Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:16:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers Anthem: Free Press  (Read 1506 times)

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
Rovers Anthem: Free Press
« on March 24, 2011, 10:43:43 am by DaveOfDonny »
Page 5 of the Free Press, a half page report on the song :woohoo:

Good PR  :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers Anthem: Free Press
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2011, 04:41:40 pm by graingrover »
Could I ask whether this has been taken on board by the club or what. Is it mentioned in the programme , is it played over the public address system before games like 'You will never walk alone' at Anfield . If it is against Cardiff is there an ORGANISED BY THIS FORUM South Stan Pop side to take it up and sing and re sing it ? Has the club a programme to promote it . ?  ... or is it to be nipped in the bud by apathy ?Come on you Viking forum giants !! Get behind it!

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2011, 05:03:36 pm by deebee »
You obviously haven't been to the last 4 or 5 home games  then you would have the answer to all your questions.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 25, 2011, 05:12:46 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"deebee\" post=147867
You obviously haven't been to the last 4 or 5 home games  then you would have the answer to all your questions.

Brian lives abroad, so his question is a valid one, in answer to your question Brian, yes it has been played on the PA system, in a muted capacity

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 25, 2011, 05:15:05 pm by RedJ »
Even when it is played aloud, they turn it down half way through. It's a disgrace the way the club's gone about this.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 25, 2011, 05:17:45 pm by deebee »
Appologies then Brian but it has been plugged on here and on Trax FM also on DROS.

bruno

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 25, 2011, 05:43:00 pm by bruno »
I have been involved in the RTID song project and have to say pretty disapointed re the Clubs enthusiasm to the idea. I'm not sure if John Ryan even knows about it, we have tried to get a copy to him but not managed it yet - not for want of trying by us. We contacted Trax and also the Free Press and also Sky's Soccer Am and currently awaiting a response. It makes me wonder if the song was to raise money for the club such as the youth team they would embrace it more rather than what they have to raise money for the NSPCC.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 25, 2011, 06:25:11 pm by Berkshire Rover »
I've just tweeted Jimmy O'C asking if he will plug it
:thumbsup:

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 28, 2011, 12:50:28 am by DaveOfDonny »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=147901
I've just tweeted Jimmy O'C asking if he will plug it
:thumbsup:

Any news matey?

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 28, 2011, 06:04:46 am by Berkshire Rover »
Dave, nothing yet
:thumbdown:

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 28, 2011, 07:24:21 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Despite the good efforts of those concerned, the song has died on its arse. Why? Because it's bland and inoffensive? Or that most people don't really care about songs at football matches anymore.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 28, 2011, 11:32:25 am by RobTheRover »
Quote from: \"Sheepskin Stu\" post=148125
Despite the good efforts of those concerned, the song has died on its arse. Why? Because it's bland and inoffensive?

Perhaps Dave should do a Rage Against The Machine remix, and we can start a facebook campaign to make it the Christmas No1 rather than X Factor?  ;-)

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 28, 2011, 11:43:39 am by stockyboy »
To be fair, it is a great idea been wanting an anthem for years now but it's just not good enough. It sounds too cheesey, doesn't really get the crowd going and doesn't make the crowd want to sing. We need something which is easy for fans to sing along to and want to sing along to (e.g Liverpool = never walk alone). Not knocking you guys with efforts, at least someone has done something, but in my opinion it is not good enough.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 28, 2011, 03:23:05 pm by RedJ »
To be even more fair, half our fans can't be arsed anyway. I got shamed into shutting up from singing it at the last home game, not because I didn't like it or anything, but I got some foul looks..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012