Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:58:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers to buy Keepmoat?  (Read 13123 times)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers to buy Keepmoat?
« Reply #90 on May 25, 2011, 11:25:44 pm by jonnydog »
scuzzer, I honestly hope you have a good gig at the 'Roxy'. I've been twice, both times the sound has been absolutely shite, even to the point that BOTH frontmen on two totally seperate dates (over a year apart) commented on stage about how shite the acoustics are in there. I was gutted cos one show was a band that i'd been waiting to see for years, excellent setlist, shite sound!
I for one will never go to see a show there again for that reason alone, and I aint being sarcastic when I say it, I do genuinly hope it's a good 'un. I know Kasabian do prefer the smaller crowds/intimate venues.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on May 25, 2011, 11:50:11 pm by Standanista »
It's surely horses for courses, a range of bands/live events on a scale of sizes, and a range of venues to accommodate 'em.  Somewhere in that mix the KMS has a role I have no doubt.  Doing well out of it is down to good bog standard marketing and management.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on May 25, 2011, 11:54:52 pm by Standanista »
As an aside, talking about smaller venues for bigger bands, I saw Midnight Oil front a packed Aussie/Kiwi crowd at the height of their prowess in the early '90s at Brixton Acadamy.  By some way the loudest concert I've ever been to.  I was deaf for three days and had tinitus for a fortnight.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on May 26, 2011, 10:15:19 am by jonnydog »
I love the Brixton Academy. I've been several times, the last in February to see Rob Zombie, and it never fails to amaze me, IMO one of the best venues to see a gig. The sound is fantastic and I love the sloped floor.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on May 26, 2011, 06:21:44 pm by scuzzer »
Brixton, Manchester Appollo and Rock City are the best 3 for me in any order you want to pick. I'd take Rock City just about over anything but the Roxy on a Saturday night with about the best band in the world for me at the minute will do nicely.

Kasabian's one of the few bands that seem to be able to fill whatever size venue they play, saw them in Notts arena and the whole place was mental from the front of the pit to the back row of the banks, there's very few bands can manage that in one of them sort of places.

Sorry seem to have digressed a long way from the 'buy the KM' topic here but thank f**k there's some music to watch while there's no football!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on May 26, 2011, 06:27:25 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quote from: \"oslorovers\" post=158827
one thing is for sure that bands today have to play live giggs

Isn't there an injunction against that B)

GM-MarkB

« Reply #96 on May 26, 2011, 07:05:42 pm by GM-MarkB »
Quote from: \"scuzzer\" post=158979
Brixton, Manchester Appollo and Rock City are the best 3 for me in any order you want to pick. I'd take Rock City just about over anything but the Roxy on a Saturday night with about the best band in the world for me at the minute will do nicely.

Kasabian's one of the few bands that seem to be able to fill whatever size venue they play, saw them in Notts arena and the whole place was mental from the front of the pit to the back row of the banks, there's very few bands can manage that in one of them sort of places.

Sorry seem to have digressed a long way from the 'buy the KM' topic here but thank f**k there's some music to watch while there's no football!

I saw Guns n Roses at the old Marquee Club in London when they were first starting out. I have never ever been in a venue like it ever since...it was phenominal !!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on May 26, 2011, 07:48:28 pm by jonnydog »
Quote from: \"GM-MarkB\" post=158990

I saw Guns n Roses at the old Marquee Club in London when they were first starting out. I have never ever been in a venue like it ever since...it was phenominal !!
[/i]

Bet that was amazing, with the original line up! I envy you!

GM-MarkB

« Reply #98 on May 26, 2011, 08:05:59 pm by GM-MarkB »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=159001
Quote from: \"GM-MarkB\" post=158990

[/i]

Bet that was amazing, with the original line up! I envy you!

Aye the famous Wardour Street venue. There was only about 1000 people in ther ebut is was packed, hot and sweaty. What a gig :)

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on May 26, 2011, 09:30:54 pm by Dr Fundlekrotch »
They played Nottingham Rock City 2 days later in front of less than 250. Gig of my life, although I'd gone to see the support, Faster Pussycat. That's a great venue that's still going strong.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on May 27, 2011, 12:12:32 am by drfcsteve »
Quote from: \"grayx\" post=157654
Quote from: \"Superspy\" post=157620
shortly as in the next few hours or the next few months?

Days apparently

Any update?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on May 27, 2011, 09:12:23 am by Sprotyrover »
Quote from: \"drfcsteve\" post=159026

Days apparently

Any update?

My spies tell me that this is a very credible story but we might not be buying it outright but acquiring it in some other way B)

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on May 27, 2011, 09:18:42 am by benaldo »
Quote from: \"Sprotyrover\" post=159037

Days apparently

Any update?

My spies tell me that this is a very credible story but we might not be buying it outright but acquiring it in some other way B)

Hire Purchase?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on May 27, 2011, 09:20:04 am by coventryrover »
Paper, Scissors, Rock?????

Keepy uppies?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on May 27, 2011, 09:20:17 am by Filo »
We`re going to nick it! ;)

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on May 27, 2011, 09:23:05 am by benaldo »
Dave \"The Diamond\" Morris will wrestle Peter \"I'm not a racist\" Davies for it?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on May 27, 2011, 09:31:40 am by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=159046
Dave \"The Diamond\" Morris will wrestle Peter \"I'm not a racist\" Davies for it?

:thumbsup:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on May 27, 2011, 07:30:40 pm by hoolahoop »
Nah Dave ''The Diamond'' Morris couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.......it would be abandoned!

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on May 27, 2011, 09:18:12 pm by Barmby Rover »
Quote from: \"Sprotyrover\" post=159037

Days apparently

Any update?

What I have said since we moved to The Keepmoat is that we don't necessarily have to own the bricks and mortar (ok plastic and tin sheet :S) of it, just buy the Stadium Management Company itself. Very cheap in comparison, but with the right people behind the operating ofthe ground Rovers could do with it whatever they wanted and get all the revenue generated by the activities there. Of course the SMC may be deliberately run at a loss if the holding company can pay the rent, which may mean that they charge the football club a very small rent, giving more money for wages/transfers etc.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012