Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:09:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Morning Campers  (Read 3405 times)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
Morning Campers
« on April 22, 2011, 05:44:24 am by CusworthRovers »
Anybody up yet?

Tossing and turning, thoughts running through my head, can't settle.

The day is here and I've had many a'feeling like this over recent years. Curse you Rovers!! The gods tells me these have always ended in good, however there is always a Cheltenham (although one may argue that was for the best).

We will be expected to win a home v a bottom club. Palace will be under enormous pressure to win this. Both sides dare not lose and in a normal situation it's got 0-0 written all over it. However Donny have a full house, Donny have potential fans there, Donny have a chance to impress, Donny have a sort of carnival atmosphere.....There are unexpected issues that will effect Doncaster Rovers players and coaching staff today. They may effect them for the good or they may fail to rise to the occasion.

I'm confident we will put on a commanding dominating good performance. I'm not as confident, but feel we will score and not lose this.

Oh for an early goal today to settle the players nerves, raise the noise in the stadium and set the tone for 90mins.

All the bickering on here of late may be the pressure of the situation DRFC are in. It's amazing how it can manifest itself even in a cyber world. Let's be positive and let's get behind DRFC and stand together with the same just cause

Come on Donny!!!!!!!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Morning Campers
« Reply #1 on April 22, 2011, 06:18:07 am by RobTheRover »
To me, today has more than a hint of the playoff semi v Southend about it.

Big crowd, flags everywhere, a must win game.

Who amongst us predicted the scoreline that day?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 22, 2011, 06:23:28 am by Nudga »
I got up this morning at just after six and instantly thought about todays game. Came down stairs and looked on my phone and had an e-mail telling me todays job had been cancelled........semi result. All I need now is some darn tickets. Please ticket fairies bring me three little golden tickets, I will bum your nuts.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 22, 2011, 06:24:25 am by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=152499
To me, today has more than a hint of the playoff semi v Southend about it.

Big crowd, flags everywhere, a must win game.

Who amongst us predicted the scoreline that day?

Hoorah if we could repeat that scoreline again today. I haven't slept for more than 6 hours, I've got the Wemberlee feeling again though and feel shattered.........nothing that a few pints in the Toad and the bagging of 3 points today can't sort out though.
Bring it on, Hoops pressed and ready , scarf dug out and ready to sing and chant till I'm hoarse today. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 22, 2011, 06:30:18 am by CusworthRovers »
Whilst catching up on posts I caught a good exchange from you and TRB re this fixture and is it do or die, or not.

Agreed the most likely game to win is this one, that's not to say nobody will fancy us beating Barnsley or Boro......still likely, but not the most likely standing against Palace.

In all honesty, who would be surprised if we got 3 wins and a draw, or 2-3 wins out of the last 4 games....I can honestly say I wouldn't.

Anyway I'm hoping for a Southend/Hudders (first game) or Crewe type day.......and we delivered well on all those games.

Palace shouldn't have the quality that we have faced in the last 5 games, so we can simply play as we have done and we should dictate the game (first job). I hope that this will allow us more support up front to put away these many chances we create

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 22, 2011, 06:48:57 am by philsky »
Andy in shower, im off to Sainsbury for some cheap (sic) petrol and then ETD c8.30am.

OK Diner, Grantham around 10.15pm.

Donny cNoon.

Parping myself.

ROVCON - 2 and steady

RTID

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 22, 2011, 06:52:06 am by Capmeister »
Kakking it. Couple of early morning tinnies should do it!!!!!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 22, 2011, 07:00:54 am by CusworthRovers »
No sign of anyone getting up yet.

Bets are on for the weekend....Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Port Vale and Bury. £6 pays £57.26

Right, I'm off for another tea and I'm going to have 1 weetabix with frosties and sugar puffs. Time for a bit of SkyNews

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 22, 2011, 07:05:05 am by Wokingviking »
I'm up and missed this thread so started my own.  Sorry for the plagiarism Cussie.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 22, 2011, 07:59:57 am by Viking Don »
Up and ready.

You're right about the early goal, what a relief that would be for a change. So long as we don't then just try and hang onto it...Oh no, definite heart attack material. Think I'll go eat some bacon and fried eggs now in case it's my last chance.

copps123

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 22, 2011, 08:10:42 am by copps123 »
ooooooooohhhhhh nervous....got flutterbies..........

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 22, 2011, 08:14:53 am by DonnyRTID »
Been awake since 6, i've not been this excited about a game since the play-off final, let's hope we get the same result.
Come on you Reds!

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 22, 2011, 08:18:17 am by CJK »
I woke up in the middle of the night and Rovers came straight into my head! Woke up for the second time at 8.45 and same again. Slightly nervous, I've even had a few of those nervous parps I only get at Alton Towers!

Hold strong, lets do it!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 22, 2011, 08:25:41 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Right. I'm on SHITCON2 now. Already followed through once. Guts feeling like me ringpiece could turn into a tap at any moment.

Mind that might just be the plate of kippers on toast with Branston pickle and peanut butter that I've treated misen to.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 22, 2011, 08:37:53 am by DearneValleyRover »
I've been up a while and thought I would catch up, the sister in law just popped round and gave me a box with the Rovers badge on, I opened it and 2 shiny Beer coasters gleamed back at me with said Badge design. I'm taking that as an omen of good from the God's and I'm having an early pint to seal the deal.:scarf:

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #15 on April 22, 2011, 08:52:43 am by NorthNorfolkRover »
Set off from Norfolk 7am. Going to be long day. Deano  winner from the bench to become the new wembley hayter hero  and  hopefullyget a new contract:)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 22, 2011, 09:07:50 am by CusworthRovers »
Big up NorthNorfolk. Sat here chilling or trying to and some of you will probably be en route now. Credit to all you Donny Exiles.

Kids are up and fed. I cannot relax. Mrs CR has pissed off to get her hair done for a few hours. I still can't settle. Eldest is pissing off to Liverpool for the Beatles experience. I can't focus. I've had a poo and that was nice and sturdy allowing just the one wipe. Still can't relax.

I'm going to varnish the decking (off my own back and my choice) with the music on just to take my mind away. Kids can fend for themsens for a bit. It's that or hit the Stella now.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 22, 2011, 09:17:16 am by belton rover »
I had a dream last night that I was at todays game and the atmosphere was fantastic to begin with. With 20 minutes left however, it was 0 - 0 and I was the only person left in the stands. Even the Palace fans had gone.

I am shitting bricks.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 22, 2011, 09:34:31 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I woke up at 6am this morning, very weird.... specially on a bloody day off work :(.

I'll be hitting the Cheswold soon enough, shame I'm driving I might be needing a drink.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 22, 2011, 09:36:54 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
My Bentley Bullet/Belton-like dream involved a injury time scramble in the Rovers goalmouth at the SS end, where the ball smacked the bar, fell to a Palace player who scuffed at an open goal opportunity and the waiting Gary Woods rose salmon-like to pluck the ball out of the air, just as a Palace player was about to nut it into the net. Twelve oiled up Scandinavian bank-tellers then surrounded me and began massaging me plumbs. :thumbsup:

Quietly confident.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 22, 2011, 10:04:13 am by streatham dave »
Morning Ziggers, As I couldn't get through on the phone lines will be working from home from now till about 2.30 before putting on either radio or rovers world to listen to the game. I have a big box of Kronenbourg to get through to help me. I had the chance to have a nice day at the coast with wife and daughter but didn't go as wouldn't have been able to focus on anything other than the game. Have a great day people. Sing loud and proud.:thumbsup:

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 22, 2011, 10:10:48 am by Wokingviking »
Quote from: \"streatham dave\" post=152554
Morning Ziggers, As I couldn't get through on the phone lines will be working from home from now till about 2.30 before putting on either radio or rovers world to listen to the game. I have a big box of Kronenbourg to get through to help me. I had the chance to have a nice day at the coast with wife and daughter but didn't go as wouldn't have been able to focus on anything other than the game. Have a great day people. Sing loud and proud.:thumbsup:

Dave - do you want to come out here to mine and listen to it?  I can put on the BBQ, nice view over the North Downs etc...

...I NEED emotional support to get me through this afternoon!

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 22, 2011, 10:23:09 am by streatham dave »
Just tried giving you a ring. Not bothered about any food being a veggie but like the idea of popping over. Just wanted to check your address. Private message me or ring me. Left my home number on answer phone message.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 22, 2011, 10:27:00 am by Filo »
This thread is sounding very gay! :kiss:

The title of the thread does n`t help either! :kiss: :laugh:

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 22, 2011, 10:29:51 am by jonnydog »
The worrying thing is we've not heard anything from BR this morning... Is he still banned from all Rovers games as I fear he may be trecking up today  :unsure:

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 22, 2011, 10:31:39 am by Sandy Lane »
Hello Coal Hole gang, best wishes for today!

Fingers crossed an all.  :scarf: :scarf:

P.S.  Hello to BR and Cov as well!

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 22, 2011, 10:32:35 am by Wokingviking »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=152563

The title of the thread does n`t help either1 :kiss: :laugh:

Sheer jealousy brother Filo.  We are metrosexuals down here.  That doesn't mean we get turned on by 1980's British-built hatchbacks.  Much.

DAVE - PICKED UP YOUR MESSAGE, WILL CALL YOU.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 22, 2011, 10:37:35 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=152566
The worrying thing is we've not heard anything from BR this morning... Is he still banned from all Rovers games as I fear he may be trecking up today  :unsure:

He has been banished from the country to ensure our survival!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 22, 2011, 10:40:16 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"Wokingviking\" post=152568
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=152563

The title of the thread does n`t help either1 :kiss: :laugh:

Sheer jealousy brother Filo.  We are metrosexuals down here.  That doesn't mean we get turned on by 1980's British-built hatchbacks.  Much.

DAVE - PICKED UP YOUR MESSAGE, WILL CALL YOU.

I just fear that Northern Macho ness has been diluted by the Southern faries, judging by your pillow talk I fear the change is about to happen :ohmy:

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 22, 2011, 10:47:03 am by Wokingviking »
Quote from: \"Sandy Lane\" post=152567
Hello Coal Hole gang, best wishes for today!

Fingers crossed an all.  :scarf: :scarf:

P.S.  Hello to BR and Cov as well!

Sandy, this is the live link from our main national sports radio station.  We are the featured match today!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b010ffth

If there's a firewall or broadcasting restriction over your side, get on Rovers Player!  And get yer hoops on sister!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012