Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 06:17:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Kit for next season  (Read 1935 times)

smitiai

• Forum Member
New Kit for next season
« on May 03, 2011, 11:34:10 am by smitiai »
Does anyone know if we will be getting a new home kit for next season.. Reason for asking is my son has finally grown so that the smallest hooped shirt now fits him... (i want to get him the one that the boys will wear next season)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RTID75

• VSC Member
Re: New Kit for next season
« Reply #1 on May 03, 2011, 01:02:13 pm by RTID75 »
Quote from: \"smitiai\" post=155144
Does anyone know if we will be getting a new home kit for next season.. Reason for asking is my son has finally grown so that the smallest hooped shirt now fits him... (i want to get him the one that the boys will wear next season)

Identical question to another thread a few days ago, to which I would offer the same comments - I bloody hope not!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 03, 2011, 01:14:55 pm by jonnydog »
At what stage can we assume that a new kit WON'T be on the cards, and be safe in the knowledge that we can buy the current kit and a new one wont be out the week after??   :headbang:

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 03, 2011, 01:29:04 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
We are having a new kit for next season

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 03, 2011, 02:42:31 pm by george-friend »
What a waste of time ? :S
Why cant football clubs keep a kit for a few seasons,just another way to make money :headbang:  :headbang: :thumbdown:

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 03, 2011, 03:08:08 pm by Chris »
Wont that be the 4th year in a row we've had a new kit? The kit this season has been the best one for a long time too!

A9

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 03, 2011, 03:16:19 pm by A9 »
I was told by a current player's father that we will get a new kit for next season, and it is a full red shirt - a la Man United. I hope to God this isn't true, we can't get rid of the super hoops!

I am hoping its just a rumour, as a) why would the players be told/care b) why would we move away from a brand we've established and is recognisable and c) the fans would go mental, wouldn't we? This simply can't be true, please, someone put my mind to rest!

:unsure:

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 03, 2011, 03:32:33 pm by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"george-friend\" post=155159
What a waste of time ? :S
Why cant football clubs keep a kit for a few seasons,just another way to make money :headbang:  :headbang: :thumbdown:

Why is it a waste of time? Purchase isn't compulsory.

If the club can generate revenue then I'm all for it.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 03, 2011, 03:36:54 pm by River Don »
They've managed to stick with hoops for a decade now, the club is getting to the point where it's recognisable. If you were to ask most football fans in the country what colours the Rovers jersey is I reckon a large porportion would know it's red and white hoops.

I hope they don't lose faith and change it again now. The designs will always change but there is a reason Liverpool won't change from all red, why Leeds will always be all white, why Newcastle United won't be dropping the black and white stripes.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 03, 2011, 03:46:22 pm by Rovers Return »
Quote from: \"River Don\" post=155168
They've managed to stick with hoops for a decade now, the club is getting to the point where it's recognisable. If you were to ask most football fans in the country what colours the Rovers jersey is I reckon a large porportion would know it's red and white hoops.

I hope they don't lose faith and change it again now. The designs will always change but there is a reason Liverpool won't change from all red, why Leeds will always be all white, why Newcastle United won't be dropping the black and white stripes.

Leeds used to be Blue and Yellow. Don Revie gave them the all white kit in the sixties.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 03, 2011, 03:49:30 pm by River Don »
Quote from: \"Rovers Return\" post=155171
Quote from: \"River Don\" post=155168

Leeds used to be Blue and Yellow. Don Revie gave them the all white kit in the sixties.

I know that, that's why they retain the blue and yellow edging. It hasn't changed in 50 years since and won't change again though. Liverpool used to have white shorts, Shankley changed it, then brought the club unprecedented success much as Revie did at Leeds, it won't ever change again.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 03, 2011, 03:53:16 pm by CusworthRovers »
I put it to you that we will just have a new away kit. Shame really as I love our current one. So Trendy. So Handsome looking. Chicks love it

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 03, 2011, 03:54:56 pm by The L J Monk »
Bayern Munich do a decent job at keeping a colour scheme of red and white, but changing the design year on year. They've had hoops, plain, stripes etc.

They're not bad at publicising the changes either:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4u1QQLVWyw[/video]

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 03, 2011, 04:06:44 pm by River Don »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=155176
Bayern Munich do a decent job at keeping a colour scheme of red and white, but changing the design year on year. They've had hoops, plain, stripes etc.

They're not bad at publicising the changes either:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4u1QQLVWyw[/video]

And grey.

There are examples of clubs who have done a poor job of creating an identity. Most of the biggest clubs don't tamper with it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 03, 2011, 04:09:23 pm by RedJ »
I do hope they don't go and change it massively.. keep t'hoops!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 03, 2011, 05:08:59 pm by jonnydog »
What they 'ought to do is charge us £60 per shirt, but have it reversable so one side is home kit and other side away strip. I dunno how (or if) they could do it what with names/numbers on back.

But i'd pay £60 for both kits.

... As long as they keep the hoops obviously!

:rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012