Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:43:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: wickham/fairhurst  (Read 2264 times)

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
wickham/fairhurst
« on February 16, 2011, 06:35:23 pm by jamesrover17 »
does anybody else feel that given half a chance waide could be trained up to play just as good as wickham both come from the same background YTS's coming up however wickham was given his chance to play and impressed when fairhurst is given little game time but when he had a stint with sharpy up front he played well scoring in both games he played against west brom and funilly ipswich i really dont understand why is face doesnt fit in this rovers team  :S

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
Re:wickham/fairhurst
« Reply #1 on February 16, 2011, 06:49:23 pm by SkellowRover »
jamesrover17 wrote:
does anybody else feel that given half a chance waide could be trained up to play just as good as wickham both come from the same background YTS's coming up however wickham was given his chance to play and impressed when fairhurst is given little game time but when he had a stint with sharpy up front he played well scoring in both games he played against west brom and funilly ipswich i really dont understand why is face doesnt fit in this rovers team  :S

No

If waide had anywhere near the amount of talent wickham had then he too would have had premiership clubs taking a look at him like wickham did and would have teams far better then hereford wanting him on loan.

dfo2010

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 16, 2011, 06:52:51 pm by dfo2010 »
jamesrover17 wrote:

Dont be silly .

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 16, 2011, 07:03:28 pm by scuzzer »
Thirded. Wickham for me showed what all the fuss is about last night, he looks to have all the tools to become a top player. Newcastle are supposedly sniffing for him to replace Carroll but i'd be expecting bigger fish than them to be circling when it comes to business time in the summer.

If Fairhurst isn't considered good enough to get near our current starting line up then he obviously shows very little in training, or the rumours of him being a disruptive 'Billy big b*llocks' around the place may have some foundation. Scoring a couple for Hereford is a bit different to making an impression in this league.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 16, 2011, 07:06:45 pm by Wellred »
If Wickham was a rovers player he would be sat warming the bench or being sent out on loan somewhere.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 16, 2011, 07:09:16 pm by Nudga »
Wellred wrote:
If Wickham was a rovers player he would be sat warming the bench or being sent out on loan somewhere.

Or played on the left wing just like that other speedy, tricky winger we had......Mark McCammon.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 16, 2011, 07:20:04 pm by The Red Baron »
Actually, in the Ipswich set up he does play wide left, although I think his future lies as a centre forward.

As far as comparisons with Waide Fairhurst go, don't make me laugh! Wickham is different gravy. Waide could do a useful job for Rovers and might do an even better one for a club in Leagues one or two. Wickham will be playing in the 2014 World Cup, assuming England qualify.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 16, 2011, 07:27:32 pm by graingrover »
I don't think you can compare the outstanding Wickham with Wade . But I do think that in the present marasm of first team selection and the general on field search for purpose and identity that W Fairhusrst would provede a catalyst. ... for supporters team mates . he would get stuck in ..!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012