Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:18:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Long shot - anyone with 2 spare tickets for friday  (Read 4125 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Long shot - anyone with 2 spare tickets for friday
« on April 20, 2011, 12:46:55 pm by RobTheRover »
Guys, I need your help.

I was trying all day yesterday to get 2 tickets for a mate and his 3 year old son, but couldn't get through on the phone. By the time I'd got through this morning they had all gone.

This was going to be the youngsters first ever match, and he was dead excited.

If anyone got a pair of tickets and can now no longer go, can you give me a shout please?

Rob

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

george-friend

• Forum Member
Re: Long shot - anyone with 2 spare tickets for friday
« Reply #1 on April 20, 2011, 02:58:57 pm by george-friend »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=152114
Guys, I need your help.

I was trying all day yesterday to get 2 tickets for a mate and his 3 year old son, but couldn't get through on the phone. By the time I'd got through this morning they had all gone.

This was going to be the youngsters first ever match, and he was dead excited.

If anyone got a pair of tickets and can now no longer go, can you give me a shout please?

Rob

Hiya Rob,i have 2 spare.
Problem is there not on same row.

ROW F 334
ROW G 337

You can have them if you want but there all i have,hope this helps mate. :)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 20, 2011, 04:02:37 pm by RobTheRover »
Superb. They will do in the absence of another option.

Cheers mate.  I'll pm you my mobile no.

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 20, 2011, 05:07:43 pm by george-friend »
could you pm me the number again please
for some reason it dissapeared when i later went to read it:pinch:

kittyslass

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 20, 2011, 05:38:21 pm by kittyslass »
Hi Rob.

I've got two together if they're any good for you.

NE corner Row T  946 and 947.

PM me you phone number if you want them.

Mary

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 20, 2011, 05:39:44 pm by DonnyRTID »
I've got 2 together(12-16) but i suppose since it's now a free game, it wont matter.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 20, 2011, 05:43:32 pm by Filo »
On the evidence in this thread, tell me if I`m wrong, but it looks like folk have been getting tickets just for the sake of it, I mean they were only free for a couple of days but already people are emerging with spare tickets!

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 20, 2011, 05:46:50 pm by DonnyRTID »
Not really, i've had them a couple of weeks but last time i tried to give away free tickets on here, nobody replied.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 20, 2011, 06:11:14 pm by benaldo »
I bet there are a fair few empty seats on Friday due to people \"bulk purchasing\" the free tickets in the hope they will look popular with their mates.....only to find they can't fill them as it's a bank holiday, the weather will be nice, most people won't actually be that bothered (or a lot of them would be there every week).
That's what happens with schemes that aren't thought through very well and when emotion takes the place of facts and forethought.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=152190
I bet there are a fair few empty seats on Friday due to people \"bulk purchasing\" the free tickets in the hope they will look popular with their mates.....only to find they can't fill them as it's a bank holiday, the weather will be nice, most people won't actually be that bothered (or a lot of them would be there every week).
That's what happens with schemes that aren't thought through very well and when emotion takes the place of facts and forethought.

Are you married?  Because if you are how the hell does your missus put up with you?  Potentially the most miserable poster ever?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 20, 2011, 07:00:15 pm by MrFrost »
I'll be honest, I can see probably a good thousand with tickets not turning up.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 20, 2011, 07:12:17 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=152199

Are you married?  Because if you are how the hell does your missus put up with you?  Potentially the most miserable poster ever?

Potentially???

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 20, 2011, 07:23:06 pm by RedJ »
As much as I hate to admit, he's right at times :P

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 20, 2011, 07:42:17 pm by george-friend »
Rob its up to you where you sit mate,if you want mine just let me know if you dont just let me know anyway so i can give them to someone else.
Im not too bothered to be honest with you,its up to you.

:))

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 20, 2011, 07:52:37 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=152199

To be fair Benaldo's right in what he says! It was one of the main gripes I had with the promotion!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 20, 2011, 08:03:32 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"george-friend\" post=152216
Rob its up to you where you sit mate,if you want mine just let me know if you dont just let me know anyway so i can give them to someone else.

You`d be bothered if you had to pay for them!

kittyslass

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 20, 2011, 08:09:36 pm by kittyslass »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=152182
On the evidence in this thread, tell me if I`m wrong, but it looks like folk have been getting tickets just for the sake of it, I mean they were only free for a couple of days but already people are emerging with spare tickets!

The reason I got tickets to spare is because 1 friend who was going to come with us has had a heart attack and understandably he and his wife can no longer go. I know where they would rather be, and it's not where he is now!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 20, 2011, 08:14:23 pm by RobTheRover »
Hang on, I've asked for a favour a folks have kindly responded.  Why pick on them as though they deliberately took tickets they never intented to use?  People's plan's change - god knows, I've been stuck with tickets I got for people after they couldnt make it, its no biggie.  For instance, I got BobG a ticket for the Villa away replay, and in the end he got stuck with work so never got there.

Its not crime of the century you know.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 20, 2011, 08:23:58 pm by bobjimwilly »
The funny thing is that people are moaning as if those tickets will be wasted because they are free, but if DRFC had charged for them in the 1st place, we would never have sold out. So the empty seats that will inevitably exist on Friday would have been empty anyway! :pinch:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 20, 2011, 08:32:44 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=152228
The funny thing is that people are moaning as if those tickets will be wasted because they are free, but if DRFC had charged for them in the 1st place, we would never have sold out. So the empty seats that will inevitably exist on Friday would have been empty anyway! :pinch:

But people who may have wanted to go but could n`t get because the offer was announced on a working day and sold out the following working day, and they were at work will miss out, there may well be regular supporters that usually buy tickets on match day that cannot go because people have been greedy and got tickets just in case their mates wanted one. Thats not a slur on the genuine people that have got surplus tickets due to unforseen circumstances

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 20, 2011, 08:32:49 pm by george-friend »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=152219

What is your problem with me ?

I never paid for the ticket so why create a problem when there isn't one in the first half ?
If I must explain myself it's on behalf of a good friend who lives in Scunthorpe and her dads car broke down so she can no longer make it

Is that a problem KING filo ?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 20, 2011, 08:39:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
So hang on.

Assume 14700 tickets have gone (allowing for segregation) and only 14150 turn up, the exercise will be deemed as a failure ?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 20, 2011, 08:44:11 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"george-friend\" post=152234
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=152219

What is your problem with me ?

I never paid for the ticket so why create a problem when there isn't one in the first half ?
If I must explain myself it's on behalf of a good friend who lives in Scunthorpe and her dads car broke down so she can no longer make it

Is that a problem KING filo ?

Your Highness to you!

What bothers me is that being a season ticket holder, why you troubled yourself to go and get a dozen tickets, and straight away you`ve got some spare`s. I just think like someone else said that your one of those that likes to impress his mates and having tickets for them gets you a few brownie points!

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 20, 2011, 08:51:06 pm by george-friend »
Filo I went and got tickets for my family and friends,all the tickets I picked up will be used by the people that I got them for

The spares were given to me by a friend who told me they wouldn't be attending and as I saw robs post earlier I knew he wanted some so I said that I would take them off his hands and give them to Rob / Andy

Go carry on with your knitting :byebye

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 20, 2011, 08:52:47 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"george-friend\" post=152242
Filo I went and got tickets for my family and friends,all the tickets I picked up will be used by the people that I got them for

The spares were given to me by a friend who told me they wouldn't be attending and as I saw robs post earlier I knew he wanted some so I said that I would take them off his hands and give them to Rob / Andy

Go carry on with your knitting :byebye

Aye whatever!B)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 20, 2011, 08:54:25 pm by RedJ »
I remember learning to knit actually.. I was bored shitless one Friday afternoon in a summer holiday so my nana taught me to knit. Helped me tonnes (or should it be tons?) in my life, I'm sure.

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 20, 2011, 08:55:32 pm by george-friend »
And don't leave the needles on the sofa,wouldn't want you falling on one would we ?

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 20, 2011, 08:56:37 pm by george-friend »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=152246
I remember learning to knit actually.. I was bored shitless one Friday afternoon in a summer holiday so my nana taught me to knit. Helped me tonnes (or should it be tons?) in my life, I'm sure.

Get your backside into the fm thread and tell me how your doing ;)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 20, 2011, 08:58:27 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"george-friend\" post=152247
And don't leave the needles on the sofa,wouldn't want you falling on one would we ?

I`ll nit you some scratch mittens, Booties and matching cardigan while i`ve got my wool and needles out, pink alright for you! ;)

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 20, 2011, 09:08:33 pm by george-friend »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=152249
Quote from: \"george-friend\" post=152247

I`ll nit you some scratch mittens, Booties and matching cardigan while i`ve got my wool and needles out, pink alright for you! ;)

Save yourself the bother,just lend me yours ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012