Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:53:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Billy  (Read 8827 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re:Billy
« Reply #60 on February 15, 2011, 04:51:43 pm by ravenrover »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
I think you ought to read a little less selectively TRB. It's bad for discussion if you read only what backs up your argument and ignore the rest:

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=57&func=view&catid=999999&id=138517#138752

I'll expand on what I said there. Sharp is a superb player, and when he's got his head straight he is, as I said barely a week ago on here, \"without question the best centre forward I have seen in nigh on 40 years as a fan.\" I aslo said, \"He is clearly a better player than Heffernan. It'd take an idiot to argue otherwise and I have never done so. It's also take an idiot to suggest that other people might think so, and there are a few on here who fall into that category.\"

All that said, it gets my goat when people are upset by facts. And the facts are that, removing penalties from the equation, Sharp's goalscoring record for us (0.38 goalsd per start) is actually only just better than Hayter's over the last two years in the Championship (0.36 goals per start) and in fact NOT as good as Heffernan's (0.40 goals per start).

Those are facts. Pure and simple. You can put whatever gloss you want on them, but don't come slagging people off for posting facts.

I'll repeat. That does not mean that I think Heffernan is a better all round player than Sharp. He's clearly not and I have said so explicitly just this week if you care to look with an non-jaundiced eye. But it adds some interesting facts to the debate over whether Sharp is a goalscorer non-pareil and whether he is justified in playing the spolied prima donna act that he's been putting on since he publicly slagged off the rest of the side after the Ipswich and Barnsley matches.

My take is that even if Sharp was scoring a goal a game and personally carrying the side on his own back in a way that is utterly irreplacable, he STILL wouldn't have the right to act like that. As it is, someone should tell him in words of one syllable to concentrate on his own game.

Now, is there a single word of that that you disagree with? If not can we please move on. And please don't selectively mis-quote me in future. It does no-one any good.

Now another quote from BST
Why do folk insist on bringing up Paul Heffernan? I'm bemused! Some people just can't move on...

: :P  :P  :P P

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 15, 2011, 04:53:37 pm by benaldo »
Hayter is a simply brillaint player. No theatrics, no silly t-shirts, no running his mouth off every time he's offside, no slagging off his team-mates (must be tempting though!), just hard work, intelligence, and goals/assists. I think Sharp is an excellent player, but he's a crap lone striker. Get him a decent partner to play alongside and he'll bang them in, put him on his own and hoof the ball, aimlessly up to all 5' 8\" of him and he'll lose the ball every time. It's not rocket science, so why can't SOD see this??? :headbang:

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on February 15, 2011, 05:39:30 pm by dumbroofer »
well benaldo is this the reason billys having a rest tonight

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on February 15, 2011, 05:39:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
ravenrover wrote:
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
I think you ought to read a little less selectively TRB. It's bad for discussion if you read only what backs up your argument and ignore the rest:

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=57&func=view&catid=999999&id=138517#138752

I'll expand on what I said there. Sharp is a superb player, and when he's got his head straight he is, as I said barely a week ago on here, \"without question the best centre forward I have seen in nigh on 40 years as a fan.\" I aslo said, \"He is clearly a better player than Heffernan. It'd take an idiot to argue otherwise and I have never done so. It's also take an idiot to suggest that other people might think so, and there are a few on here who fall into that category.\"

All that said, it gets my goat when people are upset by facts. And the facts are that, removing penalties from the equation, Sharp's goalscoring record for us (0.38 goalsd per start) is actually only just better than Hayter's over the last two years in the Championship (0.36 goals per start) and in fact NOT as good as Heffernan's (0.40 goals per start).

Those are facts. Pure and simple. You can put whatever gloss you want on them, but don't come slagging people off for posting facts.

I'll repeat. That does not mean that I think Heffernan is a better all round player than Sharp. He's clearly not and I have said so explicitly just this week if you care to look with an non-jaundiced eye. But it adds some interesting facts to the debate over whether Sharp is a goalscorer non-pareil and whether he is justified in playing the spolied prima donna act that he's been putting on since he publicly slagged off the rest of the side after the Ipswich and Barnsley matches.

My take is that even if Sharp was scoring a goal a game and personally carrying the side on his own back in a way that is utterly irreplacable, he STILL wouldn't have the right to act like that. As it is, someone should tell him in words of one syllable to concentrate on his own game.

Now, is there a single word of that that you disagree with? If not can we please move on. And please don't selectively mis-quote me in future. It does no-one any good.

Now another quote from BST
Why do folk insist on bringing up Paul Heffernan? I'm bemused! Some people just can't move on...

: :P  :P  :P P

And some fell on stony ground eh?

SpaceShowerTeleVision

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 15, 2011, 08:34:38 pm by SpaceShowerTeleVision »
Filo wrote:
Amd next year we'll all wonder where the goals are coming from!

What goals?

Read the form last eight games including tonight at 20.30hrs

LLLWLLLL

GF - 3
GA - 19

TinyPortal © 2005-2012