Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:57:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Manager - West Ham  (Read 2215 times)

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
New Manager - West Ham
« on May 31, 2011, 10:22:15 pm by Old Popsider »
Speaking to a colleague whose brother is on the press staff at West Ham, he says that Martin O'Neill has been in serious talks with them in the last few days. O'Neill is speaking to his agent about the offer that's been made - £2.5million per year and a 2 year contract.

Seems that the club is letting the Allardyce bandwagon run as it's keeping the press attention more or less off what's happening elsewhere.

I asked my colleague about possible away numbers to KMS and he reckons because 'it's only Doncaster' (his words not mine) they will only be bringing around 1500 - 2000 supporters. To the bigger games like Leeds he reckons around 5000 will travel there.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
Re: New Manager - West Ham
« Reply #1 on May 31, 2011, 10:37:54 pm by Kenny_Senior »
Can see more West Ham coming than that, unless the game is a midweek affair.

New stadium syndrome, possibly not going to play us again for a while, etc.

I'd be surprised if they didn't sell out.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 01, 2011, 08:52:08 am by DRFC-PERKINS »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 01, 2011, 12:18:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Hmm...another team that'll come to KM and try to thug their way through the game.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 01, 2011, 12:48:14 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"Old Popsider\" post=159610
Speaking to a colleague whose brother is on the press staff at West Ham, he says that Martin O'Neill has been in serious talks with them in the last few days. O'Neill is speaking to his agent about the offer that's been made - £2.5million per year and a 2 year contract.

Seems that the club is letting the Allardyce bandwagon run as it's keeping the press attention more or less off what's happening elsewhere.

I asked my colleague about possible away numbers to KMS and he reckons because 'it's only Doncaster' (his words not mine) they will only be bringing around 1500 - 2000 supporters. To the bigger games like Leeds he reckons around 5000 will travel there.

West Ham are a big club and Rovers are a short hop on a tube and a two stop journey on a train away. I would imagine they will fill their allocation no problem.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 01, 2011, 04:43:58 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"Glyn_Wigley\" post=159649
Hmm...another team that'll come to KM and try to thug their way through the game.

Not exactly in the finest traditions of West Hams style!

Wonder how this will go down with their fans?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 01, 2011, 04:54:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=159670

Having lived in West Ham country for several years, I can say they'll probably join in.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #7 on June 01, 2011, 04:59:20 pm by GM-MarkB »

Was thinking the same thing today. Once top exponents of the beautiful game...now reduced to the Allardyce School of Hoof Ball

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 01, 2011, 05:07:09 pm by RobTheRover »
West Ham will seel out their allocation, no problem.  The IC bit of ICF stood for Inter City, remember.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 01, 2011, 06:34:15 pm by Standanista »
Quote from: \"Glyn_Wigley\" post=159671
Having lived in West Ham country for several years, I can say they'll probably join in.

Aye, Glyn.  Brings back \"fond\" memories of working in the dead of night at Plaistow tube in the 1990s.

A mate of mine used to drink in the Green Man at Bethnal Green, not one of the area's most savoury pubs if you remember the place.  The locals used to run a Deathwish Club: you all picked a famous person who you expected to cark it soon (no Royalty, no Pope, no Archbishop of Canterbury) and put in a tenner a week, the winner taking the lot.  Given the gangland connections of many of the blokes who drank in the place, on one occasion they had to freeze the pot when it reached twenty grand as they couldn't guarantee somebody not putting a contract out on their particular ailing celeb.  (It was Paul Eddington who eventually won, that particular time.)

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 01, 2011, 06:39:52 pm by donnievic »
Think West hamfans will be in for a shock if they think they will be taking 5000 to Leeds

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 01, 2011, 07:32:12 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Having lived in West Ham country for several years, I can say they'll probably join in

:laugh: :laugh:   Brilliant

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 01, 2011, 07:55:10 pm by PDX_Rover »
Big question is will the ICF have to change their name as Inter-City does not exist any more.  Should they now be Connex South East Firm?  Or rotate the name based on the local rail network company serving the away venue.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 01, 2011, 09:58:35 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"Standanista\" post=159690

Aye, Glyn.  Brings back \"fond\" memories of working in the dead of night at Plaistow tube in the 1990s.

A mate of mine used to drink in the Green Man at Bethnal Green, not one of the area's most savoury pubs if you remember the place.  The locals used to run a Deathwish Club: you all picked a famous person who you expected to cark it soon (no Royalty, no Pope, no Archbishop of Canterbury) and put in a tenner a week, the winner taking the lot.  Given the gangland connections of many of the blokes who drank in the place, on one occasion they had to freeze the pot when it reached twenty grand as they couldn't guarantee somebody not putting a contract out on their particular ailing celeb.  (It was Paul Eddington who eventually won, that particular time.)

I wasn't that side, I was in Chadwell Heath for ten years. A bit more genteel than Bethnal Green but still dodgy if you looked at the wrong person in what they thought was a funny way...

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 02, 2011, 08:34:37 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
Sounds like silver street on a friday night.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 02, 2011, 09:08:52 am by not on facebook »
st georges market just oustside the ground i recall via the chicken run.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012