Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:08:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Homophobic chanting from our fans at Barnsley  (Read 8597 times)

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
Homophobic chanting from our fans at Barnsley
« on April 26, 2011, 04:26:23 pm by Kenny_Senior »
Did anyone else hear this after the final whistle when the players and referee had left the pitch?

Absolutely disgusting and those involved are the lowest of the low. It would be good if the club could identify them and ban the individuals who participated in the chants.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Homophobic chanting from our fans at Barnsley
« Reply #1 on April 26, 2011, 04:28:49 pm by RedJ »
Didn't hear it but agree.

bessacarrover

« Reply #2 on April 26, 2011, 04:31:10 pm by bessacarrover »
Didn't hear it but I agree they should get banned whoever did it :headbang:

VikingJames

« Reply #3 on April 26, 2011, 04:47:11 pm by VikingJames »
Those who chanted stuff at Rigo are a disgrace too. Bang out of order.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 26, 2011, 05:13:47 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Rigo needs a diet, biggest bear belly I've ever seen the daft fella :laugh:

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 26, 2011, 05:25:38 pm by Northants Nomad »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=153565

How low have education standards got when people on here can't even spell 'beer'?? Or are you saying Rigo has been eating bears? In which case, I salute you Rigo!

Seriously, I will never understand why some fans decide to bully their own.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 26, 2011, 05:33:43 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Bit rich to play this card after all....fans/ players get all names under the sun i.e. sheep shaggers etc...

Not saying its right but part and parcel I'm afraid !

Quote from: \"Kenny_Senior\" post=153555
Did anyone else hear this after the final whistle when the players and referee had left the pitch?

Absolutely disgusting and those involved are the lowest of the low. It would be good if the club could identify them and ban the individuals who participated in the chants.

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 26, 2011, 05:35:18 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
Given how much shit that Rigo dishes out, its hardly surprising that he gets some back. Whats surprising is that someone hasn't given him a good kicking before now.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 26, 2011, 05:35:26 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quote from: \"Exiled in Wiltshire\" post=153568
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=153565

How low have education standards got when people on here can't even spell 'beer'?? Or are you saying Rigo has been eating bears? In which case, I salute you Rigo!

Seriously, I will never understand why some fans decide to bully their own.

Eh chill before you get on the high horse.  FWIW I have a degree and have spent 8 hours sat working in an office today so I'm sorry if I've not met your standard of English.

Also, I'm not bullying Rigo, we're good mates and have been for years, hence why we actually take the piss out of each other constantly.  Geez some people jump to conclusions far too easily.

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 26, 2011, 05:55:02 pm by donnyproletarian »

What was said exactly

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 26, 2011, 06:57:29 pm by RobTheRover »
Was it the rumour about Shackell?  

If so, then I agree.  Bang out of order.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 26, 2011, 07:11:17 pm by hoolahoop »
Shackell's gay ? Are you sure Rob . lol

Rover13

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 26, 2011, 07:12:00 pm by Rover13 »
That kind of name calling is defo out of order a players personal life is always there business And not something to chant about

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 26, 2011, 07:17:09 pm by hoolahoop »
I agree and even worse perhaps if you're not ! However how much more PC do we have to become to please everyone ?
Will lanky barsteward soon be considered ''tallist''
Will short fat get soon be both ''shortist and fattist''
Get a grip lads please...................

VikingJames

« Reply #14 on April 26, 2011, 07:18:56 pm by VikingJames »
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/barnsley_jason_shackell_interview_1_2249246

Shackell mentions his wife in that interview anyway, so I don't think any of the chanting would've bothered him too much. Not saying it's right but I doubt he'd lose any sleep over it with it being completely untrue.

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 26, 2011, 08:00:53 pm by Kenny_Senior »
Chants weren't just aimed at Shackell.

This is something the club needs to be investigating, rather than just bury their heads in the sand and pretend it never happened. Its a shame that the minority of less than 1% have had to spoil it for the majority.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 26, 2011, 08:18:22 pm by hoolahoop »
What are you suggesting Kenny that these folk are turned in and given banning orders for life or are you just trying to give ammunition to our rivals who read this forum.
Our fans have always had a good name in football circles (bar a few individuals) now because daft youngsters sing a song .......our reputation is tarnished.
Incidentally there is no mention of these outrageous chants on any of the opposition boards!!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 26, 2011, 08:23:23 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Kenny_Senior\" post=153614

This is something the club needs to be investigating, rather than just bury their heads in the sand and pretend it never happened. Its a shame that the minority of less than 1% have had to spoil it for the majority.

So when people sing sheep shaggers to the Welsh ....shall we investigate that?

Or call teams /players Wa*nkers, C*nts , Bas*ards ......

Or we ask if the player wife takes it up the wrong en..... shall we investigate that?

Or when people call players ugly? Shall we investigate that?

Or when a player has long hair and we call them Gippos....Shall we investigate that?

None of it is pleasant is it? Its part of the football \"culture\"....Should we accept it probably not ....but lets be real!

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 26, 2011, 08:29:17 pm by mutleyrover »
Not sure what I may have shouted at the referee as he walked off but I apologise if it offended anybody other then him!

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 26, 2011, 08:36:17 pm by VivaRovers »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=153619
So when people sing sheep shaggers to the Welsh ....shall we investigate that?

Yes.

You tea-drinking c**t

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 26, 2011, 08:36:33 pm by Nudga »
Oh do shut up you faggots. :woohoo: Jesus Christ, every lino got the bufty jibes on The Pop Side (God rest her soul). Boo hoo, let's not upset the 10k a week footballer, he might just ruin his crocodile skin dashboard on his top o't range Merc with crying.

Is it any different from giving Paddy Kenny grieve over his missus? Or Mickey Norbury for that matter. Any how, if ya gonna take it up Marmite Motorway, a bit banter is the last of yer worries because when they stop playing football, their tight buns will go to pot and they'll end up with an inside out arsehole. f**k em.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 26, 2011, 08:38:58 pm by mushRTID »
Quote from: \"Nudga\" post=153628
Oh do shut up you faggots. :woohoo: Jesus Christ, every lino got the bufty jibes on The Pop Side (God rest her soul). Boo hoo, let's not upset the 10k a week footballer, he might just ruin his crocodile skin dashboard on his top o't range Merc with crying.

Is it any different from giving Paddy Kenny grieve over his missus? Or Mickey Norbury for that matter. Any how, if ya gonna take it up Marmite Motorway, a bit banter is the last of yer worries because when they stop playing football, their tight buns will go to pot and they'll end up with an inside out arsehole. f**k em.

I was waiting for you to reply and you haven't let me down! :laugh:

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 26, 2011, 09:17:11 pm by belton rover »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=153630
Quote from: \"Nudga\" post=153628

I was waiting for you to reply and you haven't let me down! :laugh:

Marmite motorway?

I prefer to call it Bovril Boulevard.

Or the monthly detour.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 26, 2011, 09:20:08 pm by RedJ »
In our household it's the chocolate escalator or the fudge factory :laugh:

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 26, 2011, 09:49:37 pm by donnyproletarian »
Are we in danger of becoming heterophobic in this PC world gone mad.I can just see it now  20 years down the road .Donny fans being lambasted for chanting \"your players  do the missionary position to a member of the opposite gender\".On the pitch will be 11 transexual players with bionic appendgiges and a billion pounds worth of plastic surgery between them .Sponsered shirts will proudly display fudge packers for life limited .The goals will be set at a reduced size of 3x 2 to accomodate the vertically challenged goal keeper compulsory under new European legislation.Stewards will have tazer guns if anyone dares to raise from there seats.More to the point folk on here will still be debating the ethics of were someone prefers to put there member  in which part of the human anatomy rather than the ability to kick a football in a straight line.

muff licker

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 27, 2011, 09:06:06 am by muff licker »

You got to be Shitting me, Thats what Football is all about, thats what people go to a match for, cheer on your team, have a laugh and abuse the opposition fans.

Doncaster Fans are quite sincere compared to some other teams, and if anything was said 'derogetry(sp)' that you heard then maybe you should write a letter to Points of View, The Football League Show, Ed Milliband hell go the whole hog and get Jimmy Saville involved!!

When Cardiff go to away grounds we get the 'Sheep Shaggers' thrown at us, hell when we score we sing '1 nil to the sheepshaggers' (in other words we take the piss out of ourselves) - like i say its all banter and part and parcel of modern day football.

While were on the subject of chants one of my favourites is

'Theres only one Neil Warnock, one Neil Warnock, a packet of sweets a cheesy smile Warnock is a F**kin Peadophile '    :evil:

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 27, 2011, 09:28:20 am by benaldo »
Some of you are actually defending that shite...........haven't people moved on from taking the piss at someones sexuality??? Who gives a toss what a footballers sexuality is, does it really matter, and why do people think it's ok to use that against someone as a derogatory statement? There really are some morons out there. :headbang:

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 27, 2011, 09:40:39 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=153690
Some of you are actually defending that shite...........haven't people moved on from taking the piss at someones sexuality??? Who gives a toss what a footballers sexuality is, does it really matter, and why do people think it's ok to use that against someone as a derogatory statement? There really are some morons out there. :headbang:

Agree.

People need to realise we are in the 2011 not 1911, why can't people just shut up and get on with their own lives.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 27, 2011, 10:09:14 am by ctay »
Am I the only person who didnt hear anything?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 27, 2011, 10:21:27 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Kenny_Senior\" post=153614

Are you a traffic warden by any chance Kenny?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012