Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:16:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £1000 bill on xbox  (Read 2045 times)

jucyberry

• VSC Member
£1000 bill on xbox
« on February 07, 2011, 09:52:36 pm by jucyberry »
You know, sometimes I do wonder.....Tyler isn't five till next month, and I know you always think your own are brighter than other kids but..... even at his age he knows his way around his dads Xbox and what to do and what not to do. He knows how to load up the demos ect, he also knows what not to do..I.E. running rampant buying things... He is 4....

Then you get this lad, nearly three times his age and obviously not as bright lol...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1354490/Boy-11-racks-1-000-mothers-debit-card-playing-XBox-online.html

Being in the gaming mode...dear oh dear.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re:£1000 bill on xbox
« Reply #1 on February 07, 2011, 10:01:24 pm by Nudga »
My oldest lad is five and he has never seen an xbox/playstation, and I want to keep it that way. I had a major arguement with his head mistress because they were missing important PE lessons for IT lessons. She could only justify it by saying that it is the way of the world and it helps those kids who can't read or write to speed up. WTF! And they wonder why so many kids are over weight, lazy and gormless.

I did a job at someones house last week, when the kids came home from school they were straight on the xbox. One was 4 the other was 7. Mother was obviously embarrassed and made a half arsed attempt at making them read a school book, one of them said \"but i hate reading mummy\" and she then says \"I know babe, me too\" and then lets him play on this thing with ear phones on playing against one of his mates two streets away.

I go mad when my kids bust their books, i'm not too fussed about toys getting broken but I try to drum into my boys that they should always look after books.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 07, 2011, 10:19:01 pm by jucyberry »
Books are so very important to a childs development, as a child who spent all of her primary school life being bullied my books were my best friends.. I have always tried to pass that love on to my two, Adam is badly dyslexic so has a very love hate relationship with the written word, but Stace has a book permenantly glued to her hand.

Ty loves his books, he is never content with one story tho it's always a marathon..lol

How anyone can hate reading and pass that on to their kids is beyond me.  :(

LuckyGirl

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 07, 2011, 10:56:40 pm by LuckyGirl »
My dad once told me that I could learn anything I wanted to know if I read books.
My daughter had books from the very early days - 'rag books' - and her primary teachers had to arrange for extra library books for her. I think it may be one of the few things she has thanked me for doing.
 :laugh:  :laugh:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 07, 2011, 11:04:34 pm by RedJ »
I love books. History books have always been my favourite kind (as you may know, I like history), but I do love a good story. I find it difficult to get started with reading stories because of everything going off around me, but once I get into a good book, I absolutely love it. I can't understand why people wouldn't want to read. It's a gift many waste or take for granted.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 08, 2011, 12:18:28 pm by MrFrost »
Great story. But what is Curly Sue doing with n Xbox?

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 08, 2011, 03:04:21 pm by eastender »
I don't believe for 1 minute that she failed to notice all the Xbox purchases on her monthly credit card bill for over 18 months. :silly:

Surely a single mother on a limited income with 2 kids would be more careful and would want to account for every penny spent on her credit card,especially in the light of todays credit card fraud.

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 09, 2011, 10:26:22 am by pkt_drfc »
eastender wrote:
I don't believe for 1 minute that she failed to notice all the Xbox purchases on her monthly credit card bill for over 18 months. :silly:

Surely a single mother on a limited income with 2 kids would be more careful and would want to account for every penny spent on her credit card,especially in the light of todays credit card fraud.

That's what i thought i use PS3 and when ever you buy anything from the Playstation Network you after have credits in your online account so in essence you have to have money in credit form in the PS3 account. Now i am sure it will be a similar setup on the Xbox don't know as i do not own 1 but as said above the mother would have noticed still a massive ammount to use even for the serious gamer.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 09, 2011, 04:48:27 pm by jucyberry »
Not only that but to be cruel, the boy looks like something from the Omen and the mother more of a Miss Wiplash than a chanteuse....

Actually they look like long lost munsters tbh...

Ad says the same.. the kid knew what he was doing because you are asked if you are sure you want to make a purchase...

So is it a case of a chancer trying to squeeze Micosoft in the hope of bad publicity compensation do ya recon?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012