Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 10:17:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sam Hird  (Read 5376 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re:Sam Hird
« Reply #30 on February 16, 2011, 06:52:29 pm by RedJ »
goalkick wrote:
i am sure sam is a very comitted player, he always trys his best, put agood c/h in the middle alongside him and im sure this help the situation. everyone knows this is the position we are lacking since the loss of shackell.pity we cannot unload some of our deadwood to obtain one quality c/h. dont blame sam for all our troubles.

Well we saw that when he was with Jimmy. It worked. Then we went and changed it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 16, 2011, 06:57:49 pm by scuzzer »
benaldo wrote:
askernred wrote:
Benaldo, you are a 1st class idiot, you sit there bragging about you pay this and that to sit in the East Stand etc etc. I dont think i have ever seen you give a compliment to any of the players??

Yes we all have opinions but you are savage, we have to make the best of what we have and get behind them 'Till we Die'??? You may be right in your opinion but until you become the Rovers manager and make the decisions/choices i take what you and other fans say with a pinch of salt. I have coached from under 6's through to open age and believe me its frustrating when you have worked on things that dont come to fruition in a game. We have never had a team that on paper is better than the other but what we have had is team spirit, togetherness, taking responsibility. None of which has been visable for nigh on 2 month barring the odd game or 20 min spell.

The board, management and players will be feeling the pressure big style right now and its part of our responsibility to back them/get behind them/support them not rush home to log on and slate certain individuals!

I bow to your greater knowledge. I'm guessing Sam would get a game in your \"under sixs\" side then. Not that I've ever bragged about where I sit, and not that it's any of your business either, but for your tiny \"six years and up\" brain, I'm not an idiot. I don't think anything I've said about Hird is unfair. If he didn't single handedly cost us 3 goals tonight I'll take back all I've ever said about him. Or course, I don't benefit from your immense footballing knowledge, but I do know a donkey when I see one wearing a sombrero and giving rides on the beach. All this \"get behind the team\" stuff you can stick up your harris. I was there every match 10+ years ago when we had nothing to fight for and looked like dying...were you?, so don't tell me about not getting behind the team.

I wish Hird was brilliant, I have nothing personal against him, and there were plenty others who were also poor tonight, but I've never seen a player do so much damage to a team in one match as Hird did tonight. It was amazing.....

I won't point out the obvious about you too being on the forum after the game. Please feel free to ignore any of my posts in future. I am entitiled to my opinion, as is everyone on here, I admire many of the players, Hayter, Keegan, Mills, Oster, Stock, Sharp, Coppinger are all excellent players, but I won't say Hird is any less than terrible. I'm sure what I say will have zero effect on anything. And if we never had opinions on here other than \"everything is brilliant all of the time\" this forum would be a much less interesting place.

Seriously Benaldo, you lose a hell of a lot of impact when you're criticising Sam and then say in the next breath that you admire what Keegan brings.

The bloke's f**king hopeless, he brings nothing to the team whatsoever, if he's meant to be the midfield hardman why the hell doesn't he wade in and take the game by the scruff of the neck instead of fannying about doing nowt and laying a 2yd pass every time he gets the ball. He wouldn't stand out in a conference team never mind championship one.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 16, 2011, 07:03:47 pm by Wellred »
scuzzer wrote:
benaldo wrote:
askernred wrote:
Benaldo, you are a 1st class idiot, you sit there bragging about you pay this and that to sit in the East Stand etc etc. I dont think i have ever seen you give a compliment to any of the players??

Yes we all have opinions but you are savage, we have to make the best of what we have and get behind them 'Till we Die'??? You may be right in your opinion but until you become the Rovers manager and make the decisions/choices i take what you and other fans say with a pinch of salt. I have coached from under 6's through to open age and believe me its frustrating when you have worked on things that dont come to fruition in a game. We have never had a team that on paper is better than the other but what we have had is team spirit, togetherness, taking responsibility. None of which has been visable for nigh on 2 month barring the odd game or 20 min spell.

The board, management and players will be feeling the pressure big style right now and its part of our responsibility to back them/get behind them/support them not rush home to log on and slate certain individuals!

I bow to your greater knowledge. I'm guessing Sam would get a game in your \"under sixs\" side then. Not that I've ever bragged about where I sit, and not that it's any of your business either, but for your tiny \"six years and up\" brain, I'm not an idiot. I don't think anything I've said about Hird is unfair. If he didn't single handedly cost us 3 goals tonight I'll take back all I've ever said about him. Or course, I don't benefit from your immense footballing knowledge, but I do know a donkey when I see one wearing a sombrero and giving rides on the beach. All this \"get behind the team\" stuff you can stick up your harris. I was there every match 10+ years ago when we had nothing to fight for and looked like dying...were you?, so don't tell me about not getting behind the team.

I wish Hird was brilliant, I have nothing personal against him, and there were plenty others who were also poor tonight, but I've never seen a player do so much damage to a team in one match as Hird did tonight. It was amazing.....

I won't point out the obvious about you too being on the forum after the game. Please feel free to ignore any of my posts in future. I am entitiled to my opinion, as is everyone on here, I admire many of the players, Hayter, Keegan, Mills, Oster, Stock, Sharp, Coppinger are all excellent players, but I won't say Hird is any less than terrible. I'm sure what I say will have zero effect on anything. And if we never had opinions on here other than \"everything is brilliant all of the time\" this forum would be a much less interesting place.

Seriously Benaldo, you lose a hell of a lot of impact when you're criticising Sam and then say in the next breath that you admire what Keegan brings.

The bloke's f**king hopeless, he brings nothing to the team whatsoever, if he's meant to be the midfield hardman why the hell doesn't he wade in and take the game by the scruff of the neck instead of fannying about doing nowt and laying a 2yd pass every time he gets the ball. He wouldn't stand out in a conference team never mind championship one.

No doubt you are a Wilson fan? Now he makes Keegan look like Paul Scholes

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 16, 2011, 07:07:39 pm by scuzzer »
I'm definitely not a fan of Wilson but he's streets ahead of Keegan as a footballer.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 16, 2011, 07:10:22 pm by graingrover »
I personally rate Benaldo as the fcking biggest own goal anti Rovers member of the board . Now why don't you just FO.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 16, 2011, 07:12:32 pm by jucyberry »
I was told a year ago by someone who knows that JR had told the lads NOT to read the forum because of all the petty negativity at the time ..Seems to me he should tell them again...

How utterly shit must Sam feel if he is reading this. Poor kid.. It's very tempting to open a thread with your name on, but boy I bet he wishes he didn't..He isn't in a team of one, and that team includes Sod and Roc, yet Sam gets the blame for losing the whole gaame..

I hope they DON'T read the forum, If they did they would all be running for Beachy Head tonight..  :(

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 16, 2011, 07:23:39 pm by Wellred »
scuzzer wrote:
I'm definitely not a fan of Wilson but he's streets ahead of Keegan as a footballer.

Did Wilson play last night?
Can't say I noticed him and I didn't hear the team announced.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 16, 2011, 09:43:24 pm by RedJ »
graingrover wrote:
I personally rate Benaldo as the fcking biggest own goal anti Rovers member of the board . Now why don't you just FO.

:laugh:  :laugh: wouldn't go that far, but he's not exactly the most positive poster  :laugh:

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 16, 2011, 11:01:43 pm by wilts rover »
I seem to remember posting a defence of Sam Hird on this board after the Portsmouth away game, when some berk (who hadn't been) said how poor he was after I had just watched him mark a World Cup player out of the game so effectively he was taken off at halftime.

Sam Hird isn't the most skillfull players at the club but he is one of the most honest. He also seems to be a player who plays on confidence and if anyone can explain to me how personally abusing anyone can improve their confidence, then I shall use that in my next management training session.
I have no real idea why I am posting this on a benaldo thread as the bloke is obviously an idiot and intent more on destabilising rovers than supporting in a time of crisis - are you Ken Richardson by any chance?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 16, 2011, 11:22:50 pm by Dagenham Rover »
RedJ wrote:
graingrover wrote:

:laugh:  :laugh: wouldn't go that far, but he's not exactly the most positive poster  :laugh:

I would!!!!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 16, 2011, 11:28:23 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Sam must have shagged your wife or something !

Sam if you do read this dont take any notice I go to every home game and on your day you are an excellent player blessed with great anticpation.

You and O'Connor have been great in the Burnley and Millwall games and probably the only partnership to have worked all season in the centre!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012