Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 07:20:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ronnie Moore  (Read 2157 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Ronnie Moore
« on March 21, 2011, 07:29:50 pm by The Red Baron »
Rumours going the rounds that he's been given his P45.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scuzzer

• VSC Member
Re: Ronnie Moore
« Reply #1 on March 21, 2011, 08:15:12 pm by scuzzer »
What a shame, he's been doing such a good job up the road!!

ljm-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 21, 2011, 09:14:39 pm by ljm-drfc »
Seth Bennett just confirmed on Twitter that the rumours are true and RUFC will confirm departure in the morning, if he's been sacked very harsh!

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 21, 2011, 09:24:07 pm by Branton Rover »
Reminds me of that Chapter from Len Shackleton Autobiography entitled \"What Directors know about football\".  It was a blank page.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 21, 2011, 09:28:05 pm by Filo »
6th in the league and sacked! FFS! Rovrum, your not Real Madrid!

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 21, 2011, 09:36:34 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Penney to Rovrum? :byebye

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 21, 2011, 09:52:32 pm by RoversAlias »
Is this absolutely ludicrous sacking culture going to slow down any time soon!? It is beyond a joke now.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 21, 2011, 10:36:42 pm by Mr1Croft »
The BBC understands that Ronnie Moore has left Rotherham Utd. Late Kick Off was recorded earlier this evening, so we're not in a position to give you any more details on tonight's programme.

Its nice of the BBC to keep us informed...

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 22, 2011, 03:18:50 am by Surrey Rover »
On a brighter note all these continued acts of pure folly by contingents of cretins enhance DRFC's ability to keeep hold of one of the clubs finest managers in living memory.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 22, 2011, 09:54:30 am by jonnydog »
Quote from: \"Surrey Rover\" post=147518
On a brighter note all these continued acts of pure folly by contingents of cretins enhance DRFC's ability to keeep hold of one of the clubs finest managers in living memory.

Not just that... but when the innevitable happens and SOD is pilfered from us (cos it IS going to happen sooner rather than later!!), the fact that we have the best chairman in the game who has no plan to entertain this kind of culture will attract some top managers. IMHO.

RTID  :scarf:

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 22, 2011, 09:54:42 am by timdrfc »
Ronnie Moores done a terrible job at Rotherham , don't forget they were in the top 2 when he joined after Robins left. Yet again this season they were looking dead certs to go up autoimatic wiith Chesterfield  & he's blowing it again. Whilst i don't advocate sacking people  would we be happy in the 4th division with such results?

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 22, 2011, 10:15:11 am by DRNaith »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=147524

Not just that... but when the innevitable happens and SOD is pilfered from us (cos it IS going to happen sooner rather than later!!), the fact that we have the best chairman in the game who has no plan to entertain this kind of culture will attract some top managers. IMHO.

I would like to add a point here though, that in my opinion, sooner rather than later has already passed.  Given his relative success with us, given the sacking state of football these days, I would say that we are already in a place where he could have left on numerous occasions, therefore IF he were to leave tomorrow he will have been with us much longer than the average manager life-span.  I think that is something that this little pub team can be very proud of.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 22, 2011, 12:27:19 pm by scuzzer »
Quote from: \"DRNaith\" post=147527

I would like to add a point here though, that in my opinion, sooner rather than later has already passed.  Given his relative success with us, given the sacking state of football these days, I would say that we are already in a place where he could have left on numerous occasions, therefore IF he were to leave tomorrow he will have been with us much longer than the average manager life-span.  I think that is something that this little pub team can be very proud of.

Too true Naith, the muppets that were singing 'Time to go - now f*** off' at SoD after the 1-1 draw at Luton a few years ago are very quiet these days. It was a disgrace the way a number of our fans behaved towards the manager back then and look what we could have missed out on had JR been of the trigger finger disposition.

On Moore, from what i've heard on Football Heaven (granted an iffy source) the fans at Don Valley have been mega critical all season of the way they've been playing, you could argue that with ALF's goals and the side they have, that they actually are under performing despite what looks a respectable league position when looking from outside.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 22, 2011, 12:40:39 pm by RobTheRover »
Quote from: \"scuzzer\" post=147529
Quote from: \"DRNaith\" post=147527

Too true Naith, the muppets that were singing 'Time to go - now f*** off' at SoD after the 1-1 draw at Luton a few years ago are very quiet these days. It was a disgrace the way a number of our fans behaved towards the manager back then and look what we could have missed out on had JR been of the trigger finger disposition.

The other by-product of that culture is that a Manager who is treated fairly and who doesnt feel his tenure is under threat after a string of poor results is more likely to WANT to stay at a club like that.  Football is cyclical in many ways, and namagers doing well/struggling is just one of them.  JR sees the bigger picture, and can rise above the knee jerk reactions of most other club chairmen.

And of Moore, yes he has made a total hash of things.  I work with a Rotherham fan nad he says they have been poor all season, just that they were playng poorly and picking up results earlier in the season.  It now appears that luck has deserted them, so the mask of an elevated league position isnt there any more.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 22, 2011, 03:22:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Very easy comment to make with hindsight. (And for the record, I'd just like to point out that I have only ever ONCE shouted at a manager to \"f**k off\" - that was Mark Weaver.)

You can easily forget now just how few signs there were of us turning the corner back then. By the time of that game, we'd averaged not much more than a point a game for the previous 9-10 months, despite being told that we were \"Going for It\" and despite us having the most expensive squad in the club's history. I think a few murmurings of discontent were the least that any manager could expect in those circumstances.

If we had known about O'Driscoll's near-God-like ability to suddenly turn a team from plodders to thoroughbreds in the space of a week or two, the discontent would have been far less. But we didn't then. We saw a side that by any measure should have been promotion contenders floundering around in lower mid-table with bizarre formations and a numbingly dull playing style. We'd seen that for months and months and there was no sign of it changing.

Ryan deserves a huge amount of credit for sticking with him during those days, and during the start of the 08-09 season when we went through what must be the worst run of results in the club's history (2 points and 2 non-penalty goals in 12 games). I suspect that you can count the chairman who wouldn;t have fired their manager in those circumstances on the fingers of one finger.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 22, 2011, 05:00:06 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=147550

Ryan deserves a huge amount of credit for sticking with him during those days, and during the start of the 08-09 season when we went through what must be the worst run of results in the club's history (2 points and 2 non-penalty goals in 12 games). I suspect that you can count the chairman who wouldn;t have fired their manager in those circumstances on the fingers of one finger.

There really, really is only one John Ryan. :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012