Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:57:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Change to offside law?  (Read 1420 times)

Pintolager

• Forum Member
Change to offside law?
« on July 28, 2011, 06:05:47 pm by Pintolager »
I heard earlier that there is going to be a change to the offside law. A player will only be flagged offside if he actually touches the ball and not just running towards it.

Anyone confirm this?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
Re: Change to offside law?
« Reply #1 on July 28, 2011, 06:15:04 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Stupid if true. No need to fix anything that isn't broken. But if the player is running towards the ball. There going to touch so why delay the game when there's no need?
Same with the non multi ball system. Only one ball. WHY? Will be waiting ages for te ball to be returned.
Only rule that should be changed is the player going off. If they have been fouled and recieved treatment on the pitch. Especially if where in a defending position. Eg. Corner, freekick. Stupid rule.

Chrisd_123

« Reply #2 on July 28, 2011, 06:35:58 pm by Chrisd_123 »
The change to the multiball rule is going to be a good move imo. I don't half get sick of being 1-0 up away from home and suddenly 100 balls become available for the home team. Or if we're 1-0 down and attacking and all of a sudden every ball goes missing. Atleast in this case it's going to be fair for both teams.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 28, 2011, 06:35:59 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Quote from: \"Lewis Guys Dentist\" post=170446
Stupid if true. No need to fix anything that isn't broken. But if the player is running towards the ball. There going to touch so why delay the game when there's no need?
Same with the non multi ball system. Only one ball. WHY? Will be waiting ages for te ball to be returned.
Only rule that should be changed is the player going off. If they have been fouled and recieved treatment on the pitch. Especially if where in a defending position. Eg. Corner, freekick. Stupid rule.

I remember the rule first being brought in for international fixtures as a necessary countermeasure to players feigning injury in the 1970 Mexico world cup.  It's easy to think it's a stupid rule if you're unaware of what would be happening without it.  Ok, players dive these days and that's another thing that spoils the game but because of this 'stupid rule' they don't stay down if they aren't needing treatment.

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 28, 2011, 06:39:30 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Quote from: \"i_ateallthepies\" post=170455
Quote from: \"Lewis Guys Dentist\" post=170446

I remember the rule first being brought in for international fixtures as a necessary countermeasure to players feigning injury in the 1970 Mexico world cup.  It's easy to think it's a stupid rule if you're unaware of what would be happening
 without it.  Ok, players dive these days and that's another thing that spoils the game but because of this 'stupid rule' they don't stay down if they aren't needing treatment.

Fair enough. i understand what you saying but in my opinion, not a good rule at all.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 28, 2011, 09:16:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The injury thing is farcical though. If the 'injured' player cannot come back on to the pitch straight away then the offending player should be made to come off the pitch until such time as the injured player can rejoin or a sub be put on.

awsworth_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 29, 2011, 08:49:05 am by awsworth_rover »
The injury rule..... tricky one. How many times is the game stopped when a player isnt injured? Personally id like to see the player recieve treatment while the game continues, then if he is 'really' injured, he is immediately treated, but if he is 'feigning it' its to his own teams disadvantage. Similar to rugby i suppose. Does my head in when the ball is kicked out for a player when nothing is wrong with him!! Man up and run it off player! When we played for balby carr, we were told never let the opposing player know he hurt u, get on with it! Now they jump on the floor if anyone stands to close. Wastes so much time, kicking it out, then they mess around having a drink, whilst the injured player performs miricles and recovers, then they kick it back..... zzzzzzzz, oh the games back on, great.....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012