Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 08:50:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Swansea v Doncaster Rovers  (Read 21754 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: Swansea v Doncaster Rovers
« Reply #60 on February 19, 2011, 03:59:09 pm by Metalmicky »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=142321
Which ever division we're in this time next year, hopefully the club will learn a valuable lesson from this season!

And what will that lesson be?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 19, 2011, 03:59:41 pm by RoversAlias »
Committing more fouls is technically losing that category as well.

This injury situation is dire. Is it the physios fault? The pitch? The training methods? You aren't telling me its pure bad luck having 14 players out at once.

I'm surprised we're only 2-0 down, this will surely end at least 4-0.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on February 19, 2011, 04:02:13 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Rigoglioso\" post=142331
Goal difference could be interesting at the end of the season.

By the way, Doncaster Rovers have now conceded just one fewer goal than Preston North End this season. With a defence like that, they'll be lucky to finish outside the bottom three.

Rigo with the \"they'll\" again.
Are you a DRFC supporter or what Rigo. If not, I don't think we need reminding of how shite our defense is.

VikingJames

« Reply #63 on February 19, 2011, 04:06:45 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"Metalmicky\" post=142330
Which ever division we're in this time next year, hopefully the club will learn a valuable lesson from this season!

Whether we stay up or go down, the club will know that next time we're gearing up for a season in this division, we MUST create an adequate squad, and not just an adequate starting 11.

Looking back, it sounds stupid, but I'd rather we didn't try and \"push the boat out\" and get to the play offs, because spending all the money on 1 or 2 areas of the team has had an adverse effect.

If we're in this league next year, the focus must be on stabilising and consolidating, not trying to push for the play-offs. The club will have to be more patient in their quest for a play off place. If it takes another 5 or 10 years, then fine, but we can't try to run before we can walk.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 19, 2011, 04:08:27 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Rigoglioso\" post=142335
I'm putting the defensive problem into context. The way it is going, Doncaster Rovers will soon have the worst defence in the Championship. That for me would be more of an issue than any injury crisis, because regardless of who takes to the field they should still be competent enough to perform basic defensive duties (take a look at Ipswich's fifth goal on Tuesday night as an example of this duty not being peformed).

Still won't answer the question Rigo

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 19, 2011, 04:09:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »
On Tuesday it will be one month since a player in a Rovers shirt scored a goal.

snods big brother

« Reply #66 on February 19, 2011, 04:13:07 pm by snods big brother »
Sam Hird now struggling - it gets better! Could this be another one for the treatment table

Question

Do we have enough treatment tables for the injured?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 19, 2011, 04:14:35 pm by mushRTID »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=142333

By the way, Doncaster Rovers have now conceded just one fewer goal than Preston North End this season. With a defence like that, they'll be lucky to finish outside the bottom three.

Are you a DRFC supporter or what Rigo. If not, I don't think we need reminding of how shite our defense is.

People have asked him that many times over the last few months and he never replies.

He is obviously not committed to our cause with quotes like the above. Like we need his f**king patronising b*llocks like that at this moment in time.

'They'll'. what a f**king joke.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 19, 2011, 04:15:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just seen a quote on the BBC live text that terrified me

45:01
The game restarts for the second half.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 19, 2011, 04:15:48 pm by Metalmicky »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=142334

Whether we stay up or go down, the club will know that next time we're gearing up for a season in this division, we MUST create an adequate squad, and not just an adequate starting 11.

Looking back, it sounds stupid, but I'd rather we didn't try and \"push the boat out\" and get to the play offs, because spending all the money on 1 or 2 areas of the team has had an adverse effect.

If we're in this league next year, the focus must be on stabilising and consolidating, not trying to push for the play-offs. The club will have to be more patient in their quest for a play off place. If it takes another 5 or 10 years, then fine, but we can't try to run before we can walk.

I think that we have an adequate squad; it’s just unfortunate that the majority of them happen to be injured.  You can’t account for that.
I remember back in October/November, with the same squad, we were in the top ten and pushing for play-off places – was the squad OK then.  We have to accept that we operate on a budget and you have to run with what you have got.

When you say ‘spending all the money on 1 or 2 areas of the team has had an adverse effect’ are you suggesting that buying Billy was a mistake?

VikingJames

« Reply #70 on February 19, 2011, 04:15:51 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"snods big brother\" post=142338
Sam Hird now struggling - it gets better! Could this be another one for the treatment table

Question

Do we have enough treatment tables for the injured?

If that is the case, then I make it that we've got more players injured than fit.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on February 19, 2011, 04:16:46 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=142339

People have asked him that many times over the last few months and he never replies.

He is obviously not committed to our cause with quotes like the above. Like we need his f**king patronising b*llocks like that at this moment in time.

Exactly. I don't want to be patronised with comments like \"By the way\". As if we don't know.
f**k off.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on February 19, 2011, 04:18:22 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Rigoglioso\" post=142343
I've already answered it elsewhere a few weeks ago, Frosticles. Do a search and I'm sure you'll come across it sooner or later.

P.S: Regarding the defensive problem. Would a defensive coach help? The injury crisis that keeps getting blamed for bad results doesn't take away from the fact that nearly every goal Doncaster have conceded this season has been blamed on \"poor defending\".

No, you skirt around the question without actually answering it.
And who the f**k Frosticles?

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 19, 2011, 04:19:05 pm by Barmby Rover »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=142339

I would not assume any more that Rigo is a Rovers fan, he is not interested in Rovers any more than Huddersfield, barcelona or any other team, doing the disinterested sports journalist stuff I suppose he will have to if he is to get on in that world.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on February 19, 2011, 04:20:54 pm by MrFrost »
And now Middlesbrough are winning. Shite

VikingJames

« Reply #75 on February 19, 2011, 04:23:19 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"Metalmicky\" post=142341

I think that we have an adequate squad; it’s just unfortunate that the majority of them happen to be injured.  You can’t account for that.
I remember back in October/November, with the same squad, we were in the top ten and pushing for play-off places – was the squad OK then.  We have to accept that we operate on a budget and you have to run with what you have got.

When you say ‘spending all the money on 1 or 2 areas of the team has had an adverse effect’ are you suggesting that buying Billy was a mistake?

I don't know whether it was a mistake, because I don't know what the alternatives were to getting Billy in.

Whether the squad is good enough is up for debate. Yes, we did seem comfortable when we were up there in November, but back then we still had a fair number of what you'd call our \"first team\" available. When you take out 7 or 8 of those first team, the squad isn't good enough, clearly, as we're seeing at the moment.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 19, 2011, 04:23:41 pm by Akinfenwa »
We are in big trouble.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on February 19, 2011, 04:24:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
60 mins gone. Only 2-0. Things are improving already.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on February 19, 2011, 04:26:07 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Rigoglioso\" post=142350
Rise. It's so easy to get one off some folk on here.

The funny thing is I never actually logged on looking for one either, Frosticles & Mushbush.

Don't flatter yourself sunshine.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 19, 2011, 04:27:16 pm by Thinwhiteduke »

Frostie. The very fact he refers to Rovers in the the third person, ie 'they / they'll', like some wanna be journalist tells you all you need to know.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on February 19, 2011, 04:27:58 pm by mushRTID »

The funny thing is I never actually logged on looking for one either, Frosticles & Mushbush.

Is it any wonder when the team we love are in the shit? Maybe we should just abandon them too and we might not get so passionate and frustrated.

Christ your a dick.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on February 19, 2011, 04:28:32 pm by Thinwhiteduke »

How weird to simply come on this forum to get a rise out of people. Your life must be full of excitement.

VikingJames

« Reply #82 on February 19, 2011, 04:28:48 pm by VikingJames »

I've said it before. I've got no problem with you, Rigo, but if you come on a Rovers forum and appear not to care much about a club that you used to support so passionately not long ago, then you're invariably going to wind people up when they still put all their energies into supporting the club.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on February 19, 2011, 04:29:03 pm by i_ateallthepies »
With the injury situation, it's difficult to avoid looking for reasons, and the one others have already pointed to is that our physio presided over a similar injury situation when he was at Wednesday.

Whatever it is, it's hard to believe it's nothing more than bad luck.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on February 19, 2011, 04:30:51 pm by MrFrost »
Palace winning.
Not sure if that is good or bad really.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on February 19, 2011, 04:31:11 pm by Metalmicky »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=142349

I don't know whether it was a mistake, because I don't know what the alternatives were to getting Billy in.

Whether the squad is good enough is up for debate. Yes, we did seem comfortable when we were up there in November, but back then we still had a fair number of what you'd call our \"first team\" available. When you take out 7 or 8 of those first team, the squad isn't good enough, clearly, as we're seeing at the moment.

If you took 7 or 8 players out of any first team do you think it might impact?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on February 19, 2011, 04:31:21 pm by Filo »
Blades are losing!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on February 19, 2011, 04:31:50 pm by Wellred »
The one lesson I hope JR learns is that we need a decent physio.

snods big brother

« Reply #88 on February 19, 2011, 04:32:40 pm by snods big brother »
Dyer down receiving treatment - is he a Rovers player in disguise?  :)

VikingJames

« Reply #89 on February 19, 2011, 04:33:18 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"Metalmicky\" post=142361
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=142349

If you took 7 or 8 players out of any first team do you think it might impact?

Yeah, but if you took 7 or 8 players out of most sides, they might be able to muster a shot, or a corner.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012