Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:37:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: BROOKER  (Read 2885 times)

grayx

• Forum Member
BROOKER
« on February 13, 2011, 11:31:17 pm by grayx »
I apologise if this has been covered already, but is Brooker injured again? I realise that he played 80mins the other week & I'm hoping he hasn't burn himself out. We really need someone up front to get Sharp motivated again.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re:BROOKER
« Reply #1 on February 13, 2011, 11:52:09 pm by RedJ »
Apparently he's just failed a fitness test and should be OK for Ipswich. Hope that's the case.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 14, 2011, 01:23:50 am by Viking Don »
He'd not started a game for almost two years before Millwall, and with games coming thick and fast he'll be used at Sean's discretion. He's hardly going to chuck him into the side for every game after such a lengthy injury, you have to think of the player, not the fans.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 14, 2011, 04:23:29 pm by grayx »
Viking Don wrote:
He'd not started a game for almost two years before Millwall, and with games coming thick and fast he'll be used at Sean's discretion. He's hardly going to chuck him into the side for every game after such a lengthy injury, you have to think of the player, not the fans.

I realise that,but surely a place on the bench when we're desperately short of strikers would have made sense.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 14, 2011, 07:01:54 pm by Wellred »
I saw Steve Brooker being interviewed in the Hospitality lounge after the Burnely game and to be fair he seems a really nice bloke and really wants to be playing again but..........................being honest what a total waste of money.
Not the bloke's fault but something was seriously wrong when we sign a player who was crocked when we signed him and after almost 2 years he still hasn't played 90 minutes and will no doubt be released at the end of the season.
But then again............................who knows?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 14, 2011, 07:02:30 pm by Wellred »
I saw Steve Brooker being interviewed in the Hospitality lounge after the Burnely game and to be fair he seems a really nice bloke and really wants to be playing again but..........................being honest what a total waste of money.
Not the bloke's fault but something was seriously wrong when we sign a player who was crocked when we signed him and after almost 2 years he still hasn't played 90 minutes and will no doubt be released at the end of the season.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 14, 2011, 07:32:18 pm by RedJ »
Sean must know something we don't. I doubt he'd have kept faith in Steve this long if he wasn't worth it, that's all I can think of anyway.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 14, 2011, 07:36:53 pm by Wellred »
He kept faith with a certain number 7 for an awfully long time didn't he?

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 14, 2011, 07:39:15 pm by dumbroofer »
and how we miss him now welred

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 14, 2011, 07:48:24 pm by Wellred »
are you serious?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 14, 2011, 08:12:48 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Wellred wrote:

You only have to put it into context of the timing of his signing.  In our first season in the Championship, we were bottom of the table after half a season of dominating games but with no cutting edge to put the ball in the net.

It was obvious we were crying out for a proven Championship striker, but not a hope in hell of affording one.  It was the only way we were ever going to get one and a gamble that SO'D had to take.

Nobody knew the extent of the problem with Brooker's fitness when we took him.  Hindsight eh?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 14, 2011, 09:00:12 pm by Wellred »
Actually thats not correct. We did know, we just didn't know how long it would take to clear it up.
Anyway do you really think it makes any kind of sense even if you are stoney broke to sign someone who is crocked?

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 14, 2011, 09:24:48 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
Crocked but still taking the wage for over two years now. Not good buisness any way you look at it.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 14, 2011, 10:07:26 pm by Savvy »
Goldthorpe Rover wrote:
Crocked but still taking the wage for over two years now. Not good buisness any way you look at it.

He signed a contract, and Rovers agreed to sign him in all good faith! Hindsight on the other hand is 20/20!!

Ollie the Legend!

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 14, 2011, 10:16:54 pm by Ollie the Legend! »
Thought he was on a pay-as-you-play contract?

VikingJames

« Reply #15 on February 14, 2011, 11:03:28 pm by VikingJames »
Ollie the Legend! wrote:
Thought he was on a pay-as-you-play contract?

He must have gone hungry for the past 2 years then!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012