Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:31:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: \"Doomed, doomed, I tell thee!\"  (Read 2573 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
\"Doomed, doomed, I tell thee!\"
« on April 05, 2011, 02:11:40 pm by RobTheRover »
After the horror show at QPR last night, I think that is pretty much that!

Sheffield United are gone.  They had no fight, no spirit, and no skill, and can start looking forward to their local derbies with Wensdeh and the Spirites next season.  34 goals scored all season tells everything.  Mickey Adams looked resigned to his fate at the final whistle, and I dont expect them to get more than 3 points in the run in.

Preston have had a good run of late, but to be honest they had to have one at some point.  Very few teams go through a whole season being rubbish all the time.  Momentum is with them at present, but I believe if they lose to Reading tonight their little bubble will have popped too, and we can drive that final nail into their coffin next tuesday night.

Scunny - RIP.  Scored one goal less than SUFC, conceded 74 goals.  Adios muchachos!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
Re: \"Doomed, doomed, I tell thee!\"
« Reply #1 on April 05, 2011, 02:16:24 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
The picture does look rather rosy Rob I agree.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 05, 2011, 02:17:25 pm by Superspy »
this is what we like, a bit of DRFC related positivity. :D

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 05, 2011, 02:18:57 pm by RobTheRover »
All hinges on tonight at Reading for me, mate.  If Reading put Preston to the sword I reckon we can all relax a bit.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 05, 2011, 04:37:39 pm by RedJ »
On t'other hand... if Preston pull something off like the Blunts did to the tossers down the road a few weeks ago, there may be a few brown sets of underwear..

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 05, 2011, 04:47:38 pm by Berkshire Rover »
At times like this when my normally analytical and sound judgement is brought into question I consult the great god William Hill, this morning I laid sacrificial offerings at his temple and he spoke to me thus.

Scunthorpe 1/20
Preston 1/9
Sheffield Utd 1/8
The mighty red and White wizards 12/1 For relegation

Come on you Royals make the wise words of William come even closer.
:scarf:

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 05, 2011, 04:51:20 pm by Wokingviking »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=148992
At times like this when my normally analytical and sound judgement is brought into question I consult the great god William Hill, this morning I laid sacrificial offerings at his temple and he spoke to me thus.

Scunthorpe 1/20
Preston 1/9
Sheffield Utd 1/8
The mighty red and White wizards 12/1 For relegation

Come on you Royals make the wise words of William come even closer.
:scarf:

You're only 10 mins away BR so get your blue & white hoops on and get down there and cheer 'em on.  Hmm, then again, maybe you shouldn't....

Mark DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 05, 2011, 04:51:58 pm by Mark DRFC »
I have never backed against us, so is it sacralidge to think it is worth a cheeky £20.00 just in case, it paysfor the saeson ticket then also. plus i dont mind losing it, ive already chucked £50 away on us getting promoted and billy being top goalscorer lol

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 05, 2011, 05:00:14 pm by Pintolager »
It could also be difficult for Preston to get a result down at Portsmouth on Saturday to futher deepen their predicament. A win on Tuesday against Preston would put the icing on the cake for me, and as Viking Don recently posted, it wouldn't be too surprising if we got a result against Cardiff at the weekend!

The next 7-10 days or so will be really interesting in the Championship with the Blunts travelling to Preston next Saturday.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 05, 2011, 05:21:59 pm by RobTheRover »
Good point, Lee.  That game is a cherry on the top for one of those teams, and possibly both if they draw!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 05, 2011, 05:36:52 pm by RedJ »
Will be keeping an eye on the score tonight. Is it televised?

LongbridgeMGRover

« Reply #11 on April 05, 2011, 06:32:52 pm by LongbridgeMGRover »
..............wanting Reading to win??????

they are on 60 points and in the last play off place, we are on 44 with 21 points still to play for. a win for Reading tonight and another on saturday, with us losing v Cardiff means we can forget the Premier League for another year.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 05, 2011, 06:38:22 pm by MiKA »
I'll be feeling much happier once we have another 2 wins under our belts :scarf:

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 05, 2011, 06:46:19 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"LongbridgeMGRover\" post=149005
..............wanting Reading to win??????

they are on 60 points and in the last play off place, we are on 44 with 21 points still to play for. a win for Reading tonight and another on saturday, with us losing v Cardiff means we can forget the Premier League for another year.

lol. thumbs up for this mans subtle brand of humour.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 05, 2011, 07:47:19 pm by DMnumber4 »
I'd rather Palace went down than PNE because it's a rubbish away day, but if they did it would be very 'squeaky bum time' for us.

I also hope Reading do well, be nice to see them, QPR and Norwich in the Premier League and keep the Welshies, Forest and L***s down ;)

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 05, 2011, 09:10:29 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Quote from: \"DMnumber4\" post=149029
I'd rather Palace went down than PNE because it's a rubbish away day, but if they did it would be very 'squeaky bum time' for us.

I also hope Reading do well, be nice to see them, QPR and Norwich in the Premier League and keep the Welshies, Forest and L***s down ;)

Palace a rubbish day out?
Naaah, you're not just not looking for the right pubs!

For drinking, if we lost Norwich, Forest, Palace and Sheff Utd from the division, it would be a shame for us alcoholics.....

Not that I wish it on them, but it would be handy for Coventry to go into admin and lose 10 points.
Worst away day of the lot. Awful city, soulless bowl of a stadium etc etc.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 05, 2011, 09:14:46 pm by Al4475 »
To be fair, I ain't really that fussed who goes up or down, as long as we get safe asap!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 05, 2011, 11:25:18 pm by RedJ »
Wouldn't mind keeping Forest and Norwich. Forest - quite close. Norwich - just like going there and family friends live there so can make a weekend of it if it's a Saturday.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012