Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:23:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Has this ever happened to you?  (Read 3493 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Has this ever happened to you?
« on February 10, 2011, 04:12:57 pm by RedJ »
Have you ever been in a game of football just for a laugh, or in PE or what have you, and you're not that good, but you play anyway? and all the better players keep the ball between themselves and leave out the less talented? I remember I used to make Lewis Guy look like David Villa in front of goal, but even then I was never left out. Does anyone find it unfair when people ARE left out of the game because they're not that good?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
Re:Has this ever happened to you?
« Reply #1 on February 10, 2011, 04:31:34 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
In P.E?

How old are you?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 10, 2011, 04:34:05 pm by RedJ »
I said PE because it then opens it up to people of all ages on here.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 10, 2011, 04:36:31 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
The original question is very odd. Is this the sort of thing that enters your mind regularly?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 10, 2011, 04:38:10 pm by RedJ »
No, was just wondering as it happened to a friend of mine the other day and he felt a bit down about it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 10, 2011, 04:42:20 pm by Filo »
I never passed the ball to anyone doing PE in plimsoles, if you wore plimsoles instead of trainers, you were obviously gay and didn`t like PE or you were crap!  :laugh:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 10, 2011, 04:44:32 pm by RedJ »
God, I remember plimsoles :laugh: vile things, a sorry excuse for footwear :laugh:

LuckyGirl

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 10, 2011, 04:50:11 pm by LuckyGirl »
I was hopeless at hockey, detested it with a passion.
I tried forgetting my hockey boots (horrid things) and my hockey stick to no avail. The teacher always put me on as wing defence - out on the sidelines and nobody ever sent me the ball.
 :(
I froze for the whole lesson every time as it was only played September to March.  :thumbdown:  

Tell your mate not to let it bother him/her.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 10, 2011, 05:21:01 pm by River Don »
Do you mean something like this?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3cayRMnVb8&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 10, 2011, 05:21:19 pm by RedJ »
LuckyGirl wrote:
I was hopeless at hockey, detested it with a passion.
I tried forgetting my hockey boots (horrid things) and my hockey stick to no avail. The teacher always put me on as wing defence - out on the sidelines and nobody ever sent me the ball.
 :(
I froze for the whole lesson every time as it was only played September to March.  :thumbdown:  

Tell your mate not to let it bother him/her.

Sounds advice, LG.
I always thought the kids who were either shit at football, or unpopular with their classmates ended up being the referee?

That happened at our place too  :laugh:

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 10, 2011, 06:25:23 pm by Nudga »
Jesus Henry Christ! This must be an all time low for the forum.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 10, 2011, 08:22:16 pm by jucyberry »
See the ball??? I never got picked till just about last. Hated PE with a passion.. used to really envy one girl cos she has asthma and just had to hold the tape..pmsl...

Loved tennis mind you....

With girls PE can be too much of a popularity/in crowd type lesson.. if you aren't sporty or worse still a chubby child, you don't stand a chance..

I seem to remember lots of please can Deborah be excused from games today as it's her time of the month/she has had an accident  and damaged her knee/nearly cut her finger off notes in the first two years of secondary school..  :laugh:

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 10, 2011, 08:36:35 pm by DonnyRTID »
\"Does anyone find it unfair when people ARE left out of the game because they're not that good?\"

Is this your psychoanalysis of a thread created earlier in the week RedJ. :)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 10, 2011, 08:57:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I always thought the kids who were either shit at football, or unpopular with their classmates ended up being the referee?

:dry:

I always thought they ended up writing about football.

Withdrawn M'Lud, withdrawn.

donnyjay

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 10, 2011, 09:23:47 pm by donnyjay »
I've been in a few pubs where, despite the fact that other people were drinking, they've refused to serve me.

Does that count?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 10, 2011, 09:25:56 pm by mushRTID »
RedJ wrote:
Have you ever been in a game of football just for a laugh, or in PE or what have you, and you're not that good, but you play anyway? and all the better players keep the ball between themselves and leave out the less talented? I remember I used to make Lewis Guy look like David Villa in front of goal, but even then I was never left out. Does anyone find it unfair when people ARE left out of the game because they're not that good?

Seriously, is this a joke?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 10, 2011, 09:46:10 pm by Al4475 »
Rigo wrote:
always thought the kids who were either shit at football, or unpopular with their classmates ended up being the referee?

Not quite, at our school those kinda kids ended up being the goalie - then everyone realised I was actually pretty good at that and soon I became one of the first picked - oh the joy! Ha! :P

donnyjay

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 10, 2011, 09:54:21 pm by donnyjay »
donnyjay wrote:
I've been in a few pubs where, despite the fact that other people were drinking, they've refused to serve me.

Does that count?

I even offered to mop the sick up myself but no, they were adamant I should put my cock away and leave immediately.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 10, 2011, 10:16:57 pm by RedJ »
mushRTID wrote:
RedJ wrote:

Seriously, is this a joke?

No, it isn't. I was just asking for an opinion.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 10, 2011, 10:24:50 pm by Nudga »
donnyjay wrote:
donnyjay wrote:

Does that count?

I even offered to mop the sick up myself but no, they were adamant I should put my cock away and leave immediately.

Enter donnyjay who puts the forum back on top just before I go to bed. Nice one.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 11, 2011, 12:51:46 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
RedJ wrote:

:chair:

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 11, 2011, 08:58:36 am by belton rover »
RedJ wrote:
No, was just wondering as it happened to a friend of mine the other day and he felt a bit down about it.

Tell your (ahem) mate to choose cooking and needlework for his options.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 11, 2011, 04:02:21 pm by RedJ »
:laugh: it actually was a friend :laugh: if it was me I'd say :laugh: I know I'm shit at it

TinyPortal © 2005-2012