Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:22:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tranmere at Home  (Read 1282 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Tranmere at Home
« on June 16, 2011, 09:05:10 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
First home game of 2011 in the cup, exciting erm not.

Pick of the ties Forest v Notts County.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
Re: Tranmere at Home
« Reply #1 on June 16, 2011, 09:08:40 am by Woodhead Passer »
Rovers derby ;)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 16, 2011, 09:09:15 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=161546
First home game of 2011 in the cup, exciting erm not.

Pick of the ties Forest v Notts County.

I'm undecided on whether this is a good draw or not. It's definately a winnable game, and possibly will be the first home game of the new season. However I'm not sure if this will be another cup game at the Keepmoat that struggles to pull a decent crowd in. If it was away we might have had a decent following, having said that you never know with tuesday night games...

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 16, 2011, 09:34:15 am by andysly »
Hope we don't make same mistake as last year.
Get the game won and maybe have a bit of a cup run with a nice Prem league side away draw along the way.

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 16, 2011, 09:34:51 am by dijit8 »
It will be about 3000 turnout and 8/9 changes from the side that started the first league game.

Maybe the second round draw should be made at the same time so clubs may put a stronger side out if they know they have a plum tie in the next round.

Most championship clubs field a second string side for this nowadays which is a shame.

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 16, 2011, 09:39:24 am by Kenny_Senior »
Nice to be at home, but I don't give a phook if we get beat. The league is more important.

The Forest vs County tie is very tasty. What a game that will be. Leeds vs Bradford isn't bad either.

EDIT: Possibility of Crystal Palace vs Wimbledon too. Not seen that one on the fixture list for a few years.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 16, 2011, 11:43:45 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"dijit8\" post=161551
It will be about 3000 turnout and 8/9 changes from the side that started the first league game.

Maybe the second round draw should be made at the same time so clubs may put a stronger side out if they know they have a plum tie in the next round.

Most championship clubs field a second string side for this nowadays which is a shame.

The side we fielded at Notts County in 08 looked stronger than the side that won at derby days earlier...

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 16, 2011, 12:08:19 pm by dijit8 »
Last couple of years we haven't as the league is the priority and also last season Hayter was out for weeks after an injury he picked up after coming on as a sub.
I think last season was the worst possible outcome, extra time and a key player injured for weeks.

I hope i am wrong as i would like a cup run but i can't see SoD playing many of the strongest 11 as many of Championship clubs won't either.

I do think it is a shame that the league cup has suffered that teams both premiership and championship don't appear interested in the competition except for the few that deem it a possible route into the Uefa cup.

Maybe moving the start of the competition to later in the season could help as most teams seem to focus on a good start to league.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 16, 2011, 12:10:30 pm by Superspy »
personally i'd like to see us go the other way and play our best 11, if only to try and get a solid win to give us a bit of confidence after the terrible second half of last season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012