Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 07:43:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Premier Lge to oppose calls for return of terraces  (Read 1994 times)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
Premier Lge to oppose calls for return of terraces
« on March 23, 2011, 12:33:25 pm by SkellowRover »
It would be great if the South Stand was all terraces at the moat in my opinion, would love to see it 1 day but it will never happen :unsure:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12830836.stm?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Premier Lge to oppose calls for return of terraces
« Reply #1 on March 23, 2011, 04:25:09 pm by RedJ »
Agreed, and unfortunately, agreed.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 23, 2011, 05:27:45 pm by RoversAlias »
Good. I love terraces but I don't see the point in changing all-seater stadiums now that they've been changed from standing to all-seaters already.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
I don't want terraces back, what I'd like is safe standing not terraces.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 23, 2011, 05:58:11 pm by River Don »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=147671

They are actually campaigning for safe standing, based on the German model. I wish them all the best but I doubt it'll  happen, the clubs like all seater stadia, they're easier to police and improve season ticket sales.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 23, 2011, 06:20:44 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"River Don\" post=147675
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=147671

They are actually campaigning for safe standing, based on the German model. I wish them all the best but I doubt it'll  happen, the clubs like all seater stadia, they're easier to police and improve season ticket sales.

Are there stats to back that up RD ?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 23, 2011, 06:24:20 pm by RedJ »
And what IS the German model? (sorry for what may be ignorance)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 23, 2011, 08:59:30 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Whilst this may lead to legislation that may allow clubs to provide safe standing areas, who's going to foot the bill ?

Will there be grants ? Not for one minute will there be grants from the government. Are the clubs going to pay for it ? Unlikely.

Are you going to pay for it ?

We have all on filling existing seats and I'm not sure what is meant by the German model but fans in Germany and across Europe are paying much less on average to watch a game of football.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 24, 2011, 01:05:00 am by DMnumber4 »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=147713
Whilst this may lead to legislation that may allow clubs to provide safe standing areas, who's going to foot the bill ?

Will there be grants ? Not for one minute will there be grants from the government. Are the clubs going to pay for it ? Unlikely.

Are you going to pay for it ?

We have all on filling existing seats and I'm not sure what is meant by the German model but fans in Germany and across Europe are paying much less on average to watch a game of football.

Firstly, I'd whack out my Phillips and after moving to the South Stand dislodge my seat so I could stand in that spot.

I reckon a fair few people would come back with the option of cheaper facilities such as standing where you could stand as you please. It's as if people on here have an objection to lower admission prices.

Thirdly, I seriously reckon a club with a vociferous crowd behind them do better. Take Blackpool last season, do not forget the fans contribution to what was achieved!

VikingJames

« Reply #9 on March 24, 2011, 06:14:44 pm by VikingJames »
English football would be much more enjoyable if it was run like German football is. Unfortunately, we'll never see the day because of the snarling money grabbers at the top.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 24, 2011, 09:42:09 pm by River Don »
Nope I cannot provide you with evidence, I'm sure I've read it though. I hope I am wrong.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 25, 2011, 12:01:01 am by Superspy »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=147685

not 100% sure but i think when people say \"safe standing\" and the \"german model\" they are referring to this sort of setup....

looking at a picture like that it becomes pretty obvious to me why safe standing is better and safer than terracing, from an allocation point of view it could almost work exactly the same as an all-seater.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 25, 2011, 01:45:16 pm by benaldo »
I'd rather sit down than be herded about like is suggested in that photo! The word \"cattle\" springs to mind.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 25, 2011, 04:35:42 pm by River Don »
Should you want to sign the petition it's here.

A quick scan through suggests there aren't many Doncaster supporters on there yet.Safe Standing Petition

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 25, 2011, 05:18:48 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Superspy\" post=147821

not 100% sure but i think when people say \"safe standing\" and the \"german model\" they are referring to this sort of setup....

looking at a picture like that it becomes pretty obvious to me why safe standing is better and safer than terracing, from an allocation point of view it could almost work exactly the same as an all-seater.

Cheers, SS. Wouldn't mind having just the back 5 or so rows done like that in the SS.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 25, 2011, 05:31:21 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=147874
Quote from: \"Superspy\" post=147821

Cheers, SS. Wouldn't mind having just the back 5 or so rows done like that in the SS.

yeah im of a similar opinion.

there's a thread about this over on the football forums and to be honest its descended into people just calling each other arrogant over their view point.

one argument is everybody should have the choice to sit or stand. (the important point in my opinion)

the counter is that people are worried about having to move if their seating block is turned into safe standing, and that anybody who says they can move to another seat must be arrogant. personally i don't think we'd have these sorts of problems, as if the club wanted to they could convert one of the blocks that is very rarely used...the north west corner for example :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012