Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:49:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Signed Rovers Shirt For Sale - For Charity  (Read 3771 times)

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
Signed Rovers Shirt For Sale - For Charity
« on February 11, 2011, 09:20:15 pm by DaveDRFC »
I have got a signed Rovers shirt which I have framed and am now selling to raise money for the British Lung Foundation, as part of my London Marathon fund raising effort.

Just wondering if anyone on here has any other ideas of how to do this other than eBay? I know that is the easiest way but I want to keep costs to a minimum with all the proceeds going to charity. If I can't think of a good way it'll be on eBay over the weekend.

Shirt is shown below...

and is signed by Neil Sullivan, James O'Connor, George Friend, Shelton Martis, Wayne Thomas, James Chambers, Martin Woods, Steve Brooker, Billy Sharp, Ryan Mason, Simon Gillett, Byron Webster, James Coppinger, Matt Kilgallon and Gary Woods.

Also, just want to say thanks to Liam at DRFC for sorting this out for me, cheers!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MiKA

• Forum Member
Re:Signed Rovers Shirt For Sale - For Charity
« Reply #1 on February 11, 2011, 09:25:23 pm by MiKA »
ebay may well be your best bet matey, good luck for the marathon and for raising lots of funds, i'd give you £60 for it   ;)

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 11, 2011, 09:32:35 pm by yapper1901 »
DaveDRFC wrote:
I have got a signed Rovers shirt which I have framed and am now selling to raise money for the British Lung Foundation, as part of my London Marathon fund raising effort.

Just wondering if anyone on here has any other ideas of how to do this other than eBay? I know that is the easiest way but I want to keep costs to a minimum with all the proceeds going to charity. If I can't think of a good way it'll be on eBay over the weekend.

Shirt is shown below...

and is signed by Neil Sullivan, James O'Connor, George Friend, Shelton Martis, Wayne Thomas, James Chambers, Martin Woods, Steve Brooker, Billy Sharp, Ryan Mason, Simon Gillett, Byron Webster, James Coppinger, Matt Kilgallon and Gary Woods.

Also, just want to say thanks to Liam at DRFC for sorting this out for me, cheers!

£80 here it's my brothers 30 and this would be perfect present plus you save on insertion fee and delivery as I would pick it up

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 11, 2011, 09:42:21 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
For the cause I will go to £100, over to you chaps.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 11, 2011, 09:48:17 pm by DaveDRFC »
Wow, wasn't expecting this!! Looks like it's turning into a VSC auction!

With the permission of the mods of course, how about we set an end time of 20:00 on Sunday for this auction? Whoever wins pays the final amount to my fundraising page (http://www.justgiving.com/DavidBurkitt-London2011) and I will meet them on Tuesday night before the Ipswich game to hand over the shirt?

Thank you to everyone for your interest!

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 11, 2011, 09:58:51 pm by Old Popsider »
:scarf: Mods - I reckon this is such a good cause that after a 2 minute conflab between you all, permission should be given for the auction.

At least the shirt would go to a true Rovers supporter, not just a trophy hunter who would probably sell it on for profit.

Love to bid but haven't got the proverbial pot at the moment  :(

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 11, 2011, 10:04:12 pm by yapper1901 »
Goldthorpe Rover wrote:
For the cause I will go to £100, over to you chaps.

Too much for me

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 11, 2011, 10:30:36 pm by wilts rover »
DaveDRFC wrote:

No-one would give Brian Stock a pen and John Oster shopping in Meadowhall?

Good luck Dave

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 11, 2011, 11:30:26 pm by 5minstogo »
wilts rover wrote:
DaveDRFC wrote:

No-one would give Brian Stock a pen and John Oster shopping in Meadowhall?

Good luck Dave

£120 here!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 12, 2011, 09:20:15 am by hoolahoop »
Great idea, pity this would have made a great prize for a fans forum the next being in Thorne btw........hope you raise a lot fella.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 12, 2011, 11:49:12 am by Donnywolf »
I will return it to the top for you ... and get 1 post nearer 800

I would personally slap it on E-Bay for an opening bid of £120 knowing you have had that \"bid\" already. In that way you will reach many more Rovers fans than even this \"massive\" Forum has as members

Deliver for free in Donny area as that is probably where the biggest interest will come - or hand it over at a Game to an exile.

Take the fees out of the total and no one could have any quarrel with that surely

Good luck

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 12, 2011, 09:09:50 pm by DaveDRFC »
Thanks for the comments DW, but now we've started I'd like to see it through and give a fellow forum member the chance to own it.

So, just under 23 hours to go and the current high bidder is 5minstogo with £120.

Auction ends at 20:00 tomorrow, good luck everyone who is interested!

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 13, 2011, 06:33:35 pm by DaveDRFC »
Somebody I know has seen this on Facebook and texted me as he is not a member of the forum. He has tried to join but has not had a confirmation email back, tried to register as AndrewS. He has bid £130 for the shirt.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 13, 2011, 07:59:48 pm by MiKA »
£135   ;)

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 13, 2011, 08:12:53 pm by DaveDRFC »
Well done MiKA on the winning bid! I can either meet you before the Ipswich game on Tuesday or PM me and we can sort out meeting another time, once payment is received of course ;-)

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 13, 2011, 08:17:10 pm by MiKA »
Cheers Dave, its a lot of money for a shirt but it is a Rovers shirt and it is for a good cause   :)

I'm just popping out for an hour but when I get back i'll send off the money, I live in Belle Vue so to meet before the game.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 13, 2011, 10:02:11 pm by DaveDRFC »
Sounds good to me! Thanks again!

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 13, 2011, 10:03:06 pm by MiKA »
There you go Dave all sorted   B)

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 13, 2011, 10:11:29 pm by DaveDRFC »
Brilliant! Almost half way there now!

Have sent you a PM regarding me getting the shirt over to you safely.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012