Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 12:15:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A Question from the Coventry game  (Read 1874 times)

DRNaith

• VSC Member
A Question from the Coventry game
« on March 10, 2011, 12:45:24 pm by DRNaith »
I'm sorry if this has already been mention, I have looked and not found anything.

In the second half, why was a free-kick awarded against Hayter when the keeper kicked the ball into him?

I wasn't looking in that direction at the time.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
Re: A Question from the Coventry game
« Reply #1 on March 10, 2011, 12:48:20 pm by DaveDRFC »
Simple answer, the ref was shite. Actually, might have been the linesman who gave it. Either way, the officials in general were rubbish.

Obviously there is a rule where a player can't obstruct the keeper from kicking the ball out, but Hayter had his back to the keeper and was running away when this happened, so clearly no intent whatsoever, it was just the keeper kicking it straight at him!

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 10, 2011, 12:51:48 pm by DRNaith »
I was the linesman who gave it.

I was wondering if it had been given as handball.  Not heard of an obstruction rule, seems hard to police - and daft in this ocassion

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 10, 2011, 01:05:00 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"DRNaith\" post=146066

I was wondering if it had been given as handball.  Not heard of an obstruction rule, seems hard to police - and daft in this ocassion

If you were the linesman, may be you could answer your own question, and why were n`t you a homer? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 10, 2011, 01:10:54 pm by keyser_soze »
i'm not sure there is an obstruction rule, there's certainly one about not nabbing the ball away while the keeper is dropping it from his hands to his foot.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 10, 2011, 01:22:17 pm by DRNaith »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=146070
Quote from: \"DRNaith\" post=146066

If you were the linesman, may be you could answer your own question, and why were n`t you a homer? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, I meant \"It\" was the linesman - who gave it.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 10, 2011, 02:09:19 pm by SkellowRover »
The lino was waving his flag faster then i move me hand on the vinegar stroke :laugh:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 10, 2011, 02:29:00 pm by Dagenham Rover »
A few years ago Macca was trotting away from the keeper, the keeper booted the ball it hit Macca's arse and went in.........Goal............ so whats changed can't really see how they could say it was handball when he was \"running\" away from the keeper when he booted it

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 10, 2011, 02:35:45 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"Dagenham.Rover\" post=146081
A few years ago Macca was trotting away from the keeper, the keeper booted the ball it hit Macca's arse and went in.........Goal............ so whats changed can't really see how they could say it was handball when he was \"running\" away from the keeper when he booted it

Quite. The ball was in play so Hayter can stand where he likes. If the ball had rebounded from Hayter into the goal and the ref didn't give it and gave a dropball instead, there'd have been a lynching.

Talking of the dropball - and this happened a couple of times on Tuesday - can a goalkeeper handle the ball direct from a dropball? Their keeper did this twice, but only because he was unopposed by a Rovers player. I can't believe he'd be allowed to handle a dropped ball directly if it was between him and a Rovers player, so why did the ref allow him to on those two occasions? He was making the rules up as he went.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 10, 2011, 02:45:37 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Perhaps Nathan could shed some light!

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 10, 2011, 03:09:36 pm by keyser_soze »

I'm pretty sure he was chasing down a backpass wasn't he?

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 10, 2011, 05:47:39 pm by CJK »
Rounded the officials performance off that decision did. Hayter with his back to the keeper, walking away from the penalty area gets an arse full of Mitre and the Linesman starts flagging for obstruction - yeah nice one Lino, go home and read the rules.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 10, 2011, 06:21:38 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"keyser_soze\" post=146090

I'm pretty sure he was chasing down a backpass wasn't he?

I'm sure the goalie miskicked and it hit Macca's arse and went in, Ive just had a quick trawl on the net but couldn't find anything

Beerseller

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 10, 2011, 09:03:53 pm by Beerseller »
Wasn't it against Bristol Rovers? and I think we went on to win 5-1

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 10, 2011, 09:24:22 pm by Padge_DRFC »
regarding your question about drop ball. No the keeper can't handle it as it must only be touched once by the player after it bouncing by law. However this rarely happens now. Touch then pass back to keeper etc.

Boycie

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 10, 2011, 09:26:25 pm by Boycie »
I actually thought the ref was going to book Hayts, seemed to give him a right talking to.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 10, 2011, 09:40:02 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"Beerseller\" post=146154
Wasn't it against Bristol Rovers? and I think we went on to win 5-1

Imperfect hat-trick: backside, penalty and brilliant knock-up, turn and volley.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 10, 2011, 09:43:34 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I know the ruling on this one, thought it may have changed.  Deliberately blocking a goalkeepers kick is a foul and also poor sportsmanship and should actually be a yellow card - must be deliberate though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012