Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 07:16:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Ticket renewal installments!  (Read 2055 times)

rovgers

• Forum Member
Season Ticket renewal installments!
« on March 23, 2011, 10:53:54 am by rovgers »
Phoned at nine this morning asking as regards this payment method was told to leave the payment details blank as there would be a further form to fill in for the direct debit payment as it happens the young lady said the ticket office was quiet so i went straight down to find people queing out the door,just to wise you up ask for a Standing Order Instruction form if paying by this method! It requires Account number 16 digit!. Sort code! and Account holding branch!Form gives details of when the May,June,July payments can be made you can choose either the 1st or 15th of the month.When form is filled in it is photo-copied and returned to you so you can take it to your Bank to be !set up! Hope this Helps!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
Re: Season Ticket renewal installments!
« Reply #1 on March 23, 2011, 11:58:41 am by drfcsteve »
Very good that the club is letting you choose whether to pay on the 1st or 15th so people can match it up to when they get paid or when it is best for them that the money comes out.

Anyone still unsure about a season ticket really should look more long term, yeah it's a bit of an outlay now but you can spread the cost, and then when next season starts all you have to do is get down to the Keepmoat! The only thing you have to pay for is a beer and a pie!

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 23, 2011, 12:43:11 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"rovgers\" post=147637
Phoned at nine this morning asking as regards this payment method was told to leave the payment details blank as there would be a further form to fill in for the direct debit payment as it happens the young lady said the ticket office was quiet so i went straight down to find people queing out the door,just to wise you up ask for a Standing Order Instruction form if paying by this method! It requires Account number 16 digit!. Sort code! and Account holding branch!Form gives details of when the May,June,July payments can be made you can choose either the 1st or 15th of the month.When form is filled in it is photo-copied and returned to you so you can take it to your Bank to be !set up! Hope this Helps!!

Why do we have to go to the bank and set it up, I thought it would be like a phone contract or something and they set it up, hence it being called a direct debit!

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 23, 2011, 01:46:50 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
Thats all fine and dandy but if the deadline for the 'cheap' tickets wasn't so early then more people would be able to afford to buy them, How long ago was it announced? a month and a half ago, i think people need more than that to splash out £400+, so you can plan your money easier. unfortunately my contract for my job is running out in less than a month so i cannot afford one before the march deadline, so i will have to pay alot more on my season ticket, i know atleast 5 people with a similar problem, which is putting people off.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 23, 2011, 03:29:20 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"DRFC-PERKINS\" post=147647
Thats all fine and dandy but if the deadline for the 'cheap' tickets wasn't so early then more people would be able to afford to buy them, How long ago was it announced? a month and a half ago, i think people need more than that to splash out £400+, so you can plan your money easier. unfortunately my contract for my job is running out in less than a month so i cannot afford one before the march deadline, so i will have to pay alot more on my season ticket, i know atleast 5 people with a similar problem, which is putting people off.

Spread the payment of the \"cheap\" ticket then!!

Also, its by standing order, not direct debit. There is a big difference. You have to set up the standing order with your bank.

Also who has a 16 digit account number?!

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 23, 2011, 04:22:49 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
well i've just turned 20 so i assume i'm still in the 17-20 catergory and even though its a smaller sum of £ 120 I Had booked a holiday with my family + girlfriend in january before the ticket prices came out, that i've bin waiting to do for a couple of years, and the big payment was this month, so i won't be buying it now as im trying to save as much money as i can for when my contract finishes, luckily i live with my parents who are very supportive but they have my little brothers and my dad's season ticket to consider.

At the end of the day im gonna have to pay an extra £70 or £90 which ov course i will do because i love rovers, it would of been nice not to have a deadline at the end of march, I have been a rovers fan since i was 9 and a season ticket holder since i was 12, At the minute i feel like the board are not really rewarding season ticket holders as much as they should be, yea you save a certain amount of money a season, but that is the point of getting a season ticket holder, i buy a shirt every time they come out and get £4 off that, there isn't any other benefits. The least the club could have done is to excisting season ticket holder give them the same price until atleast end of April or even May, it seems they need the cash now. Rant over

RTID
:scarf:

rovgers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 24, 2011, 12:03:14 am by rovgers »
Cheers Mr Frost was that flustered wi all my paperwork i'd wrote down the 16 digit number across the card and not my account number but the chap in front of me asked the question and she told him to write that number down,will ring ticket office 1st thing tomorrow cheers 4 that bloke!!

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 24, 2011, 09:51:38 am by DonnyRTID »
Quote from: \"DRFC-PERKINS\" post=147655
At the minute i feel like the board are not really rewarding season ticket holders as much as they should be, yea you save a certain amount of money a season, but that is the point of getting a season ticket holder, i buy a shirt every time they come out and get £4 off that, there isn't any other benefits. The least the club could have done is to excisting season ticket holder give them the same price until atleast end of April or even May, it seems they need the cash now. Rant over

RTID
:scarf:

FFS, haven't they reduced season tickets in your bracket by 20%, come on mate £120 that's just over a fiver a game, i'd say that's reward enough. I have forked out £880 as have many others and i've had to borrow from Peter to pay Paul. Some people are never happy though are they! :headbang:

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 24, 2011, 10:54:31 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
The price isn't the problem its the fact i have to pay by the end of march, even though the season doesn't start for 5 months and like i said i can't pay now.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 24, 2011, 12:00:44 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"DRFC-PERKINS\" post=147749
The price isn't the problem its the fact i have to pay by the end of march, even though the season doesn't start for 5 months and like i said i can't pay now.

so basically its the clubs fault that you haven't been able to save enough over the last year for your season ticket and your holiday?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 24, 2011, 12:11:26 pm by Filo »
I`m sure your very supportive parents could borrow you £120 until April, even with the spread payment it`s only £40 a month + the admin fee. Like the previous poster said, it`s not the clubs fault you booked a holiday and if you`ve been a season ticket holder a few years you would have a good idea that the early bird renewals were due

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 24, 2011, 12:44:21 pm by DonnyRTID »
The spread payment is not available for the 17-20 or child season ticket, which is understandable with the cost being so low.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 24, 2011, 12:52:27 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"DonnyRTID\" post=147756
The spread payment is not available for the 17-20 or child season ticket, which is understandable with the cost being so low.

Fair do`s, did n`t realise, but the other points are still valid

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 24, 2011, 03:52:34 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
Not blaming the club for that at all, i'm simply saying why do we have to pay for our season tickets in March without having to pay alot more? I know for a fact i'm not the only person who has issues with this, as a number of my friends/family feel the same way.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 24, 2011, 03:59:16 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"DRFC-PERKINS\" post=147763
Not blaming the club for that at all, i'm simply saying why do we have to pay for our season tickets in March without having to pay alot more? I know for a fact i'm not the only person who has issues with this, as a number of my friends/family feel the same way.

It`s to encourage people to buy early so the club has some cash flow during the close season, wages still need to be paid then as well

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 24, 2011, 04:04:23 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
well in recent years it has seemed to get earlier and earlier i didn't mind it before, at the end of the day i will be renewing my season ticket regardless of price, it is something that annoyed me at the time, and will it be febuary next year? I never really slate the board for anything, I think they have done a fantastic job with us since the Richardson days(end on a happy note).

TinyPortal © 2005-2012