Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 05:25:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Early coach to Brighton  (Read 2234 times)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
Early coach to Brighton
« on June 18, 2011, 09:05:36 am by Mike_F »
Drinkers and daytrippers may become moist with anticipation now. I'm going to run an early coach to Brighton. We'll probably leave around 6am, maybe a touch earlier. I'll get some prices together shortly. In the meantime please register your interest here.

Cheers.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Early coach to Brighton
« Reply #1 on June 18, 2011, 09:23:34 am by RedJ »
I'll let you know once we have prices for both coach and the game if that's alright.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 18, 2011, 10:58:03 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
If we don't go for the weekend, we might be up for this....

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 18, 2011, 07:45:48 pm by Mike_F »
No worries RJ & BFYP. I'll post prices in the week when I've had a few quotes.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 18, 2011, 08:30:49 pm by RobTheRover »
Are you getting that big grey battlecruiser of a coach Jon booked (which nearly did for him)?

:pinch:

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 18, 2011, 09:00:39 pm by Jonathan »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=162225
Are you getting that big grey battlecruiser of a coach Jon booked (which nearly did for him)?

:pinch:

I did offer, unfortunately it's being used for a remake of Brassed Off!

Just to reassure everyone that's travelling on Mike's coach, I'm not involved in this booking at all!

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 18, 2011, 09:04:50 pm by Kenny_Senior »
I think you might have to check with Brian Evans (Rovers Police Liason Officer) before booking a coach to get down there early. From speaking to Paul Mayfield in the past, the supporters club have sometimes been told by the dibble that they cannot arrive at an away game before a certain time.

Pretty stupid when you consider everyone could just drive and go on a train to get there early anyway.......

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 21, 2011, 09:58:14 am by Mike_F »
Thanks Kenny, but as free members of the public I don't see why my trip should be treated any differently to a bunch of biddies going to Madame Tussauds for the day. It's not as if we'll be looking for trouble!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 21, 2011, 03:11:35 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"Mike_F\" post=162618
Thanks Kenny, but as free members of the public I don't see why my trip should be treated any differently to a bunch of biddies going to Madame Tussauds for the day. It's not as if we'll be looking for trouble!

Hi Mike_F,

I would take Kenny's advice on board. Part of the football legislation in this country does require all football coaches to meet certain restrictions when travelling to away games. One of the key points here is that Brian will have to inform the local Police how many coaches will be arriving and what routes they anticipate taking. The local Police will then inform Brian which routes to use and which pubs will accept away fans etc.

Brian will help you the best he can but you must inform him first. Without that information the local Police will have every right to turn you back, and I can tell you a few horror stories about things going wrong!If you want to get there early then tell him and he'll help you out. If you PM me I'll give you some contact info, or let Paul Mayfield do it for you.

Good luck!

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 21, 2011, 03:18:50 pm by Mike_F »
Ok Martin thanks for that.

My initial response, whilst I still feel justified in my logic was perhaps a little bit of a knee-jerk reaction. If you could PM me Brian's details I'll give him a call.

Thanks,
Mike.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
Early Brighton Coach Pricing
« Reply #10 on June 21, 2011, 03:59:30 pm by Mike_F »
A quick update,

Having rung round several coach companies it's going to come in at around £25 a head return for the early bus.

If you're interested in joining us please leave details below or drop me a pm.

Disclaimer - I am looking to run this off my own bat entirely voluntarily for those who wish to make a day of it, not trying to make money out of folk. I'm not taking out any additional insurance so you travel at your own risk. Whilst some of us will no doubt be having a few beers on the day, I'm not taking responsibility for anyone overdoing it. We're all there to enjoy it and aggresive or otherwise antisocial behaviour wll not be tolerated. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Or at least an adult. If this trip is a success I will look to run further early coaches throughout the season. Spoil it and you lose your organiser.

Thanks for your co-operation with the above, hopefully we'll have enough interest to run the trip and enjoy the hospitality of our friends on the South Coast.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
Re: Early Brighton Coach Pricing
« Reply #11 on June 22, 2011, 09:33:03 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
Mike you are a ledge, where you thinking of picking everyone up from? The keepmoat?

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 22, 2011, 10:58:55 am by keyser_soze »
Getting married that day, what a bugger. Would have made for an excellent stag weekend!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 22, 2011, 11:12:28 am by RobTheRover »
Cant you put her off for a week?

If she really loves you she will readily agree.  If not, then you know whats to come for the rest of your life!

;-)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 22, 2011, 01:41:47 pm by Mike_F »
Quote from: \"DRFC-PERKINS\" post=162834
Mike you are a ledge, where you thinking of picking everyone up from? The keepmoat?

Correct! On all counts.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 22, 2011, 04:03:57 pm by DRNaith »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=162846
Cant you put her off for a week?

If she really loves you she will readily agree.  If not, then you know whats to come for the rest of your life!

;-)

Rob stopped short of saying that she doesn't love you if she won't budge.

Whether that's true or not I'll leave for others to argue.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012