Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:00:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: chris brown  (Read 9126 times)

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
Re: chris brown
« Reply #30 on July 14, 2011, 02:24:36 pm by keyser_soze »
Yeah really pleased with this one, especially my nostalgic side, its nice to have a veteran of our 3rd Div title winning side back on board! A proven Championship striker and a proper #9 who gives us something completely different to Sharp. I reckon Vine could have been the fall back if Brown hadn't signed, so we'll probably let him go now.

Just goes to show, the Rovers fans gave him a good reception each time he came back here, must count for something.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LINCrover2

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 14, 2011, 02:28:54 pm by LINCrover2 »
Quote from: \"keyser_soze\" post=167714
Yeah really pleased with this one, especially my nostalgic side, its nice to have a veteran of our 3rd Div title winning side back on board! A proven Championship striker and a proper #9 who gives us something completely different to Sharp. I reckon Vine could have been the fall back if Brown hadn't signed, so we'll probably let him go now.

Disagree, would like to see us have them both signed up, to give us more to choose from in attack. Competition can only be a good thing!
Good to see quality signings coming in though, couple more and it could be a very exciting season ahead! :laugh:

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 14, 2011, 02:32:32 pm by mutleyrover »
Great signing.  Well happy with this.  On a free and give us another option up front

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 14, 2011, 02:33:29 pm by paddymacca »
Really pleased about this. Iv'e always wanted him back here. I created a few posts on here about meeting him in Barcelona last year and asking him about coming back. Would be nice to ask him if he remembers :laugh:

Never the less, welcome back Browny :scarf:

GM-MarkB

« Reply #34 on July 14, 2011, 04:34:51 pm by GM-MarkB »
Just got in from work and seen the news. I have to say this is a great signing for the club.

A lot of us will remember him as an enthusiastic teenager when Rovers won the Div 3 title and many of us would have been very happy if his loan spell back then had turned into something permenant.

Still...better late than never eh :thumbsup:

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 14, 2011, 04:50:02 pm by mushRTID »
Extremely happy about this. Been saying for ages we need an effective big man up front and my favourite ever rovers loanee I am sure will provide that.

Reading the official site, it says Phil Brown wanted him to stay. It gets better, piss off Brown (Phil). :byebye

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 14, 2011, 05:05:20 pm by Superspy »
6'3\", 26 and a 2 year deal?! nice to see we've ripped the rule book up, haha.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 14, 2011, 05:08:08 pm by redbrez »
happy with this signing, feel as if we are two signings short of having a really good season ,one cm and centre half and we could have a great season with woods and stock coming back in a couple of months to strengthen us even further.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 14, 2011, 05:13:39 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"redbrez\" post=167762
happy with this signing, feel as if we are two signings short of having a really good season ,one cm and centre half and we could have a great season with woods and stock coming back in a couple of months to strengthen us even further.

The CM could either be MacDonald or Quinn.

Not too sure about the CB, maybe Bouhenna but not convinced he'd be ready just yet.

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 14, 2011, 05:15:27 pm by stockyboy »
PNE fans seem happy he's gone, too injury prone they recon. Should suit in well with the squad. Delighted he's back though, always wanted him at the Rovers since his loan spell.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 14, 2011, 05:19:22 pm by Viking Don »
Fantastic news to have Browny back. Have to say I'm a bit surprised as I thought he'd left us far behind but we've done some catching up over the years. Brooker out and Brown in looks like a very good deal to me. No doubt his dad will be at the KM every game as he was (at BV) when we had him on loan.

Welcome home Browny!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 14, 2011, 05:44:14 pm by Filo »
As I stated in another thread, going on the last time I saw him play, for PNE, I thought he looked a little lazy/off the pace, maybe with hindsight it was down to his injury problems, so with that in mind I think this could be a big signing for us if his workrate matches that of Billy`s, he adds height and presence up front, not sure how he`s going to fit our 4-5-1 formation unless we are going 4-4-2

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 14, 2011, 06:02:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Thing is it will give us options, but you may remember Browny being able to drop and wander about a bit so similar to Hayter. No doubt Billy will remain as the ONE up front an everyone else will pivot around him.

We should know by now SOD does not do formations, he does flexible options.

Once again, it seems SOD is going for his preferred ingredient of intelligence. I'm chuffed with the signings so far.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 14, 2011, 06:25:18 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=167775
Thing is it will give us options, but you may remember Browny being able to drop and wander about a bit so similar to Hayter. No doubt Billy will remain as the ONE up front an everyone else will pivot around him.

We should know by now SOD does not do formations, he does flexible options.

Once again, it seems SOD is going for his preferred ingredient of intelligence. I'm chuffed with the signings so far.

SOD also said we were too reliant on Billy last season, and that he wanted to develop a partnership of two goalscorers. In the last few years Hayter has adopted a similar role to Coppinger, springing off round the field and getting forward when needed. So we could be looking at having 2 strikers up front with Billy and Browny next season.I don't want us to be too reliant on Billy either, especially since he is so highly rated then he puts in a performance like Wolves away; sits on halfway line all night not getting back then having a go at defense when 4th goal goes in against premier league opposition then swears at a fan...

And people on here are saying Brown can look lazy. But that is all in the past, what matters is that we have our man and a great striker at that. I'm honestly surprised we have managed to pull it off, I believe that if this works out it could become the signing of the season that changes our direction from avoiding relegation to maybe, just maybe climbing further up the table than predicted by many...

Just get that back four sorted and Old Trafford beckons ;)

Sars

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 14, 2011, 07:04:57 pm by Sars »
Just seen this on the official site, great piece of news. Feel a change of scenery is just what the lad needs. A fresh start! I personally think that this is a great signing and believe that he would fit into the team really well.

However, what does this mean for the trialists such as Vine? Do you think SOD will still be interested? Will there be money available for wages should SOD wish to take him on?

I, like many others on the forum have been impressed with our transfer activity so far. I feel like the whole process has been far more organised, instead of the last minute dash for signatures we have been used to in previous years.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 14, 2011, 08:19:08 pm by PDX_Rover »
Brilliant.  FACT.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 14, 2011, 08:49:44 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Why can't Browny play a similar role to the one Kevin Davies does for Bolton :thumbsup:

redmist

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 14, 2011, 08:54:39 pm by redmist »
Great to have Chris back but cant help but think he might be Billy's replacement though! :(

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 14, 2011, 09:48:38 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Quote from: \"redmist\" post=167815
Great to have Chris back but cant help but think he might be Billy's replacement though! :(

*Might* being the word there. So far he isn't, and doubt it'd be before Jan. Would love to see us get Vine too - he could fancy us as being an effective stepping stone for him and accept a deal we can afford. With that front line we won't need a defence ;)

Hopefully this may give a nudge to season ticket sales. Betting looking a bit better?

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 14, 2011, 10:01:30 pm by Barmby Rover »
It is looking through rose tinted glasses a bit, Chris is a striker who has had problems over the last couple of seasons, but having said that, welcome back lad! He can give great back up and give Sean an option of a dual strike team up front. I do like Hayter, and really admire what he brings to the team, but he is more of an attacking midfielder and not a natural striker, Chris Brown is much happier playing further up the field and is capable of shaking up a good few centre halves that would take a lot of pressure off Billy and perhaps create a situation where he didn't get so many injuries with someone to share the \"stick\" he has to take as a lone striker. Another sign of the real intent that the board has to push the club on. :scarf:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 14, 2011, 10:04:25 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
What problems?

Quote from: \"Barmby Rover\" post=167832
It is looking through rose tinted glasses a bit, Chris is a striker who has had problems over the last couple of seasons, but having said that, welcome back lad! He can give great back up and give Sean an option of a dual strike team up front. I do like Hayter, and really admire what he brings to the team, but he is more of an attacking midfielder and not a natural striker, Chris Brown is much happier playing further up the field and is capable of shaking up a good few centre halves that would take a lot of pressure off Billy and perhaps create a situation where he didn't get so many injuries with someone to share the \"stick\" he has to take as a lone striker. Another sign of the real intent that the board has to push the club on. :scarf:

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 14, 2011, 10:06:48 pm by Barmby Rover »
Injuries and falling out of favour, playing only 13 games last season, not good for a striker, ask Heffs!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 14, 2011, 10:09:52 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
massive unit and will get injuries simple as but positives outway the negatives massively!

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 14, 2011, 10:12:47 pm by Barmby Rover »
Agreed!

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 14, 2011, 10:18:50 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=167837
will get injuries...

No worries on that score. We're getting a new rowing machine. :scarf:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 14, 2011, 10:20:36 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Snods Shinpad 2\" post=167841
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=167837
will get injuries...

No worries on that score. We're getting a new rowing machine. :scarf:

Aye, and kebabs are banned after training! :laugh:

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 14, 2011, 10:23:03 pm by Barmby Rover »
Thank goodness that some of us fans don't have to stick to the same rules! ;)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 14, 2011, 10:24:27 pm by BobG »
'Brilliant striker'?????

Has anyone axtually troubled to look up his scoring record? Or his injury record? God Almighty! Emotional prats the lot of you (Filo excepted).

He's fat. He's slow. He's injury prone and he don't score often at all.

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on July 14, 2011, 10:27:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Interesting. This could be a gem of a signing. Back in 03-04, Brown showed all the attributes of a player who might flourish under O'Driscoll. I know it was only Tier 4, but then again, he was only 19 - and his ability to keep his head while the boots were flying in the box and pick the right pass or shot was superb. Intelligence, responsibility and a bit of physical presence. Could be perfect.

As for the injuries, as I've stated previously, over the last two years, Brown has has been fit enough to be in the PNE match day squad almost exactly the same number of times that Billy Sharp has been fit to play for us. I'm struggling to see why one is considered to be as fit as a butcher's dog and the other one is a crock.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 14, 2011, 10:29:16 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Incredible comments! Type of opinion I am sure the KM2 epsecially wonder why they f**king bother!

Quote from: \"BobG\" post=167846
'Brilliant striker'?????

Has anyone axtually troubled to look up his scoring record? Or his injury record? God Almighty! Emotional prats the lot of you (Filo excepted).

He's fat. He's slow. He's injury prone and he don't score often at all.

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012