Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 11:02:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rigo on Twitter  (Read 8918 times)

donnybel

• Forum Member
Rigo on Twitter
« on July 31, 2011, 08:33:24 am by donnybel »
So Giles Barnes is to good for Donny....thought he was a Rovers fan???  Silly me,I always thought that when you go to uni you could still support your team.  Maybe when you're studying to be a sports journo you've got to be impartial.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Rigo on Twitter
« Reply #1 on July 31, 2011, 08:52:48 am by The Red Baron »
No-one is too good to play for DRFC.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 31, 2011, 08:59:36 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Thought is was a strange comment, when you have had players like Oster, Sulli at the club for many years.

Yes, seems a good footballer but he appears to have failed to make the grade at the highest level!!!

ALso his wages must be through the roof so probably just training with us to get match fitness?

Not sure we need another winger do we? Is that his best position?

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 31, 2011, 09:06:08 am by Wello »
if he's just training with us, why play him in our last pre season game? we must have a big interest in him or else we wouldn't bother have him training with us. SOD could rejuvenate his career, lets hope the lad see's this and we sign him, another Gem here. right age too.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 31, 2011, 09:14:51 am by Rios »
I think the biggest question that has to be answered is who in their right mind would follow Rigo on Twitter???  :silly:

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 31, 2011, 09:31:21 am by Jonathan »
Logic says we must have some realistic interest in him or why integrate him into the team in the final practice match?

If we can afford him and we feel we can get games out of him then we would be absolutely crazy not to make every effort to get him in. He is adaptable and has unbelievable quality, he would improve the team so quite clearly he would be a brilliant signing.

As for Rigo's comment - not seen it but just ignore it.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 31, 2011, 09:35:15 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Some great words indeed, god even got me excited,however, suppose when yuou have players like Copps, Oster and Sharp in the side, I think these can also boost \"unbelievable quality\".

Quote from: \"Jonathan\" post=170966
Logic says we must have some realistic interest in him or why integrate him into the team in the final practice match?

If we can afford him and we feel we can get games out of him then we would be absolutely crazy not to make every effort to get him in. He is adaptable and has unbelievable quality, he would improve the team so quite clearly he would be a brilliant signing.

As for Rigo's comment - not seen it but just ignore it.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 31, 2011, 09:37:37 am by mushRTID »
Used to follow him until I realised his posts were as boring as they were on here.

Makes my blood boil how someone can just turn their back on this great club.

Was still using words such as 'them' and 'they' to describe us the last time I saw a tweet.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 31, 2011, 09:41:40 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"Rios\" post=170965
I think the biggest question that has to be answered is who in their right mind would follow Rigo on Twitter???  :silly:

Delete \"Rigo\". Insert \"Any t**t\"

It's bad enough being regaled by the inane ramblings of every gobshite who insists on broadcasting a running commentary of their inadequate lives while talking on their mobiles. But you're stuck with that if you get one of them on the bus or train. That's just bad luck.

But to actively search out these blatherings on Twitter?

Who John Oster has had dinner with?

Who has heard what someone thinks about what someone read in the gossip section of the Sunday People?

What colour f**king undercrackies some reserve player from Milton Keynes is wearing while he's out on the tap?

Whether some non-entity will be cheering on Khaki Button in the F1?

f**k me. Is that the pinnacle of 14,000 years of human civilisation?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 31, 2011, 09:43:02 am by Norfolk N Chance »
I think he genuinely still supports Rovers, he was selling flags when we played I think Palace, think its just in his capacity as a budding Journo!!!!

Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=170969
Used to follow him until I realised his posts were as boring as they were on here.

Makes my blood boil how someone can just turn their back on this great club.

Was still using words such as 'them' and 'they' to describe us the last time I saw a tweet.

donnybel

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 31, 2011, 11:03:14 am by donnybel »
mushRTID, that was exactly my sentiments, what a ....what BST said! Just want to clear up that the tweet which I saw was one of the ones' that scroll along side of the forum. Typical female emotions, I just thought what t****r. :angry:

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 31, 2011, 11:08:13 am by Rios »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=170971

It's bad enough being regaled by the inane ramblings of every gobshite who insists on broadcasting a running commentary of their inadequate lives while talking on their mobiles. But you're stuck with that if you get one of them on the bus or train. That's just bad luck.

Who has heard what someone thinks about what someone read in the gossip section of the Sunday People?

What colour f**king undercrackies some reserve player from Milton Keynes is wearing while he's out on the tap?

What he said!  You should be on grumpy old men (and I'll join you!)  :woohoo:

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 31, 2011, 11:14:34 am by redwine »
He'll never be a proper journalist until he learns to use alliteration at every available opportunity.

Rigo riles Rovers

Rigo rejects reject for Rovers

Rigo rites (sic) rubbish

LOL

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 31, 2011, 11:47:27 am by coventryrover »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=170971
Quote from: \"Rios\" post=170965

had an asthma attack after that statement from BST

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 31, 2011, 11:51:34 am by Sprotyrover »
Rigo at Unni???

Whats the daft twerp doing???..... re decorating the halls of residence perhaps??? somebody better tell him they have all shut vdown for the summer!!!:byebye

Chrisd_123

« Reply #15 on July 31, 2011, 12:22:20 pm by Chrisd_123 »
Slow news day? f**k me! Does it matter what someone says on Twitter? One minute you're all saying Twitters a load of shit and then you're slagging someone off for what they put on there :headbang: :headbang:

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 31, 2011, 12:42:54 pm by Wade Falana »
Barnes is training with Wigan this week.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 31, 2011, 12:49:49 pm by Wellred »
Rigo is what he is. A jumped up spotty youth who thinks he knows better than everyone else.
He typifies a sticker I once saw on a car. \"Employ me now while I am still young and know Everything\"

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 31, 2011, 12:56:33 pm by mushRTID »
Quote from: \"Wade Falana\" post=171008

How do you know?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 31, 2011, 12:59:24 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Wade Falana\" post=171008

I wonder if some one will complain it`s on this forum!

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 31, 2011, 01:01:09 pm by jucyberry »
I'd say he is trying for impartiality, something I guess they are taught in journalist school.. ;) I prefer to judge by andy's deeds not his words, (they always shoot him in the foot bless him).. But you have to admit the boy goes out of his way to do things for Rovers, selling the programmes ect. That is what really counts.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 31, 2011, 03:37:53 pm by Standanista »
Quote from: \"Wello\" post=170964
if he's just training with us, why play him in our last pre season game? we must have a big interest in him or else we wouldn't bother have him training with us. SOD could rejuvenate his career, lets hope the lad see's this and we sign him, another Gem here. right age too.

Agreed.  If SteveITK says we're genuinely interested in him, that's good enough for me.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 31, 2011, 04:57:48 pm by rover-n-out »
I'm sure I once saw Rigo wearing a T-shirt that stated....\"F*ck Google, ask me!\"

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 31, 2011, 05:15:42 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=171010
Rigo is what he is. A jumped up spotty youth who thinks he knows better than everyone else.

Exactly...ignore him long enough and he'll go away. His opinion is irrelevant.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 31, 2011, 05:57:27 pm by Barmby Rover »
His opinion is worth no more than yours or mine. The fact that G.Barnes came and played for Rovers means HE is interested in the club, even if some are not.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 31, 2011, 06:29:25 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Barmby Rover\" post=171089
His opinion is worth no more than yours or mine. The fact that G.Barnes came and played for Rovers means HE is interested in the club, even if some are not.

I think if you read the original post the main grumble of posters is that Rigo's opinion that Giles Barnes is too good for Rovers isn't worth diddly squat.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 31, 2011, 07:00:07 pm by Drover »
Rigo said the same about Ritchie wellens,and we all know what the penalty for that statement was. :laugh: Thought he was the dogs bollox then did'nt he :)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 31, 2011, 07:04:04 pm by DonnyOsmond »
For all the #drfc fans, who, for some reason, think I hate the club, then I don't. I wish you all the best of luck for the season ahead.

Wish us the best? Shouldn't that be hope WE do well or something along those lines? He obviously still supports the club if he's going to our friendlies, selling flags, etc, he just doesn't seem to see how strange it looks when he's gone from being a supporter to using the club in third person.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 31, 2011, 07:18:29 pm by Jonathan »
Onto a more pressing and interesting subject than a former supporter's Twitter account.

Anyone know what's actually happening with Giles Barnes? Can we expect any positive news on him signing in the coming days?

Talks clearly started midway through last week, he played for us Friday but nothing has been announced and the concern always exists that a player of that quality could be lured away unless a contract is signed. It would be a massive boost if he was lining up for us at Brighton.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 31, 2011, 07:20:56 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Someone said something re Wigan this rubbish?

Quote from: \"Jonathan\" post=171119
Onto a more pressing and interesting subject than a former supporter's Twitter account.

Anyone know what's actually happening with Giles Barnes? Can we expect any positive news on him signing in the coming days?

Talks clearly started midway through last week, he played for us Friday but nothing has been announced and the concern always exists that a player of that quality could be lured away unless a contract is signed. It would be a massive boost if he was lining up for us at Brighton.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012