Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:35:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: BROUGHT IT ON OURSELVES  (Read 1296 times)

gavuez1723

• VSC Member
BROUGHT IT ON OURSELVES
« on February 15, 2011, 09:46:20 am by gavuez1723 »
Am I the only person in the world that thought Portsmouth tried (& succeeded) to stop us playing football by kicking the crap out of us & since the officials were piss poor, they got away with it?  :headbang:

Yes, we have hit a bad run of form - every team does; SOD needs to make some definitive decisions on player position & team selection & Mr Sharp needs to chill & stop spitting his dummy out (No player is bigger than the club - Although I don’t think the club are helping themselves on this one).

I saw a massive improvement from near on every player against Burnley (Even Gormless George), I thought we were unfortunate against Millwall & bullied against Portsmouth…I think that given the form of other teams in the league we should be safe enough this season but I won't count my chickens.

The problem for me is I think the club put too much pressure on itself with the arrival of Matt Kilgallon (who needs to start showing me something soon) & this whole Destination Premiership malarkey.

I realise that we are where we are because of Mr Ryan’s great vision & input which I am very grateful for, but I do believe that if we had just gotten on with the job in hand quietly instead of bigging ourselves up & heaping more pressure onto our team then this season may have panned out a lot differently.

I personally would prefer to stabilize ourselves as a solid Championship side for a few more seasons yet before taking on the mammoth task of reaching the promised land although I would take a season as the Premiership whipping boys to secure the long term future of my club – because that’s just the type of fan I am!!  :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
Re:BROUGHT IT ON OURSELVES
« Reply #1 on February 15, 2011, 09:58:09 am by Dimples-D »
No you are not the only one that thinks that. I do also.. I agree with the rest of the post as well...

irishcontingent

• Forum Member
Re:BROUGHT IT ON OURSELVES
« Reply #2 on February 15, 2011, 10:00:52 am by irishcontingent »
I don't remember this \"destination premiership\" malarky, who said it and when?.
Perhaps it was a fan who said that, and some climbed on board.

Fans expectations were fuelled in 2 ways, firstly the signing of Sharp, record fee, proven goalscorer etc etc.

Secondly \"Blackpool\", yes if little Blackpool can do it so can little old Donny.

Problem there is \"Blackpool\" know no other way than to attack, sometimes it works for them, sometimes not. Doncaster dont play that way, Doncaster essentially set up not to be beaten.

So its not really the club who have raised expectation, its the likes of you and me and 8K others, the fans.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012