Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:33:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Equality.......?  (Read 1198 times)

jucyberry

• VSC Member
Equality.......?
« on February 11, 2011, 08:30:56 pm by jucyberry »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1356075/Teenage-boy-wanted-join-Girl-Guides-accuses-organisation-sexual-discrimination-turned-away.html

Now, this article caught my eye and to be honest I am rather shocked by the double standards involved.. AS you know, I am not in the least a feminist, or womens libbist or what ever they call themselves these days and I have to say things like this are precisely why.

I just don't understand why boys have to accept girls into the Scouts, but girlies need non-boy time and lads aren't allowed into the Brownies.....Not that any lad I have ever known would ever want to or at least admit to ever wanting to join anyway...  :dry:

How can it ever be equality when it isnt a two way street?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re:Equality.......?
« Reply #1 on February 11, 2011, 08:52:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
A bloke who sees a woman exposing her bits is a peeping Tom!
A woman who sees a bloke exposing his bits is the victim of a flasher!
 :ohmy:  :huh:

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
Re:Equality.......?
« Reply #2 on February 11, 2011, 08:52:48 pm by gillinghamrover »
Equality unfortunatley is never a two way street!  For instance Females can join our armed forces(and rightly so). In for instance the Corps (Royal Engineers, Signals, Electrical and Mechanical Engineeers) females are traded the same as their male counterparts and are payed the same rate of pay accordingly(and again rightly so if the are doing the same job), the equality ends there! The femlale soldier has longer to do fitness tests, carries less weight in fitness tests, doesnt have to do as many sit ups/press ups, yet they are paid the same as their male counterparts. I could eleborate more to the \"equality issue\" within the armed forces but I`ve not the time or the inclanation!
Some may argue that females are not as physically robust as their male counterparts, but hey equality should mean equality all of the time, not just some of the time and be part of our wonderful tick in the box society so bosses can claim that they are not sexist........rant over I`m off fo a beer!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012