Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:11:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: chris brown  (Read 9123 times)

racecourse red

• Forum Member
chris brown
« on July 11, 2011, 09:47:27 am by racecourse red »
Doncaster and Peterborough are showing interest in former Preston striker Chris Brown who is a free agent.

:unsure:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: chris brown
« Reply #1 on July 11, 2011, 10:18:07 am by graingrover »
are you sure he is out of contract at Preston ? He would be a welcome addition ... back to his home town where his Dad was a favourite for Rovers

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 11, 2011, 10:23:35 am by paddymacca »
Doncaster and Peterborough are showing interest in former Preston striker Chris Brown who is a free agent.

Do you have a source for this information?

He would be a welcome addition up front i think.

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 11, 2011, 10:31:43 am by paddymacca »
Thanks Wild Rover

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 11, 2011, 10:33:33 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I'll elucidate:

\"I've surfed around a few fans' forums and Donny and Peterborough fans were chatting about this a lot. I have no other information on this whatsoever\"

By: An idle anonymous journo.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 11, 2011, 10:35:19 am by Wild Rover »
Not a problem, if i can find such info i post. I too think he would be more than useful addition.

I also  note Lee Williamson was a bit of speculation in yesterdays People.

Again as BST suggested for Brown might be Lazy Journalism.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 11, 2011, 10:53:41 am by Drover »
Apparently he has been released after they could not agree terms for a new contract.Preston offered reduced terms because they had been relegated and Chris wanted similar terms as his last contract,so he has decided to look for employment elsewhere.Might be a good option but,would we be prepared to offer terms that he may want?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 11, 2011, 10:57:27 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Well, y'know, the Daily Mail has got to fill its pages somehow.

There's only so many pages that they can fill with Op Ed pieces by Melanie Phillips about how everyone in the world bar her is a drug/sex/alcohol-fuelled, bone idle moral vacuum, articles about how eating cheese has been linked to 74 different kinds of excruciating deaths or simply saying: \"immigrants, northerners, teachers, social-workers, lefties: All scum.\"

Axtually, on reflection, there's usually about 75 pages each day that they can fill with the above.

I'm very much looking forward to the Mail's turn in the spotlight over the phone hacking affair. The clock is ticking...

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 11, 2011, 05:03:37 pm by Standanista »
Quote from: \"graingrover\" post=167145
are you sure he is out of contract at Preston ? He would be a welcome addition ... back to his home town where his Dad was a favourite for Rovers

Has been reported on Preston forums for a couple of weeks.  I'd have him back in a flash.  If he's become anything like his dad in the few years since he left BV, him and Billy would bang 'em in as a pair.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 11, 2011, 06:13:53 pm by scuzzer »
Agreed Stan, if Keogh's a no go he'd be the next best for me, could be lethal with a bit of decent service and a great foil for Billy.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 11, 2011, 07:05:04 pm by grayx »
Got to be worth it on a \"free\". Wouldn't be worth silly wages though.

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 11, 2011, 08:20:26 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Wouldnt mind him.
Everyone is forgetting we have a decent striker in Hayter. He gets goals works is arse off and got a player of the month award. Yes he isnt consistant but why is everyone wanting to replace him? hmmmmmmmmm

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 11, 2011, 08:26:34 pm by Jonathan »
Quote from: \"Lewis Guys Dentist\" post=167260
Wouldnt mind him.
Everyone is forgetting we have a decent striker in Hayter. He gets goals works is arse off and got a player of the month award. Yes he isnt consistant but why is everyone wanting to replace him? hmmmmmmmmm

Hopefully people aren't forgetting Hayter. Always been a big fan and he has been brilliant for us and still has an important part to play, but no Championship club can get by with just two strikers.

VikingJames

« Reply #14 on July 11, 2011, 08:30:30 pm by VikingJames »
I'm a big fan of Hayter, but we have to remember:

1) As Jonathan says, we can't get through the season with just 2/3 strikers (depending if you include Fairhurst.)
2) Hayts is 32 now. How long before we have to start looking to the future and getting a replacement in? He's never had pace so his age probably won't affect his play for the next couple of years, but there will come a time where we have to start looking elsewhere.

We definitely need another 2 forwards in. Rowan Vine will do for me if he's not too costly, and then we'll need another, preferably with some pace/height.

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 11, 2011, 08:36:13 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Agree with you.
When you read up and down the threads people are wanting a new striker to 'play along side Sharp'. Which sometimes isnt fair on Hayts. He does a job every game. Even if that is just been a pain for defenders.
I agree we need 2 more strikers. One with height for a target man ( for a different option ) and maybe abit of pace.
Also maybe look into loaning out WF again?

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 11, 2011, 08:59:03 pm by Standanista »
Sharp, Hayter, Vine and Brown looks a decent squad strikeforce.  However, presuming that there is truth in the rumour we're interested, would it be a case of Vine OR Brown, and not both?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 12, 2011, 12:24:28 pm by Alan Southstand »
I think when/if SOD gets what he's after, Fairhurst will be on his way.

Sharp, Hayter, Vine/Brown and Woods? Looks OK to me, that lot.

James Hayter can play a midfield role, so will be OK come what SOD decides to do with strikers.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 14, 2011, 08:16:28 am by WSBBA_Ben »
In the Free Press today!

This will be welcomed by most Rovers fans, me included. He was class for us & major part of the 03/04 championship winning side. Browny caused us all sorts of bother when he played against us the other year, scoring too.

:scarf:  Get the lad in.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 14, 2011, 08:43:29 am by Jonathan »
Seth Bennett has confirmed that Rovers expect to make a signing today. Looking at the evidence it'd appear to be Chris Brown.

If he can stay fit then it's a brilliant signing as his ability is not in question and at 6ft 3 he adds a completely new dimension to us. He has a great touch, brings others into play and can finish too. The worry is a chronic back problem - so it's another player whose fitness we will need to manage very carefully.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 14, 2011, 08:46:05 am by Rios »
Quote from: \"Jonathan\" post=167646
If he can stay fit then it's a brilliant signing as his ability is not in question and at 6ft 3 he adds a completely new dimension to us. He has a great touch, brings others into play and can finish too. The worry is a chronic back problem - so it's another player whose fitness we will need to manage very carefully.

Echo'd by my PNE friend who says on his day he can tear defences apart on his own... it's just that he never ventures out of the treatment room!

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 14, 2011, 09:48:35 am by deebee »
I understand Chris Brown had a medical yesterday at 9-30. So could be looking good if he passed fit. Although he has had a pelvic injury on and off for some time.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 14, 2011, 09:50:45 am by grayx »
Quote from: \"deebee\" post=167653
I understand Chris Brown had a medical yesterday at 9-30. So could be looking good if he passed fit. Although he has had a pelvic injury on and off for some time.

Must be a formality then, nobody fails our medicals.

adge

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 14, 2011, 11:09:55 am by adge »
naylor did !...........but we still signed him anyway

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 14, 2011, 11:15:27 am by keyser_soze »
Great signing if its true. Bit worried about the medical history but Brown would be a great option compared to Sharp.

As for the two of them together, not sure it would work but they certainly wouldn't be pushed around!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 14, 2011, 11:17:50 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think Brown will be a better asset at home, too often we let teams force as back as we have no real out ball.  We'd have Billy and Brown with strength to hold up with potentially Bennett and Coppinger with some pace to hit also, gives us a much better dimension this season I reckon.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 14, 2011, 12:01:45 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
confirmation we are in talks with him.

link

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 14, 2011, 12:06:43 pm by colincramb »
Interesting regarding the Chris Wood comment. Would like to see the Celtic lad, would add a good bit of much needed pace to the CB position

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 14, 2011, 01:35:29 pm by The L J Monk »
Hardly an exclusive, but I'm told Brown has now signed.

JamieM

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 14, 2011, 02:13:33 pm by JamieM »
Its now official on DROS. Good signing I think! Do we need vine as well though? Bit similar vine and brown I think.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012