nah it's unlucky to put your tree up till 14 days before Christmas
They described it in the article that the guy purchased it just before the burnley game which would suggest to me it was at the burnley game
Now I guess its how you read it but by the fact they removed it from the article suggest that's what they meant and plus if he purchased it on the 28th why not just say that why say it was before the burnley game

And really I don't care because the kids story is a better one for the club it was just funny to me that they would change it for a better story. And then i carried on replying as you have people like you who have to comment on every post without reading

That`s where you`re wrong, I did read the thread and the original article, the original article didn`t say \"just before\", it said \"before\" you`re changing your slant on things to justify your original post, in different posts in this thread you have said that they purchased \"at\" the Burnley game, \"before\" the Burnley game and \"just before\" the Burnley game. Before you go on a rant, you need to establish the facts, you clearly haven`t, and you`ve had an explanation from a member of staff from the ticket office, I jokingly made a reference to contacting the Samaritans as you wouldn`t be happy about being trumped, I then in a later post asked if your reply to the explanation was an apology, you then went on to suggest that I hadn`t read the whole thread, including the article, you had no evidence of that but seemed a bit miffed that your posts were being taken apart. Who cares who` buys the first season ticket, why make a song and dance about it? it clearly pissed you off that someone beat you to it, or you wouldn`t have posted in the first place!

once again it obvious was not simple enough for you i wont explain it again as everything seems to go over your head.
one thing i will say is go and read the article now and see if you see any mention of when it was purchased and then ask yourself why it was removed.

i was never miffed by the fact someone had beat me to anything as if you read my orginal post i was under the impression at that point it was purchased at the burnley game and i was just pointing out that i had purchased before

Ah right! you were under the impression! Thats not what your original post said! Your original post said you had beaten this kid by 5 days and the club were lying

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 08, 2011, 03:29:05 pm by The L J Monk »
No! I'm Brian!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 08, 2011, 04:13:43 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
yapper1901 wrote:

So, to sum up...the article was factually correct (which you said it wasn't), but it's still Rovers fault because they didn't predict how you would interpret it, however incorrectly?

Nice. You must be fun to live with.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 08, 2011, 04:18:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
yapper1901 wrote:
Regarding my so called error, I would say at and before are exactly the same thing especially when concerning a football game
Eg I met Paul at the game. I met Paul before the game
Now reading that statement they could mean the same if you are meet Paul at 2.30 with a 3 o'clock kick off.
I hope thats simple enough for you or would you like a diagram
Maybe next time instead of feeling the need to comment on every post you may want to read the whole thing plus the attached article I posted

What a cretin. Do you honestly not know the difference between 'at', which relates to a LOCATION and 'before' which relates a RELATIVE TIME?

Perhaps I should draw you a diagram. Probably one showing showing the dimishing returns curve of the amount of prozac your English teacher had to take.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012