Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:15:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: More reason for a singing/drumming section.  (Read 3894 times)

shaun from thorne

• Forum Member
More reason for a singing/drumming section.
« on February 12, 2011, 06:08:32 pm by shaun from thorne »
After todays arguements in the south stand about having 2 drummers i think we need a section for singers and drummers.To see fans from the same side argueing about a drum is sad so some body do something and let every one do what thay want,sing,drum or nothing and everybody will be happy,or not.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spankster

• Forum Member
Re:More reason for a singing/drumming section.
« Reply #1 on February 12, 2011, 06:53:51 pm by Spankster »
The guy complaining was a total cock, he made himself look like a cock!

Oh and a complaint is going in to the rovers about him calling Jack (one of the drummers) a Black bas**rd!!!

I thought this thing was frowned upon, racism out and all that?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 12, 2011, 06:57:50 pm by MrFrost »
Did you bring the racism to the attention of a steward? Not much anyone can do unless it was highlighted at the time.

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 12, 2011, 07:02:57 pm by Spankster »
Jack did but nothing was done about it

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 12, 2011, 10:33:06 pm by DRFCTom »
What actually happened?

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 12, 2011, 10:59:05 pm by Old Popsider »
Spankster wrote:
Jack did but nothing was done about it

Report said steward/s to the club along with the complaint.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 12, 2011, 11:06:25 pm by RedJ »
Spankster wrote:
The guy complaining was a total cock, he made himself look like a cock!

Oh and a complaint is going in to the rovers about him calling Jack (one of the drummers) a Black bas**rd!!!

I thought this thing was frowned upon, racism out and all that?

That's a disgrace.

The only black bas**rds are the bas**rds in black.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 12, 2011, 11:08:29 pm by donnievic »
Must admit i sit near the drum and don't want it banging in my ears every few seconds,it also drowns out what little bit of singing their is and not even a decent drummer but if that was said he was bang out of order(no pun intended) and no need for it at all

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 12, 2011, 11:18:38 pm by hoolahoop »
I'm in the SS if you don't like the drumming then move to the right of the SS.
This is supposed to be a 'Kop End' not a Library.
Btw Wakey (Jack) sorry you should have to put up with this abuse ........get it reported in writing. Quite simply it's totally unacceptable.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 13, 2011, 08:58:45 am by donnievic »
and why should i hav to move just cos its the so called kop.i have been there since the 1st game and wont be moving and wouldnt be surprised if there is no drum there tuesday with the drummer having scissors on him at the game

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 13, 2011, 02:37:52 pm by benaldo »
And who decided it was a \"kop\"?? What a laugh.

I don't like the drumming in any form, it's contrived and pointless. The pompey fans showed you how to make noise properly, they had all of their fans singing, the drumming was secondary to the singing. In our case the sad thumping of the drum is usually the only thing coming from the supose'd \"Kop\"! While I don't like drumming, I have to say that the drummer, regardless of ethnic background, gender, sexuality, religious beliefs, disability, has improved no end, and he was pretty good on saturday. Shame the \"Kop\" crowd weren't up to much.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 13, 2011, 03:03:41 pm by hoolahoop »
benaldo wrote:
And who decided it was a \"kop\"?? What a laugh.

I don't like the drumming in any form, it's contrived and pointless. The pompey fans showed you how to make noise properly, they had all of their fans singing, the drumming was secondary to the singing. In our case the sad thumping of the drum is usually the only thing coming from the supose'd \"Kop\"! While I don't like drumming, I have to say that the drummer, regardless of ethnic background, gender, sexuality, religious beliefs, disability, has improved no end, and he was pretty good on saturday. Shame the \"Kop\" crowd weren't up to much.

There we go again the 'you ' word ffs if you're on a Kop end ..........there should never be a YOU but a WE.
What is it with our supporters , some moan and make comments about drumming and/or the level of vocal support and count themselves out of it or perhaps above it. They want to attract both young and old into a stadium devoid of any atmosphere whilst quietly sitting on their own fookin hands.......it makes me seethe!  :angry:

The young lads try their best to lift the atmosphere for you and all you do is slag them off.......drumming is NOT contrived and pointless it's called a bold effort at support.

This team of ours currently need it.................

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 13, 2011, 03:23:28 pm by RedJ »
I'll tell you what was f**king brilliant yesterday - there was a really shallow noise coming from the back of the SS (not sure if this was t'other drum or someone hitting the boards) t do the cirque de Paris thing, then when it got to the part where we sing, there was a huge explosion of noise, and the other drum started banging loud as f**k. It was fantastic, and it scared the shit out of my mate :laugh:

Rover By The Tyne

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 13, 2011, 03:33:33 pm by Rover By The Tyne »
In all fairness to the lads they are tying to create a atmosphere, which is something that the Keepmoat hasn't managed to grasp over the last few seasons. Our away support at times in second to none. We sang almost 90mins straight at Millwall and Gary Woods complimented it on twitter saying it was a great atmosphere. They should have a 'drfc away supporters, home section' so those who want to create an atmosphere and do every away game can gather at one place at home games. if you catch me drift.

DRFCDANNY

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 13, 2011, 03:52:07 pm by DRFCDANNY »
Our fans are terrible end of , nothing will change this.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 13, 2011, 03:55:55 pm by hoolahoop »
Totally agree, I'm still a supporter not just a viewer..........count me in. More atmosphere, better team display and ergo more folk will come.
Why do some of our so called supporters feel as though they've already done their bit ? If you have then sit elsewhere donnievic and others, this is supposed (i.e the SS) to be our Kop.
You can sit and appreciate every aspect of the game and write up your match notes at your leisure then without all those nasty ''noisy'' supporters messing up your nice quiet afternoon of togger.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 13, 2011, 04:05:20 pm by donnievic »
its just the drum that i dont like,we go on saying our away support is great but how many of those games have we needed the drum there to create it.its just the same shit banging on the thing

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 13, 2011, 04:06:16 pm by Filo »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 13, 2011, 04:30:15 pm by MrFrost »
Keep on drumming.
Least you are making an effort to get the atmosphere going. Credit to you.

DRFC.drummer

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 13, 2011, 04:41:39 pm by DRFC.drummer »
im the drummer on the the big drum and just to let you know i will be at the game on tuesday and the stewards will have my scissors as usual.. on the other hand jack want be on the smaller one as he has to work.. it was a trial to see how it worked and personally i thought it was really good, but whats the point of having 2 if every game its just going to causes hassel for us. but there is a meeting tomorrow morning about there being 2 drums and from what it looks like in the future it will just be me and my big drum due to too many complaints!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 13, 2011, 04:55:49 pm by RedJ »
Here's an idea - why not co-ordinate your drumming efforts? you could even have a bit of interaction going on between the stands (or sections of the SS).

shaun from thorne

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 13, 2011, 05:32:46 pm by shaun from thorne »
Fair play to you for creating an atmosphere but when you  look back the smc should of pointed out the singing/drumming section that they wanted every body to be in (THE COP )so anybody who does not like it could of sat elsewhere.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 13, 2011, 06:13:23 pm by donnievic »
well they didnt and nothing was said and at belle vue the singers was on the side.i havent got a big problem with the one drum to start the atmosphere off but thinks it should be just the fans to keep it going.and if gonna go on smc rules then no one should be standing in the gangways in the 1st place

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 13, 2011, 06:16:19 pm by MrFrost »
Rules are made to be broken. Take a few flares in as well. That would look good.

shaun from thorne

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 13, 2011, 07:24:19 pm by shaun from thorne »
If you want to state the rules then no body should be stood up....playing a drum or anything else,no body should be be tying there drum to safety barriers where people might rely on them to get out of the stadium.The stewards must enforce the rules to the letter of the law....wouldn't it be a boring place.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 13, 2011, 08:00:43 pm by RedJ »
Some of the rules are pathetic, really, which is why we ignore them as well as the stewards.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 13, 2011, 09:05:23 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
This will roll on and on...We are in the unfortunate predicament where people will be stubborn and stay put –

‘I pay my money, why should I sing’
‘I don’t like the noise’
‘they’re all spotty kids making a racket'

Our problem is the fans’ culture at the KMS. Man City, Pompey, Newcastle United are all up for it, mad for it on a Saturday and will be inconvenienced to once in a while rise their voice and maybe even stand up.

I don’t think anyone has the right to bemoan the players or boo them if their not actually putting in a bit of effort in themselves. The club have made SS ST cheaper to try and create a ‘Kop’ ; we would rather pay the extra and stand where we do and not  have someone moan at us for standing. We’ll never get over the problem until the create a designated, non-allocated seats seating area where it’s 1st come first served every week, we all stand, we all sing, we’re all Rovers.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 13, 2011, 09:10:42 pm by RedJ »
That's actually what I've been arguing for years. We pay them for entry to the ground. Why can they not just give us an entry pass and people sit wherever they like? You can get around the stadium (apart from the away end) by walking round the top rows anyway.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 13, 2011, 09:20:15 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
RedJ wrote:
That's actually what I've been arguing for years. We pay them for entry to the ground. Why can they not just give us an entry pass and people sit wherever they like? You can get around the stadium (apart from the away end) by walking round the top rows anyway.

I agree. They do this at West Brom and if you've ever been there...it's electric, they stand for the duration and enjoy their Saturday afternoon. People are bemused why the crowds are so low, I know why - Matchday experience. It's zero!! Go to Hull, they stoke the fans up...at least with a non-allocated seating area we'd be able to make it a more intimidating place to come. Sure, people will moan and refuse to move, but if you're going to make an omlette you're going to have to break a few eggs.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 14, 2011, 02:18:20 pm by DonnyRTID »
Eggsactly  :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012