Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 06:32:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: murphy  (Read 2003 times)

danny1

• Forum Member
murphy
« on April 27, 2011, 02:26:42 pm by danny1 »
just looking on scunny forum, to see what they all think about going down, when i came across this:

murphy on wireless yesterday said his agent is a close friend of donnie chairman.
but not to read anything into it.scunny putting together a package for him in the next week or so.
he has a kid on the way so needs the money.

i can not see scunny keeping hold of him now that they are down

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
Re: murphy
« Reply #1 on April 27, 2011, 03:37:42 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
Bang on! good/young keeper and will only get better and the best thing is he'll be FREE!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 27, 2011, 03:57:25 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Quote from: \"DRFC-PERKINS\" post=153748
Bang on! good/young keeper and will only get better and the best thing is he'll be FREE!

He's 29 now. Not that young.

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 27, 2011, 04:14:41 pm by duggiesmyhero »
From what Ive been told its already signed sealed and delivered that Murphy
will be a Rovers player next season

Chrisd_123

« Reply #4 on April 27, 2011, 04:18:10 pm by Chrisd_123 »
Quote from: \"duggiesmyhero\" post=153753
From what Ive been told its already signed sealed and delivered that Murphy
will be a Rovers player next season

See, usually you'd get a lot of \"prove it\" \"where's the source\" etc, but This one does seem the way you put it. Seth Bennett mentioned a while back things that he'd heard and that he'd be extremely suprised if Murphy wasn't a Rovers player next year.

Quality keeper from what i've seen of him and a few Scunny fans i know have said he's pretty much the major reason to their recent success. Great signing IF true.

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 27, 2011, 04:34:46 pm by duggiesmyhero »
It cetainly wasn't a friend of a friends sisters uncles brothers mate, I agree If
true which I totaly believe it is then it is a great signing, just need some defenders
a midfielder and couple of strikers now

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 27, 2011, 04:42:47 pm by BigH »
Murphy has let in over 80 goals this season in the Championship alone. Not sure what recent Scunthorpe success we're talking about.

He's 29. Not one to go chasing after.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 27, 2011, 04:53:04 pm by dknward2 »
Don't forget scunny have a very poor defence and murphy has not played all scunnys games due to injury/fall out with manager so not all 80 are down to him and 29 is still on the young side for a goalkeeper

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 27, 2011, 04:56:28 pm by DaveDRFC »
Quote from: \"BigH\" post=153765
Murphy has let in over 80 goals this season in the Championship alone. Not sure what recent Scunthorpe success we're talking about.

He's 29. Not one to go chasing after.

So going on that criteria Ben Foster, Rob Green and Wayne Hennessey are all terrible goalkeepers as their respective clubs are at the wrong end of the table?

29 is no age for a goalkeeper, he is an Irish international and a top goalkeeper in my view. The fact is we are Donny Rovers, we haven't got much cash to be splashing about so to get a keeper of his calibre on a free transfer would be a great move.

And Scunthorpe's recent success? I don't know, getting promoted to the Championship twice, managing to stay there last season? Not bad for a club who are traditionally a third and fourth tier club (much like ourselves).

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 27, 2011, 05:02:28 pm by BigH »
Err..Relegation... the worst Goals Against record in the whole of the Football League (save for plucky old Stockport). Detail I know...

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 27, 2011, 05:10:31 pm by Sprotyrover »
Let 80 in!  should be 'cheap as chips' then!  right up our street!!!

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 27, 2011, 05:14:24 pm by DaveDRFC »
Just because you play for a relegated side doesn't make you a bad player. Safe to say if Edwin Van Der Sar played for Scunthorpe they'd probably still have gone down. I'd happily take Lonergan, the Preston keeper, as well.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 27, 2011, 05:15:03 pm by coventryrover »
Quote from: \"BigH\" post=153771
Err..Relegation... the worst Goals Against record in the whole of the Football League (save for plucky old Stockport). Detail I know...

Detail I know.... but you do realise the whole tema are responsible for shipping goals??   Defence missing what chance a keeper?

From what Ive seen Murphy is a good, capable keeper.  I fwe can get him on a free then bonus.

I must say though i like Woods and feel he should be given the chance to be our number one.

Chrisd_123

« Reply #13 on April 27, 2011, 05:18:12 pm by Chrisd_123 »
Quote from: \"coventryrover\" post=153775
Quote from: \"BigH\" post=153771

Detail I know.... but you do realise the whole tema are responsible for shipping goals??   Defence missing what chance a keeper?

From what Ive seen Murphy is a good, capable keeper.  I fwe can get him on a free then bonus.

I must say though i like Woods and feel he should be given the chance to be our number one.

Also as someone has said before, Murphy had a while out of the team too for various reasons, and it was quite a while too.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 27, 2011, 05:36:18 pm by Bessie Red »
I was told many months ago from a member of the staff at Scunthorpe who drinks in my local that this is a done deal.

Donny Dub

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 27, 2011, 05:49:47 pm by Donny Dub »
Joe Murphy is a very strong character too.  He's very vocal and organises his defense very well - he'd be great for us if we're fortunate enough to attract him to the club.  I'd say he would have strong opinions on organisation and tactics and he wouldn't be shy about expessing them either.  Would he fit in for us and more to the point suit the SOD and ROK personalities?

I'd be very happy if he was a Rover though.

Good luck.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012